XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Mar 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #16 of 3,865
More on the SU-1:
Product Description:

SU-1 digital interface of our team to develop a high-performance USB digital audio interface, using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chips. SU-1 is a self-developed ultra- low jitter clock system ( Crystek of CCHD-957 series ), with astandard USB2.0  input interface, rich output interfaces, including XLR balanced output AES, coaxial RCA and BNC, use HDMI socket output I2S interface output word clock WCLK.

SU-1 long-time research and development for nearly a year, which has gone through many twists and turns and variables.

SU-1 is the first machine we have developed equipment that is positioned in the high-end interface, is used mainly in the following three main technologies:

1, full isolation technology (ground isolation), the use of 150Mbps full-chip isolation, interference can be completely isolated from the PC;

2, source synchronous shaping technology and CPLD technology, I2S signal isolation after the re-shaping; thus eliminating the isolation chip to bring added jitter;

3, the independent development of the system clock, using CRYSTEK high-performance oscillator, low phase noise and low jitter.

1, SU-1 is the first using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series of high-end USB digital interface products. New generation XMOS chip, using more advanced process technology, performance than the older U8 chip doubled, reaching 1000MIPS processing capabilities.

2 , it is known, the weight of the core is digital audio algorithms. Our team in the field of digital audio work for many years, at the same time get XMOS FAEsupport team, we conducted a number of technical improvements and optimization algorithms on the basis of the original firmware.

Specifications:

Each output interface supports sample rates:

PCM: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,

176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz

[ Wherein I2S out support full sample rate , S / PDIF supports up to 192KHz]

DSD: 2.8 MHz (DSD64) - DoP, native

5.6 MHz (DSD128) - DoP, native

MHz 11.2 (DSD256) -   DoP, Native

[ Wherein I2S out support all DSD format , S / PDIF and AES / EBU support DSD64 DOPmode ]

Bits wide: the highest 32 bit over I2S output

The highest 24 bit over S / PDIF

Each interface electrical standards:

1 , the USB input socket is a standard USB-B type female, the USB power supply range4.5V-5.1V ;

2 , the RCA connector outputs standard S / PDIF  signal level is 550mV ( access standard load ), the output impedance of 75 ohms;

3, the power input is 220V AC, internal use RS importing adapter for power.

Design details:

1 , carry out electricity as the mother of the acoustic design concept, pay attention to the power supply circuit design, high-performance, low noise and fast response of the LDO as the main power source. The entire board using multipleindependent path LDO power supply, wherein the clock even partially adopted ADI 's ultra low noise LDO , in order to ensure the ultimate output performance laid a solid foundation.

2 , the PCB motherboard with 4 -layer circuit board design, ensure that you have full power and ground plane layer, using the method of high-speed digital design, signal integrity and power integrity of the entire board. The clock signal for special treatment, using package design and precise impedance control, thereby ensuring the signal quality and increase the clock anti-jamming capability. Input and output signals follow a standard design, especially USB high speed signals using a 90 ohm differential impedance control.

System Compatibility:

1, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8; 32/64 bit, you need to install special drivers

2, Native MacOS 10.6 and later, using the system comes with drivers

3, Native Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel, using the system comes with drivers

4, Android OS 4.2 and above, the need to support OTG function.

I2S interface with HDMI output socket:

1. The level of 3.3V for the LVDS differential signals;

2. The output signal is muted, DSD ON signal, 5V power supply (low current);

3. The output signal mute, DSD ON signal can be modified according to customer needs, internal CPLD can define different output pins; the two signals can be output to any socket PIN13,14,15,16 pins.

TB2nRxKmXXXXXXGXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!156213177.png

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #17 of 3,865
  How could we know if there even is NO info available right now? If they have some sort of connection scheme to share with us,
yes, then we could tell you if it's compatible with M7.

Maybe you could opt asking Kingwa to contact Singxer and confirm it is compatible.

