Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #109 of 992
It annoys me when people jump in front of the computer writing impressions the minute they get their new headphones. Only write when they are properly burned and listen to them quite well and compare to others if necessary. Otherwise your post is useless and confusing for others to follow.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #110 of 992
It annoys me when people jump in front of the computer writing impressions the minute they get their new headphones. Only write when they are properly burned and listen to them quite well and compare to others if necessary. Otherwise your post is useless and confusing for others to follow.

I totally agree with you, and with that being said, I agree that the P3 is the better sounding phone that P2.

If I'm not mistaken, Joker from thl is in the process of reviewing the P3. Lets wait for his review

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #111 of 992
true it definitely takes a long usage to fully know well how good/bad the item is, especially with audio gears.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #112 of 992
I lost my Piston 2.0, need to buy new ones. Loved them, the noise blocking from outside was great, should I get this new ones or go with the familiar 2.0 I owned?
Also: do they come with a metal clip to hang on the shirt ao they don't fall has the 2.0 did? Thanks

Cheers

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #113 of 992

I have to disagree. First impression are important and are an integral part of the "journey" with your gear. First impressions show people of what to expect when you first hear it and how that changes as you get used to the sound. If all we did was post only final impressions than this would be one boring forum.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #114 of 992

I don't think so, what's annoying is someone who makes the final judgement when they only got their new stuff.
First impression is fine really.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #115 of 992
I went ahead and ordered the Piston 3.0's. Haven't had any IEMs in ages and felt like trying again for this price since they will only be seeing some rare use.
Also ordered some cheap foam eartips and the Sony Hybrid clones linked in one of these threads.

Kinda excited to get some new head audio gear again :D

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #116 of 992
I ordered Piston 3.0 a few days ago from Kev Selection on Amazon. I read through the buyer reviews there before ordering to make sure they sold genuine Xiaomi products. According to their reviews they do. One thing that did puzzle me though in the seller's description they talk about being U.S. based but when I got my shipping confirmation they were shipped from China. I should get them in roughly a week. I will see how they compare to my Piston 2.0's.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #117 of 992
If anyone needs a little more bass, you can tape the little hole near the IEM tip. It's located on the inside where the left/right indicators are. It makes the bass hit deeper and slightly louder. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #119 of 992
Alright, my Piston 3s just came in today. Ordered it from Tinydeals and it took 15 days to get to me. Here are my first impressions...

The sound quality is superb. Clear, detailed, good soundstage, good instrument separation, overall, a very balanced IEM. The bass is probably the only slightly negative aspect of the P3. Bass isn't bad, non-existent, nor is it bloated. The bass of the P3 has impact and is present where it needed to be, but it doesn't extend deep and there's no texture. 

Compared to the Piston 2: Right out of the box, the included ear tips are thicker than the P2's crappy, flimsy tips. I didn't have to switch to my Monster Super Tips or Sony Hybrid Tips like I did with P2. The nozzles of P3 are a lot thinner than on the P2, so they fit easily into my ears. The controller on the P3 is thinner than on P2, but I prefer the buttons on the P2 because it's easier to locate them and press them.

Sound wise, I prefer the P3 to the P2. Again, P3 is a lot more balanced. In my opinion, P2 has recessed mids and rolled off treble. P3 fixes these issues for me. While P2 has better soundstage and better instrument separation, I enjoy the P3's overall sound more. 

Pistion 3 is definitely an improvement over the Pistion 2. I honestly think they are worth 3-5 times the selling price and destroys everything in its price range. P3 does a lot of things right and has no glaring issues. Pretty incredible how Xiaomi was able to produce something of this quality and keep price so low. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back