Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #751 of 992
  do you recommend piston 3 or xiaomi hybrid? worth 5$ difference? if i will not get the hybrid i can purchase a KZ also, if anyone has a recommendation

I have both Piston 3 and Xiaomi Hybrid. I also have ton of KZ earphones. No need to think twice, just go for Xiaomi Hybrid, it's awesome!   If you're low on budget, go for KZ-ATE 

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #754 of 992
Hi I recently bought piston 3 from gearbest.com and I want to confirm if they are original or not.I already scanned the QR code which is attached to headphones and it shows xiaomis website.Does it mean that they are original or they still can be fake?Is there any other way of knowing it?

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #755 of 992
  Hi I recently bought piston 3 from gearbest.com and I want to confirm if they are original or not.I already scanned the QR code which is attached to headphones and it shows xiaomis website.Does it mean that they are original or they still can be fake?Is there any other way of knowing it?

Mine are from gearbest, and they're legit, also you can see if they're fake if the QR code has been scanned multiple times (up to several hundred times), the build quality would be awful, the "aluminum" on them would be darker, the kevlar cable would feel as if made from rough plastic, and they'd sound completely crappy. Also the carry case wouldn't be well made and soft to the touch...
There are other things too, but yeah, that's the most important ones :>

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #756 of 992
Yeah I guess.But thing is i bought them for 13 dollars thats less than xiaomi msrp of 16 dollars.I read somewhere that xiaomi never sell them for under msrp.Can they be fake because of this?

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #757 of 992
Yeah I guess.But thing is i bought them for 13 dollars thats less than xiaomi msrp of 16 dollars.I read somewhere that xiaomi never sell them for under msrp.Can they be fake because of this?

I paid about 12$ for mine as well, they get discounts when they only sell official products or something and/or get massive amounts of them for sale, as usual, so it's possible for the prices to be around 12-13$ and that they're still legit at certain sites, on gearbest you could use those points to discount 30% off of the earphones and end up paying 9$ for totally legit ones.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #759 of 992
I have the Piston 3 and got them from gearbeast.com and I'm sure they are real as the bass and quality has been amazing and no issues, but how do I tell if they are real? I have the a barcode on the wire but its in Chinese. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #764 of 992
Yes i know but there are couple of things which almost every one likes like wide sounstage,better detail and tight bass.Almost nobody like narrow soundstage,less detail and muddy bass.E10 is better in all these categories.

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #765 of 992
Yes i know but there are couple of things which almost every one likes like wide sounstage,better detail and tight bass.Almost nobody like narrow soundstage,less detail and muddy bass.E10 is better in all these categories.

I like precise soundstage. It shouldn't be too wide when artist record music in small room.  As for better detail, some people has old ears, they will have trouble with high frequency e.g. >= 16000hz. They need and IEM which is a bit too bright.  I prefer correctness of timbre. Some people may not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back