XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #181 of 3,865
Right. the ebay seller wsz0304 is the shenzhenaudio.com. He has an audio store in Shenzhen China, thus if you call, sometime it would be a lady speaking on the phone. I talked to him when I tried to figure out the compatibility issue for my Melodious MX-U8 with Linux. He is an accountable businessman and also an audiophile.

The Melodious MX-U8 works nicely with foobar in Windows 7. But I have an eco-system for streaming music based on Linux boxes - Cubietrucks, raspberry Pi+wolfson DAC, etc. I use linear PS for these small board.

Now I am selling my barely used Melodious MX-U8 ultimate (v1.7 with the new enclosure). Any member interested in it, please PM me. I haven't put anything up for sale on Head-Fi before. If it is not allowed to post sale here, I will remove the post. Thanks!

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #185 of 3,865

From the reviews, seems like an imaging/tonality monster.... please post your impressions after you have some time with it.. Thanks...

+1

Back in 2007 I started to buy from WSZ0304 which is hosted by Wang shuzeng. He's a very trustful seller and communicates in a proper, timely, manner.
Bought 15 dac's and about 20 pcb's from him and some other stuff (230V Mains connectors) which he went shopping for me in China hahaha

+1  Although my Melodious MX-U8 (actually 2 of 3) had major issues.  Constant unlocking, ticks, pops, static, I could not return them due to the 7 day return policy (which was after they had arrived).  This was done directly - not through Ebay.  Better to have the Buyer Protection of Ebay.  That's where my make shift case came from - a defunct Melodious.

I've order an F-1 and got the following message 

"sorry to tell you that,the factory told me that this unit is hot these days,
so they are producing now,it will be available on 15th this week,it means that i will send this unit to you next week"

I want to make a hdmi cable to take i2s from the F-1 to a Gustard X12, do you think that will be possible ?

Looked at the I2s connection diagrams for the F-1 and the X12 and was a bit confused as they didn't seem to match up.

A custom cable can be made to align the pins configurations.

I ordered a F-1 yesterday, and got the same message. The new batch is available in a week. I just cross my fingers wish it would compatible to my Linux systems.

From the F-1 Ebay ad:
System Compatibility:
1, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8; 32/64 bit, you need to install special drivers
2, Native MacOS 10.6 and later, using the system comes with drivers
3, Native Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel, using the system comes with drivers
4, Android OS 4.2 and above, the need to support OTG function.

MiY F1 has arrived at freeshoppingchina but they don´t conduct parcels during weekends.
Guess they send it next week.

Nice!

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #186 of 3,865
Mine are in at FreeshoppingChina.com - so should be shipped next week.

New ad on Ebay - already 67 views:

F-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 upgraded version

tnj4p1myre1mpff12w4j1llndmc.png
67 viewed per day

Seller information

wsz0304 (6602 )
99.3% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

Visit store:

shenzhenAudioStore

See other items

Item condition:​
New

Quantity:​

More than 10 available / 2 sold

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #187 of 3,865
Thanks rb2013. I value your rating for those converters, that is why I bought a F-1, ha ha.

I talked to the designer, Mr. Chen at singxer.com, today. He said that the firmware is written by himself/his team. He mentioned that the official (default) XMOS firmware had limited performances and was a little buggy. The firmware of his F-1 is able to upgrade in the future via a program with a USB cable. The xilinx CPLD chip for isolation is programmed, but there is no option to upgrade that chip.

I do hope the compatibility statement on their website is true.

Before I purchased the Melodious MX-U8, I also contacted the designer. He told me that it will be compatible with Linux, but he was a little hesitated when he said so. He said that it should, but most his customers in China were using Windows. Once I got it, I have tried several Linux systems, Intel core based laptops, ARM based single board computer. none was compatible. It was not click sounds or drop music. It seems halted right during the booting of Linux - the DSD light lighted up, even I unplug the USB cable. I have the MX-U8 newest version 1.7. It is pitiful because it sounded very good with Windows.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #188 of 3,865
  Mine are in at FreeshoppingChina.com - so should be shipped next week.

