xluben's Shure SE215 Photos and Review (vs. Shure e2c)
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xluben

500+ Head-Fier
After many years of owning the Shure e2c, I finally decided to get some new earphones.  I ended up getting a pair of Shure SE215's.  They were used (found on the forum), but in great shape and a great price.  They just arrived today.  For now here are the photos.  I will follow up with initial impressions soon, and then again later after I have even more time with them.

Shure SE215 Close Up 1

Shure e2c vs. Shure SE215 with Packaging and Accessories

Shure e2c with Packaging and Accessories

Shure SE215 with Packaging and Accessories

Shure e2c vs. Shure SE215 Close Up 1

Shure e2c vs. Shure SE215 Close Up 2

Shure e2c vs. Shure SE215 Close Up 3

Shure e2c Close Up 1

Shure e2c Close Up 2

Shure SE215 with Case 1

Shure SE215 with Case 2

Shure SE215 Close Up 2

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 3
2 years later, but I figured I would follow up on this.  I still have the Shure SE215's and I still use them regularly.  I'm very happy with them and they have yet to let me down.  I played around with the ear tips and eventually settled on the smallest size of the flex type ear tips.  Normally I end up using the medium size, but with these I found that the small ones brought out slightly better mids/highs and also allowed them to sit even further into my ear (and therefore more flush with my outer ear).

The form factor of these is great.  They sit really flush in the ear (for a universal fit earphone) and can easily be used under a hat or even laying down in bed.  I always keep them stored in the included case.  It's much easier to use than the older e2c case.  The e2c case was harder and may offer slightly more protection but was inconvenient so I never used it.  The SE215 soft case is very quick and easy to use and allows the memory wire to stay in the correct shape so I've never had to rebend it after my first use.

The sound quality is as good or better than the e2c's that they replaced.  I find them to be much more clear overall.  The e2c's are somewhat muffled in the mid/high range normally, but I had removed the tip of the earphone and the highs were stronger, but sometimes harsh.  The SE215 don't have harsh highs (which I greatly dislike) so they are easy for me to listen to long term.  They do have a very strong low end - plenty of base (which I like, but may not be everyone's preference).  They live up to their reputation of having a "fun" sound.

Occasionally I've been tempted to try something else, but when I look into it, I don't see anything else in the price range that I think would do better.  The sound signature and fit are great and the durability seems to be the best of the earbuds currently available.  I'm very happy with them and I plan on keeping them for a long time to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back