XIN SUPER MICRO AMP (prototype) arrives...
Sep 24, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by bobjew
Try the Powerex AAA's from Thomas Distributing; considered by most to be among the best

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2003 at 9:00 PM Post #17 of 27
*looks around for Highwayman*

Nope sorry no highwayman round these parts, you might wanna talk to HighwayStar about that though.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #18 of 27
I had some bad experiences with aaa powerex batteries. They seem to drain way too quickly even when not in use. Current flow seems to be unstable or too low. For example, 3 of those can't power a supermini properly, the highs will crack up. And it could not power my Franklin pda stablely, making it prone to sudden blackouts. I switched to alkaline rechargables. But since powerex batteries seem to have won lots of awards, maybe I just got crappy ones.

Sep 26, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 27
I'm not a technical guy, but I've had a dozen or so of these powering different things for a year or so and no problems that I'm aware of. NiMHs are known not to have much shelf life after a recharge. I have always been able to power a SuperMini 6 up to about 40 hrs at over half full volume. They last for several weeks in various remotes. I like the environmentally kind aspects of rechargables.

Sep 26, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #20 of 27
I've been using the Powerex aaa's for a while too. While they don't last as long as alkalines, they certainly last long enough. And now they have high capacity ones that may last longer. As bobjew pointed out, they do not have a long shelf life. Also, they need to go through a few charging cycles to reach their full potential. The first few times you use them you may find that they don't last long at all, but that should improve after five or six uses. They also perform better if they are fully discharged before recharging. Of course, you probably know all this already, but just in case
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #21 of 27
I've used them for at least 10 recharges, and they are supposed to have no memory effect. Maybe I'll give it another shot, since you guys say it works with the super mini. I'm in need of new batteries soon.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 27
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I paid for a Super Micro last June and patiently waited until a few weeks ago, when I stared writing, calling & faxing to inquire as to my order status and I haven't gotten a peep of a response. Maybe I'm asleep and this is all a dream???????

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #23 of 27

Quote:
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I paid for a Super Micro last June and patiently waited until a few weeks ago, when I stared writing, calling & faxing to inquire as to my order status and I haven't gotten a peep of a response. Maybe I'm asleep and this is all a dream???????

...wow you should've done some searching

for all intents and purpose i wouldn't ever consider XIN products anymore due to the fact that nothing ever seems to get produced from him. you're one of many others who have dealt with the same situation. if you paid with paypal, open a dispute and get your refund. The fact that his name pops up every so often and that his online shops are still open is a definite trap for those unaware

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #25 of 27

Quote:

more like a nightmare. But it is all true and you won't see your amp.

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #26 of 27
I waited beyond PayPal's 45 day limit for grievances, so I'm out of luck there. What's beyond me is how they can be cheating/scamming people left & right and at the same time give new products out (to shills?) to be promoted publicly. Is it just me, or isn't this outrageous?

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
I waited beyond PayPal's 45 day limit for grievances, so I'm out of luck there. What's beyond me is how they can be cheating/scamming people left & right and at the same time give new products out (to shills?) to be promoted publicly. Is it just me, or isn't this outrageous?

If you will notice, that prototype amp which the OP mentions in his post was received in September of 2003!   This is a *very* old thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back