广州声仕电子有限公司
·地址:广州市番禺区新造镇北约村新北工业园F区
·电话:156-2212-8276
·联系人:陈先生
·邮箱:leter@singxer.com

I found this on the Taobao SU-1 page:

Code:
[color=rgb(33,33,33)][left] I2S interface with HDMI output socket : 1. The level of 3.3V for the LVDS differential signals ; 2. The output signal is muted , DSD ON signal , 5V power supply ( low current ) ; 3. The output signal mute , DSD ON signal can be modified according to customer needs , internal CPLD can define different output pins ; the two signals can be output to any socket PIN13,14,15,16 pins. [/left][/color]

https://world.taobao.com/item/528898172401.htm?pid=mm_1100641_2323434_884563&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.YPsJIb&unid=7912d9f371dbafe91fd233e77ae872b4#detail

Posted from Alex's thread:

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #19 of 3,865
  i will try to sent kingwa this picture
but which one is the hdmi i2s diagram , you post two diagram
the first one or the below

The first one is directly from the SU-1 Taobao ad (as is the verbiage quote) - the second was one that someone knowledgeable posted on another thread.  So I would send the verbiage and first chart.

Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Cheers!

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 3,865
thanks, i am sure this will be the next big thing of usb evolution hahahah
maybe soon gustard and melodius will release a new device based on this x-core 1000 mips.
then we will be very happy all!

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #21 of 3,865
  thanks, i am sure this will be the next big thing of usb evolution hahahah
maybe soon gustard and melodius will release a new device based on this x-core 1000 mips.
then we will be very happy all!

Well only the listening will tell - I trust my ears more then technology specs or test bench measures. 

That said - remember in addition to the higher processing power of the XU208 it has other new features as compared to the U8.  Also the SU-1 and F-1 have vastly better audio clocks then the Gustard or Melodious or Breeze.

The Crystek CCHD-575 clocks have orders of maginitude lower phase noise then the generic TXCO JYEC OEM clocks:

For example at 1kHz:

OEM TXCO -120dB
CCHD-575  -150dB

Each -6dB is roughly a halving in noise!  -30dB is .00005% as much.

On top of that the F-1 and SU-1 have dual ultra low noise regulation - with the ADI LDOs (the Breeze has an excellent dual stage regulation).
AND this CPLD Xilinx USB full ground isolation - some thing unique.

All this make these quite exciting...

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #22 of 3,865
Well look what arrived today!

So far the sound is stunning!  Cold out of the box better then the PUC2 Lite (my previous #1) - at least for the F-1.  The X-1 is excellent as well - just a notch less detail, but warm with a rich natural tone - but at least as good as the DXIO Pro3a.  They both need 100hrs run time for the clocks and caps to settle in.  Listening right now man these are good...

I'm making a case for them tonight.

More to report soon!

Cheers!

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #23 of 3,865
So it looks like the SU-1 is only 220v?

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 3,865
So it looks like the SU-1 is only 220v?

If someone speaks Chinese maybe they could ask.

I thought of getting one, but I'm good with SPDIF, so would rather put the money into better linear power supplies and gizmos.

Tonight I ordered another X-1, F-1, and a Q1-S. I plan on replacing the spdif rca with a WBT Nexgen Au, that helped the Breeze.

These things are just killer great! I sitting here just blown away at the SQ. I mean cavernous sound stage depth, amazing clarity and focus. Another 1/2 octave of bass depth, excellent definition. Tone naturally rich. The little bells on Ricky Lee Jones 'Gravity' just hanging in space, so realistic.

Man oh man - pay dirt!

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #25 of 3,865
i have asked kingwa about this su-1
kingwa said this device is not compactible with the hdmi i2s input from master 7 or nos 7
he asked me to ask the seller if he  can change the CPLD to working with the Master 7 or NOS7.
i also sent email to su-1 seller but not yet get any reply

@rb 2013
plz take some photo of your finished f-1, i want to see your finished product with any mod you use

so is the f1 the best ddc you have heard now?

how you connecting the f-1
is is just from pc usb out to f-1 then coax out to your dac?

also which driver you used for the f1

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #26 of 3,865
If someone speaks Chinese maybe they could ask.

