Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #91 of 992
  Wait, you're telling me the Pistons 3.0 will be faked? Please tell me you're quoting the right person here. Of course I know they will be faked; I was there in the Pistons 2 thread, for crying out loud.

Well the assertion the other guy was making is that it's already being faked. Which I find implausible.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #93 of 992
So, people who have tested it, in what price range would you put the P3s sound quality?

Unless the sound improves dramatically with burn in it's in the "no buy" category to me. I have heard worse, but not a whole lot worse.

Apr 18, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #94 of 992

Well the assertion the other guy was making is that it's already being faked. Which I find implausible.

Never estimate the rate at which chinese people make knock offs....

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #97 of 992
DOA
got the pistons TODAY tested them only on my Samsung S5 Smartphone and the Left ear piece is defecty:

muddy and broken bass
no highs

Cable, casing everything is intact but the left piece so not sounding whats is suposed to sound like
the right ear piece works perfectly

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #98 of 992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grJyv3qzRmg

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #100 of 992
I should, hopefully, be getting mine soon. They passed customs on Friday but I can't get USPS tracking to work. Hopefully I get them tomorrow so I can use them all day Wednesday in classes.

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #102 of 992
  DOA
got the pistons TODAY tested them only on my Samsung S5 Smartphone and the Left ear piece is defecty:

muddy and broken bass
no highs

Cable, casing everything is intact but the left piece so not sounding whats is suposed to sound like
the right ear piece works perfectly

That sucks. Also disappointing that no warranty in the US and I think EU also. I had a pair of gold Piston 2.0 go bad after 6 months - and I think I was very careful not to strain the cable/connections.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #104 of 992
I just received the Piston 3s today and it seems like the bass is very flat, almost nonexistent... Hmm.. Maybe they need to be burned-in completely? Another way to describe it is that the soundstage seems very 'distant' versus the feeling with the Piston 2s which felt so 'in your face'.

I will say that the Piston 3s are far more comfortable than the Piston 2s ever were. Sometimes the Piston 2s would start hurting my ears after I wore them for a few hours, these new 3.0s are super comfy and I love the new design. It seems so much more futuristic (even though they ditched the Piston look somewhat).

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #105 of 992
Burned them in for an hour with pink noise then used them for a few hours. My impressions:

I don't own the Piston 2's so I can't directly compare, but these are NOT lacking in bass. This is coming from someone who listens almost exclusively to electronic music. The sub-bass is very strong and leaks into the less-powerful mid-bass, which is where I think people get the notion that the Piston 3's are more lacking compared to the Piston 2's because allegedly the roles are reversed there.

The mids are great, as expected. Female vocals sound amazing.

The highs seem to taper off, which is kind of disappointing and kind of kills the soundstage for these IEM's imo. That's a bit of an overstatement though, the highs aren't terrible, but these Pistons don't excel at them either.

For $22.50 imported to USA they are definitely worth their price tag and they are the best IEM's until the $70 range, in my opinion. Would recommend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back