Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #871 of 992
Guys, do the Piston 3 Basic Edition's have the same sound as the original Piston 3's?

I spent time with the Youth Edition. I own two pairs of Piston 3s. Youth sounds more thin and does not have the bass of the 3s. I like the cable of the threes better too.

The Youth also does not have near the packaging included.

Edit:

http://m.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_182191.html

http://m.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_345691.html

Just noticed that the Youth and The Basic Editions are both very different things. I have only heard the Youth and Piston 3. Still I would advise anyone just to step up to the Piston 3 as the cables are so much better. As long as they fit they should be better for most. Every headphone is different as far as fitting goes. The fit is really what creates both the sound quality and comfert in the end.

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #875 of 992
Interestingly I have just come across two different fake pairs of Piston 2s. They do have the small burnished lines scored across the aluminum parts but larger and farther apart. One pair had fake plastic chrome nozzle parts which would even fair as bad as a small chrome part in a model car kit.

Interestingly it would maybe be the control which would show if your Piston 3 was fake. It's hard for the fake manufactures to get the buttons to be as detailed and flush as originals!

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #876 of 992
These are the photographs I used to prove my Pistons were real. My piston 3s had a slightly different box back and did not have the small sticker tag at the plug.

Any fake products seemed to have exactly the same box and packaging. The heavy cord holder seems to be an easy thing for counterfeiters to make?

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #877 of 992

My Piston 3s.

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #880 of 992
how is the isolation/sound leak on the pianos? also, do they need an amp or are they easy to drive? i'm going to be travelling soon and these sound pretty interesting

That's digging back a little now! Whilst I still rate the pianos, I've gone on a bit of an insane buying spree of chinese iems since then and barely listen to the pianos these days.

Isolation is good and there is no leakage as far as i remember.

The tennmak pros offer better isolation and i prefer their more balanced sound as the pianos are v shaped.

The pros are also miles more comfortable IMO.

If like decent lows and highs though inwould get the **** 4in1. Really hyped on here but lives up to the hype IMO and a massive step up from xiaomi hybrid.

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #881 of 992
That's digging back a little now! Whilst I still rate the pianos, I've gone on a bit of an insane buying spree of chinese iems since then and barely listen to the pianos these days.

Isolation is good and there is no leakage as far as i remember.

The tennmak pros offer better isolation and i prefer their more balanced sound as the pianos are v shaped.

The pros are also miles more comfortable IMO.

If like decent lows and highs though inwould get the **** 4in1. Really hyped on here but lives up to the hype IMO and a massive step up from xiaomi hybrid.

Thanks. I'm looking for a v shape since i already have a neutral m40x, so the piano sounds pretty good. Is their anything in the price range you would say is a better buy? I'll definatley look into the **** 4in1

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #882 of 992
Anyone using these with the great HTC 10, which has a great DAC and sound quality?

Cheers

I have the Piston 2s and have been using them with the HTC 10. Honestly, I can't tell much difference in sound quality after switching from HTC M8 to HTC 10; however, I notice a HUGE difference when using my Philips X2s. The extra juice in the 10s really helps power the bigger cans - but I didn't notice as much of a difference with these lil IEMs.

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #883 of 992
I have the Piston 2s and have been using them with the HTC 10. Honestly, I can't tell much difference in sound quality after switching from HTC M8 to HTC 10; however, I notice a HUGE difference when using my Philips X2s. The extra juice in the 10s really helps power the bigger cans - but I didn't notice as much of a difference with these lil IEMs.
Thanks. Those are big over the ear headphones. Are there any in ear headphones that you know of that are worth buying for less than say 80 bucks and sound much better than the Xiaomi Piston 3?

Cheers

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #884 of 992
I have bought a Mi earphone and I don't know the model until I googled it . It's the basic edition and I am quite impressed with the sound for S$12, it has much better treble presentation and much detail compared to KZ ZST or ED12. It sounds more airy too and it doesn't sound congested. I find the bass to be punchier and engaging than those KZs mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back