Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #691 of 992
There isn't a great deal one can do. If they look and sound right, they are legit. AFAIK, unlike some other Xiaomi products, their earphones do not come with a special verification code. Not optimal considering the amount of fakes, but I suppose you can trust your ears. :)

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #692 of 992
Not to be an ass but you paid about $10 too much for those. Since the Hybrids came out (and even before) they dropped to around $14 / $15 USD. 

I'll be the @$$ today....only paid 8 bucks for mine, shortly after release to boot. Two hour flash sale from a seller on AliExpress. Got a second pair of KZ ED9 for only 6 bucks from the same seller. Sometimes it pays to waste time snooping around on AliExpress. :3

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #695 of 992
  @Snuffelkees

Bummer, oh well.

Just hope Xiaomi hears all the feedbacks before they design the next Piston.

They did to a certain extent with the Hybrids. If you don't like the v3 you might give those a go.

(it's 1More that actually makes the Pistons for Xiaomi, Xiaomi just brands them, they also sell some other brands)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #696 of 992

They did to a certain extent with the Hybrids. If you don't like the v3 you might give those a go.

(it's 1More that actually makes the Pistons for Xiaomi, Xiaomi just brands them, they also sell some other brands)

The Xiaomi Hybrids is a no go.  I've heard that its sound is not well balanced.  Even before I've read the reviews, I've already guessed so.  The Dynamic driver + Balanced Arm in a small package is extremely difficult to design.  And all that for only $18 USD?  I don't think so.

Xiaomi should focus on doing one thing right first, before attempting to shoot for higher targets.

I'm waiting for their Piston 4.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #697 of 992
The Xiaomi Hybrids is a no go.  I've heard that its sound is not well balanced.  Even before I've read the reviews, I've already guessed so.  The Dynamic driver + Balanced Arm in a small package is extremely difficult to design.  And all that for only $18 USD?  I don't think so.

Xiaomi should focus on doing one thing right first, before attempting to shoot for higher targets.

I'm waiting for their Piston 4.

Well, The Xiaomi Hybrid wasn`t supposed to be balanced, I think.

It seems like they`re supposed to improve on the Piston 2's sound sig, which is V shaped, not balanced.

Dec 27, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #698 of 992
I bought these from GearBest on the 16th and just got them yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed with them. I've tried several of my dad's mid-range IEMs and these sound better than quite a few of them, especially for the price. He was impressed with them OOTB as well. They are quite bassy but I don't seem to notice any excessively recessed mids. Perhaps they'll burn in, perhaps not, but they sound great for me as is, especially for a beater pair.

Dec 27, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #699 of 992
There's a distinct lack of mids when you try any other IEM that isn't as warm, maybe you've got a loaded arsenal of warm sounding phones? It's been so long since I've ditched my P3's due to the lack of detail and mifs that I can't remember; I just remember how appalled I was once I found a decently neutral balanced iem.

Dec 27, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #700 of 992
Quite possibly, but then again I've been listening to them EQ'd for a while now and they sound nicely balanced with it. One of my points of reference is the old Monster Turbine, so take that for what it's worth. 
etysmile.gif
 Funny that you mention that these are warm, whereas I see most people commenting on how cool they are.

They'll be fine for my everyday use until I expand my collection, anyway. I don't mind a V-shaped sound.

Edit: I suppose I might add that I'm taking another look at them without any EQ, listening to a variety music for a more critical view.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #701 of 992
Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get Piston 3s quickly in the US without paying for the insane shipping costs from China?

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #702 of 992
Like I said, I got them from GearBest for $12.49 with $1.90 shipping and $1.35 insurance and they arrived in 10 days. Otherwise you'll likely have to gamble with fakes from Amazon or eBay sellers for nearly double the price.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #704 of 992
  Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get Piston 3s quickly in the US without paying for the insane shipping costs from China?

GearBest has been legit so far. Ordered four P3s in total from them. However for the 4th order, delivery took a month this time (Arrived last week) because they ship by China post (if you select free shipping). Maybe because it's Christmas season & all I guess.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #705 of 992
The P3 has been wonderful but I want to replace my P3 with something better sounding and similarly priced. When I read through the last few posts I see Rock Zircon and KZ ED4 come up. How does the sound quality, sound signature and build quality of either compare with each other? Or is there something better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back