Xin Channel IV amp appreciation thread
Oct 30, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Improvement in SQ after bypassing the diode and FET is definite. I wonder whether Dr.XIn will include as an upgrade though, as it will invariably lead to more returns of fried amps!

interesting! what kind of improvements do you hear? and also, thansk for keeping us posted, kaushama!

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #62 of 67
Can someone take a picture of this "simple" mod and post it here? Please share with rest of non-EE Xin fans
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Improvement in SQ after bypassing the diode and FET is definite. I wonder whether Dr.XIn will include as an upgrade though, as it will invariably lead to more returns of fried amps!

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #63 of 67
Aluren! Here I quote the GOTO's comments on the mod,

Quote:

I have been using Macro IV after work today and music was on and on and I just couldn't stop - Macro finally gives me the refinement and engagement of music as does my SM3 pre-power combo. Then the batteries run out and I switched to Micro IV. Yes, baby, this thing's so special that nothing in my amps collection could replace its position, especially after bypassing its B2 diode. It's all about music, like a very fine tube amp. So far, I haven't given any serious impression on Micro. But it's time since its sound is so charming and I am not sure if Xin has got a chance to listen to Micro without the B2 diode. Overall, the Macro IV now has sharper image and is more detailed than Micro and its impact is more powerful. Their soundstages are slightly different. Macro's wider and slightly closer. Micro's soundstage is deeper yet not as wide, but insturment seperation of both is excellent.

Dr.XIN is again into development mode. Hope he will come out with another major step up in the performance!

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #64 of 67
yeah seems like xin is in development mode again because i sent him some opamps to tweak and he hasn't responded in a week. no big deal though. hopefully the things he's doing will improve the macro's sound alot more.

Nov 1, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #66 of 67
I guess I will have to send it again for upgrade when he comes out!
frown.gif
This time from UK!

Nov 1, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #67 of 67
I hope the reason he is holding mine(e-mail for ship notify was 28th but not mailed yet
frown.gif
.) is because he is planning to do the power supply mod on all of the shipping amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back