Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Sep 24, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #721 of 888
I got them directly from Amazon not a 3rd party with 1 day shipping because after reading this thread I felt something is wrong with the ones from GB. My experience with GB has been perfect so far too, that's why i could not believe how bad this headphone sounded. Faking multidriver earphones is not efficient unless you only use ONE (1) CHEAP Driver and the cheap non quality controlled housing and accessories. This earphone sounds close to the Samsung tuned by AKG one that comes with Galaxy s8 , s8+ and Note8 just the treble extends a bit higher on the xianomi but the same signature. I got the samsung s8 and loved the headphones that came with it. Tried to buy another one but the market is full of fake ones. Amazon had it for 17$ and after receiving it realized it was fake too. So yeah... you can get fake from amazon direct too but after i returned mine and left a bad review, amazon did not sell it anymore. I think you have to speak the truth otherwise people won't know it. I wonder how many others have fake ones and just love the signature of the fake driver or just couldn't care because they are, not on this forum. If you have nothing to compare too you would think it is an original and you could love it, you might think it just sounds bad or it is not for your taste.
Sorry for the long blabbering, I am just pissed of .....
https://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/fake-xiaomi-in-ear-hybrid-earphones-pro-from-gearbest.1154545/

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #722 of 888
Gearbest fake
Xiaomi In-ear Hybrid Earphones Pro:
Just received my Xiaomi earphones from GearBest and after listening for two seconds I knew something was wrong, muffled sound , no hights, and distant sound. The bass was overpowering everything and there was no clarity at all. sounded like cheap dollar store earphones. I ordered a new pair off amazon just to compare them and voila: the truth came out.
I got a fake pair from Gear Best:
link to the album:
https://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/fake-xiaomi-in-ear-hybrid-earphones-pro-from-gearbest.1154545/

I have a pair exactly like these. Just received them from Gearbest too. That might explain why I'm unable to tell the 2 sets of middle sized eartips apart. They're both medium. That is the pair on the phones and the middle sized ones in the box. Also explains why I was trying all sorts of tips to get sound other than bloated bass with no highs and almost no midrange.

I looked at the 2 pairs of middle sized tips and they both look like the M in the picture, neither like the S which is taller (or narrower depending on your point of view). metalicblue can you look at the fakes you got from Gearbest and see if the 2 middle sized tips are the same. That would be the pair on the phones and the middle in the box.

PS: exactly what did you say to Gearbest to get a replacement set? I've had awful experience with their service. They wanted me to make a video of a stylus that wasn't working. So I did, stupid as it was to do that and then they complained that it didn't show jumpy or lagged, etc movement. I explained a second time that it failed to do anything at all and their response was to again send them a video showing that.

PPS: are you sure that they are fakes because I did manage to find a tip that gave me very good sound, tons of bass but with full midrange and highs too. Could it just be a newer revision?

PPPS: I've had very good experience with Chinese sites, not just Gearbest, being very good at using the original label in the product description to mean that it is the real thing. And conversely if I don't see original always assuming I'm getting a fake. This would be the first non-original original item I've gotten.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #723 of 888
The silicon eartips are thicker and larger than the original ones but they are actually 4 different sizes. The nozzle of the fake one is shorter and thinner and the mesh that covers the hole is a blue fabric not a metal mesh like on the original one. I took the mesh aside on the fake one and: BEHOLD- THERE ARE NO BALANCED ARMATURES INSIDE??????? Did they forgot to put some in?????

Pictures added in the gallery: original with BA behind metal blue mesh and missing BA behind fabric mesh
link to the album:

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #724 of 888
I have a pair exactly like these. Just received them from Gearbest too. That might explain why I'm unable to tell the 2 sets of middle sized eartips apart. They're both medium. That is the pair on the phones and the middle sized ones in the box. Also explains why I was trying all sorts of tips to get sound other than bloated bass with no highs and almost no midrange.

I looked at the 2 pairs of middle sized tips and they both look like the M in the picture, neither like the S which is taller (or narrower depending on your point of view). metalicblue can you look at the fakes you got from Gearbest and see if the 2 middle sized tips are the same. That would be the pair on the phones and the middle in the box.

PS: exactly what did you say to Gearbest to get a replacement set? I've had awful experience with their service. They wanted me to make a video of a stylus that wasn't working. So I did, stupid as it was to do that and then they complained that it didn't show jumpy or lagged, etc movement. I explained a second time that it failed to do anything at all and their response was to again send them a video showing that.

PPS: are you sure that they are fakes because I did manage to find a tip that gave me very good sound, tons of bass but with full midrange and highs too. Could it just be a newer revision?