New ad on Ebay - already 67 views:

F-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 upgraded version

tnj4p1myre1mpff12w4j1llndmc.png
67 viewed per day

Seller information

wsz0304 (6602 )
99.3% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

Visit store:

shenzhenAudioStore

See other items

Item condition:​
New

Quantity:​

More than 10 available / 2 sold

Lol!  I was one of them.  I'm itching to pull the trigger.

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #189 of 3,865
  Thanks rb2013. I value your rating for those converters, that is why I bought a F-1, ha ha.

I talked to the designer, Mr. Chen at singxer.com, today. He said that the firmware is written by himself/his team. He mentioned that the official (default) XMOS firmware had limited performances and was a little buggy. The firmware of his F-1 is able to upgrade in the future via a program with a USB cable. The xilinx CPLD chip for isolation is programmed, but there is no option to upgrade that chip.

I do hope the compatibility statement on their website is true.

Before I purchased the Melodious MX-U8, I also contacted the designer. He told me that it will be compatible with Linux, but he was a little hesitated when he said so. He said that it should, but most his customers in China were using Windows. Once I got it, I have tried several Linux systems, Intel core based laptops, ARM based single board computer. none was compatible. It was not click sounds or drop music. It seems halted right during the booting of Linux - the DSD light lighted up, even I unplug the USB cable. I have the MX-U8 newest version 1.7. It is pitiful because it sounded very good with Windows.

Good to hear - yes why i'm staying with WIN10 and SPDIF.  Good luck!

Lol!  I was one of them.  I'm itching to pull the trigger.

Nice!

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #190 of 3,865
  I've order an F-1 and got the following message 

"sorry to tell you that,the factory told me that this unit is hot these days,
so they are producing now,it will be available on 15th this week,it means that i will send this unit to you next week"

I want to make a hdmi cable to take i2s from the F-1 to a Gustard X12, do you think that will be possible ?

Looked at the I2s connection diagrams for the F-1 and the X12 and was a bit confused as they didn't seem to match up.

I didn't know Gordon would check this thread out here, just a plug for his fantastic MQn as follows

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.com
http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2418
http://www.head-fi.org/t/657920/mqn-minimalist-wasapi-wav-c-memory-player-integrated-with-foobar2000

MQn minimalist PC music player - The king of sound quality
http://grizzlyaudio.blogspot.com/2015/08/mqn-minimalist-pc-music-player-king-of.html

MQn latest version
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3vvH5WBfg8PdlZmeDhNZ1Utbm8&usp=sharing

MQn setup
http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/2015/10/mqn-setup.html

Here's the I2S pin assignment of Gustard X12

https://item.taobao.com/item.html?id=18012850492

TB2Ay6TcXXXXXXCXXXXXXXXXXXX-125808208.jpg

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #191 of 3,865
@rb2013

there is a new f1 driver link for download in taobao seller page
https://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid=2571483956&uk=453716408

but it require password to download
can you ask the seller what is the password.

thanks

would need you to compare again this new driver performance

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #192 of 3,865
Apr 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #193 of 3,865
like you said the new xmos moving so fast . diynhk already released their own xmos xcore 200 chipset 16 cores but it's diy board

XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB

World's first Real 768k USB to I2S/DSD PCB for audiophile Diyer to enjoy!
dsd 1024 waow

The Xmos used in this pcb is XU216 2000MIPS and it contains two tile. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data with the DAC.
This PCB uses linear regulator and it do not have onchip/onboard DC-DC switching converter. It is power hungry(due to linear regulator) but it should favour many people who do not like to use DC-DC convertor.
The xmos in this PCB is clocked directly from 45.158Mhz and 49.152Mhz audio oscillator, the timing and jitter is at less two times better than PCB uses 22.5792MHz 24.576Mhz audio oscillator.

it claim double the f1 1000mips to 2000mips and using ndk crystal clock it cost us89.5

