Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #859 of 992
Is the sound signature of the pianos more like the 3's or the Hybrids?

More like the hybrids. They are slightly v shaped but have brilliant treble and sub bass and the clarity is superb. Their value for money is astounding IMO with tips case and detatchable cable.

I have over 15 pairs of headphones and the pianos are the ones i keep listening to.

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #861 of 992
So where is an actual legit place to buy xiaomi piston II or III. I bought from gearbest hybrid dual drivers mi IV but have no clue how they will sound and just to tide me over if my current ones go bad when im at the gym.

Can someone point me in the direction of where to get the real pistons? Sadly geekbuying is out of them

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #863 of 992
This whole real or not real is such a crazy thing. I'm out and about and find some weird Piston 3s which are in a regular Piston 3 box. They are not the same shape nor have regular cables but flat cables. Haha, but turns out they must have been Starter Editions which they wanted $30 for?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-piston-colorful-starter-edition/reviews/16495

As far as I know the "Starters" don't ever come in a plastic box?

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #864 of 992
There are Starters (which i bought for 4 bucks on sale on Gearbest, they listenable but not good, really) and Basics. Xiaomi is productive in making average quality headphones. Basics look same as Piston 3. Here they are. Wanna order it, but i'm not so rich (haha, yes, 6 bucks is money in my country), so i'm in decisions. After Strarters can't expect very nice sound quality (bang for the buck), but they are definitely better then Starters.

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #865 of 992
There are Starters (which i bought for 4 bucks on sale on Gearbest, they listenable but not good, really) and Basics. Xiaomi is productive in making average quality headphones. Basics look same as Piston 3. Here they are. Wanna order it, but i'm not so rich (haha, yes, 6 bucks is money in my country), so i'm in decisions. After Strarters can't expect very nice sound quality (bang for the buck), but they are definitely better then Starters.

I'm a big fan of the original Piston 3 cable system. I don't know about the quality of the starter edition flat cable. The Piston 3 is the only IEM I regularly walk around with in a pocket.

Jul 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #867 of 992
The build quality of Starters and cable is awesome for the price, but not best. Wires confusing every time i pull it from my pocket.

The Kevlar strands are then placed near the enameled copper on the Piston 3. And they are both strong and durable. Easy to use too. What can I say I'm in love with how they work. Even the plug is first rate. Not to mention names but this emotion comes after buying a bunch of expensive bad build IEMs that broke if you looked at them wrong. Lol

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #870 of 992
Guys, do the Piston 3 Basic Edition's have the same sound as the original Piston 3's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back