PPPS: I've had very good experience with Chinese sites, not just Gearbest, being very good at using the original label in the product description to mean that it is the real thing. And conversely if I don't see original always assuming I'm getting a fake. This would be the first non-original original item I've gotten.
Can you look if the mesh on the nozzle is fabric or metal? can you see the metallic BA inside the nozzle thru the mesh? This is a clear giveaway that it is a fake and not just disconnected BA .
link to the album:

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #726 of 888
Can you look if the mesh on the nozzle is fabric or metal? can you see the metallic BA inside the nozzle thru the mesh? This is a clear giveaway that it is a fake and not just disconnected BA
I looked at your new pictures. How do I remove the mesh, whether fabric or metal mesh, without destroying the earphone? (For that matter, how do I figure out if its fabric?) I'm pretty sure I have a fake here but I'd truly hate to remove the mesh and find a pair of balanced armatures in there and ruined mesh in my hand. I tried looking down the nozzle using a bright flashlight but really can't see inside.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #727 of 888
The silicon eartips are thicker and larger than the original ones but they are actually 4 different sizes. The nozzle of the fake one is shorter and thinner and the mesh that covers the hole is a blue fabric not a metal mesh like on the original one. I took the mesh aside on the fake one and: BEHOLD- THERE ARE NO BALANCED ARMATURES INSIDE??????? Did they forgot to put some in?????

Pictures added in the gallery: original with BA behind metal blue mesh and missing BA behind fabric mesh
link to the album:

Daaamn, that seals it for me. Yeah those are definitely not genuine Pro HD.

Wow, that is shocking. Really shocking. Because as you said, if you didn't know any better or if you didn't have a real pair to verify, you would completely believe that the fakes were the real deal.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #728 of 888
Since it looks like I got a fake pair I really don't want to order them again from Gearbest. Suggestions for where? I'd go with $30 at Amazon if its Prime shipping applicable or cheaper from China and waiting on the boat. I'd just like a real pair.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #729 of 888
I believe I also got the fake ones from GearBest as the pair I got look exactly like the fake ones in those photos. And they sound weird, similarly to what others described above. Contacted GearBest.
Please let me know what they will replay to you, it is the first time I get something fake from them and I believe that the supplier they have has scammed them. Anyway,I am afraid to get a replacement for this item. I will get the refund and stick with Amazon, more expensive but quick refund and free return just in case.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #730 of 888
Please let me know what they will replay to you, it is the first time I get something fake from them and I believe that the supplier they have has scammed them. Anyway,I am afraid to get a replacement for this item. I will get the refund and stick with Amazon, more expensive but quick refund and free return just in case.

Sure, will update this thread once I get a reply from them.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #731 of 888
Since it looks like I got a fake pair I really don't want to order them again from Gearbest. Suggestions for where? I'd go with $30 at Amazon if its Prime shipping applicable or cheaper from China and waiting on the boat. I'd just like a real pair.
Amazon direct is 50$ in Canada but at least it's the real deal. Also if they ship a fake one, there is no return shipping fee and money back guaranteed.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #733 of 888
I looked at your new pictures. How do I remove the mesh, whether fabric or metal mesh, without destroying the earphone? (For that matter, how do I figure out if its fabric?) I'm pretty sure I have a fake here but I'd truly hate to remove the mesh and find a pair of balanced armatures in there and ruined mesh in my hand. I tried looking down the nozzle using a bright flashlight but really can't see inside.
if it is just fabric, it will peel easy if you full from a side with a needle or a sharp object, it is just glued on, but the metal mesh you would feel resistance if you try to poke in the middle. The fabric is dense and you can not see behind it. The metal mesh is see thru and the BA has a shiny reflection in a strong light. You can not miss it. Just try to poke gently in the middle of the mesh. If it is fabric it will flex. Metal mesh is sturdy. Please let me know. Sorry to disturb another dream.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #734 of 888
I bought a backup pair from Gearbest on Sept 9, so thought I should weigh in with another data point, particularly since mine are real. They match metalicblue's real pair photos and sound just as good as my daily pair. Sorry for those who got fakes.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #735 of 888
I bought a backup pair from Gearbest on Sept 9, so thought I should weigh in with another data point, particularly since mine are real. They match metalicblue's real pair photos and sound just as good as my daily pair. Sorry for those who got fakes.
I ordered mine on Aug 31, 2017 12:12:37 PM according to my account page on Gearbest although I didn't receive them until the end of last week. Did you mean you received yours on the 9th or ordered them on the 9th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back