Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #34 of 992
To be honest the cables tangle up quite a bit. The braided wire does help quite a bit so the cables don't stick together, but they are still cables so if you put them in your pocket for a few hours expect a big tangled mess. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #36 of 992
  Tinydeal is legit, check the old piston 2.1 thread, penonaudio is also legit but it's significantly more expensive

Penonaudio.com

Added these guys up on the original post. I've listed them as unverified since this is a new product and will update once verified by forum members here. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #40 of 992
And...they're here! One day shipping from Hong Kong to the UK! I bought them from Penon Audio and they've included some free ear tips. They're black on the outside with orange inners. Any idea what brand these are? They're really comfortable.

The stock tips still don't seal that well so some third-party tips would probably be a good idea still. The barrel size is much smaller this time around so that might make more ear tips available?

Sound wise, they're still V-shaped but I would say the higher frequencies are a bit better defined - they're clearer. Bass is still quite emphasised but it's not distracting. Comfort-wise, they're way more comfortable. The way they are curved means they fit my ears nicely. They don't rub against my ears like the Piston 2s did - the fact that they were made of metal probably didn't help either (the Piston 3s are plastic).

Overall, I'd say the upgrade probably is worth it but only just. The improved comfort is one of the main reasons for the upgrade, if you found that that was an issue with the Piston 2. Either way, I'm impressed!

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #43 of 992

And...they're here! One day shipping from Hong Kong to the UK! I bought them from Penon Audio and they've included some free ear tips. They're black on the outside with orange inners. Any idea what brand these are? They're really comfortable.

The stock tips still don't seal that well so some third-party tips would probably be a good idea still. The barrel size is much smaller this time around so that might make more ear tips available?

Sound wise, they're still V-shaped but I would say the higher frequencies are a bit better defined - they're clearer. Bass is still quite emphasised but it's not distracting. Comfort-wise, they're way more comfortable. The way they are curved means they fit my ears nicely. They don't rub against my ears like the Piston 2s did - the fact that they were made of metal probably didn't help either (the Piston 3s are plastic).

Overall, I'd say the upgrade probably is worth it but only just. The improved comfort is one of the main reasons for the upgrade, if you found that that was an issue with the Piston 2. Either way, I'm impressed!

Nice I'll added that to the thread

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #44 of 992
Haha okay then :)

I've heard the bass becomes less overbearing with burn-in but I'm not sure I believe in that anyway.

After listening to them a bit more, I'd say they probably are slightly less bassy than the Piston 2 so they're closer to neutral but still V-shaped.

However, I've only just started my audio so take my opinions with a grain of salt :)

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #45 of 992
Haha okay then
smily_headphones1.gif

I've heard the bass becomes less overbearing with burn-in but I'm not sure I believe in that anyway.

After listening to them a bit more, I'd say they probably are slightly less bassy than the Piston 2 so they're closer to neutral but still V-shaped.

However, I've only just started my audio so take my opinions with a grain of salt
smily_headphones1.gif

I had them for over 2 weeks now and i can say that after the burn in it sounds more natural.

Overall i find that they are great for music and calls.

I find that having the mic on the right earbud side helps identify the Left/Right earbuds at a glance. 

However the plastic body feels a bit cheap at times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back