I thought of getting one, but I'm good with SPDIF, so would rather put the money into better linear power supplies and gizmos.

Tonight I ordered another X-1, F-1, and a Q1-S. I plan on replacing the spdif rca with a WBT Nexgen Au, that helped the Breeze.

These things are just killer great! I sitting here just blown away at the SQ. I mean cavernous sound stage depth, amazing clarity and focus. Another 1/2 octave of bass depth, excellent definition. Tone naturally rich. The little bells on Ricky Lee Jones 'Gravity' just hanging in space, so realistic.

Man oh man - pay dirt!

comparing X-1 to DXIA, both out of the box, which one more transparent and neutral ? by a discerning  difference or minor ? 

what do you think of using intona instead of this ?

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #27 of 3,865
i have asked kingwa about this su-1
kingwa said this device is not compactible with the hdmi i2s input from master 7 or nos 7
he asked me to ask the seller if he  can change the CPLD to working with the Master 7 or NOS7.
i also sent email to su-1 seller but not yet get any reply

@rb 2013
plz take some photo of your finished f-1, i want to see your finished product with any mod you use

so is the f1 the best ddc you have heard now?

how you connecting the f-1
is is just from pc usb out to f-1 then coax out to your dac?

also which driver you used for the f1
Thanks for the update, I think a cable can be made to work.

Yes by a long shot the best yet. PUC2 going up for sale tomorrow. My DXIO I'll sell as well, it's acting a little weird lately, I think that power switch is going bad.
I
I used the case from a defunct Melodious MXU8, worked great, I'll post tomorrow.

The F-1 is Coax RCA out to my APL DAC. Audio Sensibility Statement 1.5M digital cable.

The driver supplied works for both the F-1 and X-1, so swapping is super easy. It's labeled Singxer USB 3.20.

The JB modded VBUS blocker would not work, so I removed. Using an unmodded JB on an open port. Otherwise, exact same setup as the PUC2 lite.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #28 of 3,865
comparing X-1 to DXIA, both out of the box, which one more transparent and neutral ? by a discerning  difference or minor ? 

what do you think of using intona instead of this ?
The X-1 is just a tad less detailed, but I would need more time to listen. Now I've been running the F-1 all night, going through my favorite tracks - crushes the DXIA Pro3a, I mean the difference is not minor. I would rate the F-1 145-150 on my ratings, and it should get better. The biggest SQ improvements Bass!!!! Sound staging!!! More detail then the Pro3a, and that says a lot, greater clarity and incredible transparency.

Once I sell my PUC2 llite, will get a Wryed for Sound Recovery. Intona not on my list right now. But I hear Uptone has a Regen with galvanic isolation in the works...that would be interesting.

The iFi iPurifer2 is sounding excellent between the Regen and F-1, contrary to Uptone's recommendation.

We live in exciting audio times!

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #29 of 3,865
the seller claims this is totally isolated. looking at the way the board divides into half, it seems true. quite similar to the Tanly and berkely that uses split board. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #30 of 3,865
  the seller claims this is totally isolated. looking at the way the board divides into half, it seems true. quite similar to the Tanly and berkely that uses split board. 

Yes - I was thinking the same - does the Xilinx chip do this  - like the Spartan on the Tanly.  One a CPLD and the other a FPGA.

Here are some close ups of the F-1.

Already thinking of some mods - like replacing those 35V 100uF caps with Os-cons.  Definitely replacing the SPDIF coax RCA with a WBT NexGen Au wired with Mundorf solid silver/Teflon.

Trying to idenifiy the ADI LDO's:

Edit:  Looks like they use a NDK SD for USB clocking - of course Crystek CCHD-575 for audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back