1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by rb2013, Mar 27, 2016.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. rb2013 Contributor
    More on the SU-1:
    TB2rcXflVXXXXaLXXXXXXXXXXXX_156213177.jpg

TB2ZIUSlFXXXXaGXpXXXXXXXXXX_156213177.jpg

Faber65 likes this.
  2. rb2013 Contributor
    I found this on the Taobao SU-1 page:
    TB2nRxKmXXXXXXGXpXXXXXXXXXX_156213177.png
    https://world.taobao.com/item/528898172401.htm?pid=mm_1100641_2323434_884563&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.YPsJIb&unid=7912d9f371dbafe91fd233e77ae872b4#detail

Posted from Alex's thread:
    LL.jpg

3. hugoboss
    i will try to sent kingwa this picture
    but which one is the hdmi i2s diagram , you post two diagram
    the first one or the below

4. rb2013 Contributor

The first one is directly from the SU-1 Taobao ad (as is the verbiage quote) - the second was one that someone knowledgeable posted on another thread.  So I would send the verbiage and first chart.

Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Cheers!

5. hugoboss
    thanks, i am sure this will be the next big thing of usb evolution hahahah
    maybe soon gustard and melodius will release a new device based on this x-core 1000 mips.
    then we will be very happy all!

6. rb2013 Contributor

Well only the listening will tell - I trust my ears more then technology specs or test bench measures. 

That said - remember in addition to the higher processing power of the XU208 it has other new features as compared to the U8.  Also the SU-1 and F-1 have vastly better audio clocks then the Gustard or Melodious or Breeze.

The Crystek CCHD-575 clocks have orders of maginitude lower phase noise then the generic TXCO JYEC OEM clocks:

For example at 1kHz:

OEM TXCO -120dB
    CCHD-575  -150dB

Each -6dB is roughly a halving in noise!  -30dB is .00005% as much.

On top of that the F-1 and SU-1 have dual ultra low noise regulation - with the ADI LDOs (the Breeze has an excellent dual stage regulation).
    AND this CPLD Xilinx USB full ground isolation - some thing unique.

All this make these quite exciting...

7. rb2013 Contributor
    Well look what arrived today!

IMG_9183.jpg

So far the sound is stunning!  Cold out of the box better then the PUC2 Lite (my previous #1) - at least for the F-1.  The X-1 is excellent as well - just a notch less detail, but warm with a rich natural tone - but at least as good as the DXIO Pro3a.  They both need 100hrs run time for the clocks and caps to settle in.  Listening right now man these are good...

I'm making a case for them tonight.

More to report soon!

Cheers!

8. Maxx134
    So it looks like the SU-1 is only 220v?

9. rb2013 Contributor

If someone speaks Chinese maybe they could ask.

I thought of getting one, but I'm good with SPDIF, so would rather put the money into better linear power supplies and gizmos.

Tonight I ordered another X-1, F-1, and a Q1-S. I plan on replacing the spdif rca with a WBT Nexgen Au, that helped the Breeze.

These things are just killer great! I sitting here just blown away at the SQ. I mean cavernous sound stage depth, amazing clarity and focus. Another 1/2 octave of bass depth, excellent definition. Tone naturally rich. The little bells on Ricky Lee Jones 'Gravity' just hanging in space, so realistic.

Man oh man - pay dirt!

10. hugoboss
    i have asked kingwa about this su-1
    kingwa said this device is not compactible with the hdmi i2s input from master 7 or nos 7
    he asked me to ask the seller if he  can change the CPLD to working with the Master 7 or NOS7.
    i also sent email to su-1 seller but not yet get any reply

@rb 2013
    plz take some photo of your finished f-1, i want to see your finished product with any mod you use

so is the f1 the best ddc you have heard now?

how you connecting the f-1
    is is just from pc usb out to f-1 then coax out to your dac?

also which driver you used for the f1

11. ccschua

comparing X-1 to DXIA, both out of the box, which one more transparent and neutral ? by a discerning  difference or minor ? 

what do you think of using intona instead of this ?

12. rb2013 Contributor
    Thanks for the update, I think a cable can be made to work.

Yes by a long shot the best yet. PUC2 going up for sale tomorrow. My DXIO I'll sell as well, it's acting a little weird lately, I think that power switch is going bad.
    I
    I used the case from a defunct Melodious MXU8, worked great, I'll post tomorrow.

The F-1 is Coax RCA out to my APL DAC. Audio Sensibility Statement 1.5M digital cable.

The driver supplied works for both the F-1 and X-1, so swapping is super easy. It's labeled Singxer USB 3.20.

The JB modded VBUS blocker would not work, so I removed. Using an unmodded JB on an open port. Otherwise, exact same setup as the PUC2 lite.

13. rb2013 Contributor
    The X-1 is just a tad less detailed, but I would need more time to listen. Now I've been running the F-1 all night, going through my favorite tracks - crushes the DXIA Pro3a, I mean the difference is not minor. I would rate the F-1 145-150 on my ratings, and it should get better. The biggest SQ improvements Bass!!!! Sound staging!!! More detail then the Pro3a, and that says a lot, greater clarity and incredible transparency.

Once I sell my PUC2 llite, will get a Wryed for Sound Recovery. Intona not on my list right now. But I hear Uptone has a Regen with galvanic isolation in the works...that would be interesting.

The iFi iPurifer2 is sounding excellent between the Regen and F-1, contrary to Uptone's recommendation.

We live in exciting audio times!

14. ccschua
    the seller claims this is totally isolated. looking at the way the board divides into half, it seems true. quite similar to the Tanly and berkely that uses split board. 

15. rb2013 Contributor

Yes - I was thinking the same - does the Xilinx chip do this  - like the Spartan on the Tanly.  One a CPLD and the other a FPGA.

Here are some close ups of the F-1.

Already thinking of some mods - like replacing those 35V 100uF caps with Os-cons.  Definitely replacing the SPDIF coax RCA with a WBT NexGen Au wired with Mundorf solid silver/Teflon.

Trying to idenifiy the ADI LDO's:

F-1-1.jpg
    F-1-B.jpg
    F-1-C.jpg
    F-1-D.jpg
    F-1-Djpg.jpg

Edit:  Looks like they use a NDK SD for USB clocking - of course Crystek CCHD-575 for audio.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last