1) Newest XMOS XCORE-200 2000MIPS 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS in dual issue mode
2) 4 layer PCB, Solid ground plane (a must for high speed digital circuit)
3) NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator and Murata capacitor sourced from Japan directly (guarantee no fake product from China)
According to the official datasheet, the phase noise of NZ2520SD is much better than the famous crystek 957 under 25khz(human listenable range)
For easier comparsion(lower is better), we overlay the two phase noise graph at the same scale, under 25khz(human listenable range) nz2520sd(red line) is better, over 25khz(human unlistenable range) crystek 957 is better.
4) Dedicated I2C port for the OLED VU meter display to avoid using the same I2C port control the DAC/ADC chip(if needed) which can causes interference to the DAC/ADC chip (common fault in most design on the market)
5) OLED display is the latest technology with highest contrast, complete dark background, full viewing angle and it looks much better than the commonly used LCD display.
6) Full copper one piece housing, gold plated(not cheaper gold flash) high quality Molex USB connector.
7) Compact size 50mm x 50mm
8) PCB is powered by external 3.3V(800mA max. 400mA typ.) regulated supply, it is usually connected to the same 3.3v digital power DAC is using(warning: over-voltage or reverse-voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately, double check before power on)

damn to fast now. can you imagine 16core only for usb
also it claims ndk is more better than crystek

i hope u got your damaged dxiopro board replaced with this thing!
if you see cleary seems like diynhk want to beat the singxer face to face . with its spec claim. (double the xmos xcore 208)

now we just wait if diynhk will released a finished product like dxiopro 4a to compete with f1, or maybe even su-1
gonna be interesting!

now melodius, breeze, gustard where is your xmos 200 product . it's hot now!
we can said now 2016 is the year of USB AUDIOPHILE EVOLUTION

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #194 of 3,865
  like you said the new xmos moving so fast . diynhk already released their own xmos xcore 200 chipset 16 cores but it's diy board

XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB

World's first Real 768k USB to I2S/DSD PCB for audiophile Diyer to enjoy!
dsd 1024 waow

The Xmos used in this pcb is XU216 2000MIPS and it contains two tile. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data with the DAC.
This PCB uses linear regulator and it do not have onchip/onboard DC-DC switching converter. It is power hungry(due to linear regulator) but it should favour many people who do not like to use DC-DC convertor.
The xmos in this PCB is clocked directly from 45.158Mhz and 49.152Mhz audio oscillator, the timing and jitter is at less two times better than PCB uses 22.5792MHz 24.576Mhz audio oscillator.

it claim double the f1 1000mips to 2000mips and using ndk crystal clock it cost us89.5

1) Newest XMOS XCORE-200 2000MIPS 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS in dual issue mode
2) 4 layer PCB, Solid ground plane (a must for high speed digital circuit)
3) NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator and Murata capacitor sourced from Japan directly (guarantee no fake product from China)
According to the official datasheet, the phase noise of NZ2520SD is much better than the famous crystek 957 under 25khz(human listenable range)
For easier comparsion(lower is better), we overlay the two phase noise graph at the same scale, under 25khz(human listenable range) nz2520sd(red line) is better, over 25khz(human unlistenable range) crystek 957 is better.
4) Dedicated I2C port for the OLED VU meter display to avoid using the same I2C port control the DAC/ADC chip(if needed) which can causes interference to the DAC/ADC chip (common fault in most design on the market)
5) OLED display is the latest technology with highest contrast, complete dark background, full viewing angle and it looks much better than the commonly used LCD display.
6) Full copper one piece housing, gold plated(not cheaper gold flash) high quality Molex USB connector.
7) Compact size 50mm x 50mm
8) PCB is powered by external 3.3V(800mA max. 400mA typ.) regulated supply, it is usually connected to the same 3.3v digital power DAC is using(warning: over-voltage or reverse-voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately, double check before power on)

damn to fast now. can you imagine 16core only for usb
also it claims ndk is more better than crystek

i hope u got your damaged dxiopro board replaced with this thing!
if you see cleary seems like diynhk want to beat the singxer face to face . with its spec claim. (double the xmos xcore 208)

now we just wait if diynhk will released a finished product like dxiopro 4a to compete with f1, or maybe even su-1
gonna be interesting!

now melodius, breeze, gustard where is your xmos 200 product . it's hot now!
we can said now 2016 is the year of USB AUDIOPHILE EVOLUTION

Wonder why they didn't use the XU232 with 32 cores 
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #195 of 3,865
yeah xmos 32 cores it think some people will buy it even it cost double the 16 core
after 32 core etc etc etc is there any excuse like "poor usb computer"
i think usb will beat i2s connection in the future
so lets just hope someday it happen. if usb can beat i2s (hdmi or rj45)
we dont have to buy any converter , any *** converter whatever lets hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back