Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #46 of 992
can anyone tell me how they are sound leakage wise? could they be used in an office without bothering the coworkers?

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 992
I'd say they leak a bit more than the Piston 2s but that's not very much at all. You could easily use them in a library or office without annoying others.

They let quite a lot of sound in; not much out.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #48 of 992
  can anyone tell me how they are sound leakage wise? could they be used in an office without bothering the coworkers?

I'd say they leak a bit more than the Piston 2s but that's not very much at all. You could easily use them in a library or office without annoying others.

They let quite a lot of sound in; not much out.

I'd say they are pretty good and much better than full sized headphones like HD600. They are not as good as Shure headphones but it's unlikely to bother anyone over the normal office ambient noise. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #51 of 992
Got my Pistons 3 today, only 100 rmb (I live in China), so why the hell not.

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of Pistons 2 and thought they were overrated as hell.  Nice design, nice case and nice android remote, but the sound was sorely lacking being your typical V shaped IEM with bloated bass and muddy/veiled mids.  The Piston's 3 though I gotta say, is a damn nice improvement over the 2 with mid's being much more clearer.  The bass is still a bit bloated but not too bad.  Sounds good running straight from my Exynos Note 4 and sounds better on DX90 + C5.  These are definitely worth the $17 bucks I paid for them, definitely didn't think that about the Pistons 2.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #52 of 992

I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of Pistons 2 and thought they were overrated as hell.  Nice design, nice case and nice android remote, but the sound was sorely lacking being your typical V shaped IEM with bloated bass and muddy/veiled mids.  The Piston's 3 though I gotta say, is a damn nice improvement over the 2 with mid's being much more clearer.  The bass is still a bit bloated but not too bad.  Sounds good running straight from my Exynos Note 4 and sounds better on DX90 + C5.  These are definitely worth the $17 bucks I paid for them, definitely didn't think that about the Pistons 2.

I think you mayust dont like piston 2 sound signature. But ya, I agree with you, iems with better mids simply have better value,imo

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #53 of 992
  Got my Pistons 3 today, only 100 rmb (I live in China), so why the hell not.

Congrats on getting them for so cheap :D

I'm very glad that they made the mids much clearer and I'm much comfortable using these as a daily driver instead of Pistons 2.0. 

I also take my GR07 less now cause I still take calls out on the go.

Its too bad the Mi Portable Headphones didn't take this route with sound and went with a sound signature that has even less mids. I took them out once and instantly went back to my Mi Pistons. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #54 of 992
Hello guys.
I own the Vsonic gr02 BE, and I'm wondering if the Pistons 3 would be better than the Vsonic. The Vsonic didn't amazed me, when I make the volume a little louder the music gets unclear and especially the sound of the singer. The pistons are lot cheaper so I thought that the Vsonic would be probably better, so am I wrong? Do you recommend me to buy the Pistons?
Thank you.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #55 of 992
Hello guys.
I own the Vsonic gr02 BE, and I'm wondering if the Pistons 3 would be better than the Vsonic. The Vsonic didn't amazed me, when I make the volume a little louder the music gets unclear and especially the sound of the singer. The pistons are lot cheaper so I thought that the Vsonic would be probably better, so am I wrong? Do you recommend me to buy the Pistons?
Thank you.

Many ppl said the piston 3 mids are much btr than before. So it might suits ur taste, vocals will sound btr. But then again, that was a comparison between piston 2 and 3. I do not own vsonic so I cannot comment much.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #57 of 992
xtra? They cost the same price

They do not cost the same if you live in the US, the 3.0s are available from tinydeal for $20 shipped, the 2.1s are available from ibuygou/tinydeal for $16-$17. It was even on sale for $15 the other day (Xiaomi lowered the price of the 2.1 prior to the launch of the 3.0s).

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #58 of 992
No Sony MH-1 users here? I wonder if P3 can stands up against MH-1 :D

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #60 of 992
Just got mine. Straight out of the box, sounds a lot better than P2 in terms of mids and I dare say highs as well. However, it seem to lack soundstage which the P2 is quite regarded for. Now in the process of burning in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back