Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #721 of 992
  I got 4 of these over xmas not sure if they are Legit since the volume buttons don't work.
I tried them on a iPhone 6, Ipad Air gen 2 and MotoG gen 3.
I opened 2 of them and neither volume controls work on all 3 devices.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01823BC58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have a tag on the phones with a QR code and MI on the other side.

On the iOS devices that's normal, partially compatible with iOS devices (volume up/down functions not supported).
For other Android devices it can be that they don't work fully with some. Works on my ZUK Z1 not on my Honor 6+.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #722 of 992
  I got 4 of these over xmas not sure if they are Legit since the volume buttons don't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01823BC58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I second this. The Xiaomi earphones are primarily designed to work with Xiaomi phones; that being said, the centre (play/pause) button works with all modern smartphones as far as I'm aware. The volume buttons do not work with iOS phones at all (there's a reason why certain earphones have the "For iPhone/iPad/iPod" label), and they may or may not work on Android phones. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #723 of 992

I second this. The Xiaomi earphones are primarily designed to work with Xiaomi phones; that being said, the centre (play/pause) button works with all modern smartphones as far as I'm aware. The volume buttons do not work with iOS phones at all (there's a reason why certain earphones have the "For iPhone/iPad/iPod" label), and they may or may not work on Android phones. 

It works with my HTC phones, the volume button not so much but as a next/back button.

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #724 of 992

See where the QR code ends up when scanned.....if its directed to irrelevant site (e.g. wechat.com etc) you can be sure of,its a fake. Hope you have enough replies on the vol control related.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #727 of 992
If you opted for free shipping, the times vary greatly and they do give themselves a generous timeframe for delivery. My experience with all Chinese stores and free shipping (GearBest, BangGood, DealExtreme, AliExpress) averages to around one month. In particular, I ordered my first Piston 3 from GearBest on 17.11. (that's 11.17. for you Americans :p) it shipped out on 20.11. and was delivered to me on 16.12. I ordered the second one on the same day as you and it shipped immediately. I'm still waiting as well. :)

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #728 of 992
  How long did it take to get the pistons from Gearbest? I ordered mine on Dec 24th and still haven't recvied them. I'm in the states (NYC)

Most likely due to the fact they are not in stock. Chinese sellers rarely do keep much stock (those stock indications on their sites are a joke). They order them from suppliers once they get orders from customers. So sometimes it takes them days before they actually ship them out to the customers. (or longer if not in stock with suppliers).

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #732 of 992
It delivers to Italy? You suggest shipping from China, Hong Kong or Europe, there's a remarkable difference?
Thanks

There is definitelly a difference in speed, however I wasn't in a rush so I ordered from china (HK is out of stock anyways), EU costs 4$ more than the one in china which is 1/3 of the total china price, so I'd go with china again anyways. And it likely does deliver to italy, make sure to check it out right above the buy it now button!

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #734 of 992
Hi guys , got my xiaomi piston 3 from geekbuying few days ago and they make a constan buzzing sound in all the devices ive tried.
I asked them for a another or a refund.They only accept giving me 7 usd and 5  usd coupon in their website. Should  i accept it? . Should i keep triying more? . Should i accept it and buy a new ones in the same website?. Halp :D .

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #735 of 992
If the received product is defective, you should get a full refund, but you may be obliged to send the headphones back. I have no experience with Geekbuying, though.

Has anyone used Piston 3 with Xiaomi mobile phones? They have a sound profile for Piston 3, I wonder what it does? (I haven't been able to test it myself as I'm still waiting for my Xiaomi Note 2.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back