Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015)
Mar 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #19 of 169
The only thing I am possibly not keen on is the section between the cable and the physical earphone. There's a reasonably long section (metal?) rather than just the cable going into the earphone like happens on the Piston 2.0. I think this design may look a bit weird in my ears but I guess that depends how big it actually is in real life.

I guess there is only one way to find out! 
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 169
Mar 29, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #24 of 169
I just wonder why my thread didn't sell out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760507/the-whole-new-xiaomi-in-ear-headphones-new-better-design

Anyways, it is really looking gorgeous.

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #26 of 169
Maybe it was the title? Either way, you wrote an excellent intro to the new pistons over there. Thanks :)

Yeah, maybe.

I didn't think optimistically to call it Piston v3 since even the source didn't call it that way.

Thanks B9Scrambler!

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #29 of 169
Subbed!
Really the only thing that the 3's could improve is bumping the midrange up a tad and possibly overhauling highs. Very confusing on the 2's, don't know what to feel about them. They come off as shallow and brittle at first but you adapt to them over time. Build quality could also be improved (I dislike the anodized metal finish, grime gets into the small grooves of the exterior.)
Tempted to even buy from AliExpress.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #30 of 169
Subbed!
Really the only thing that the 3's could improve is bumping the midrange up a tad and possibly overhauling highs. Very confusing on the 2's, don't know what to feel about them. They come off as shallow and brittle at first but you adapt to them over time. Build quality could also be improved (I dislike the anodized metal finish, grime gets into the small grooves of the exterior.)
Tempted to even buy from AliExpress.

I'd like to see a little less mid-bass and a little more sub-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back