Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #573 of 888
Hey guys!

I'm new on the forum and this thread. I'm following it since I ordered a pair Xiaomi Pro HD.
f
I received them today. I come from a 35$ pretty crapty pair of Philips earbuds that droped me after only few weeks.
I was really waiting for these to arrives and since I was coming from some not so good earbuds, I was waiting for some really good sound.

I bought them on Ebay, but it's basically like if it was coming from Gearbest. 

I'm using them for 30min now, and I got to say : I'm hmm... semi-happy.

First, the tips are not really great, they just don't feel premium. The earphones themselves are really great piece of tech, pretty, lightweight, good looking.

FOR THE SOUND QUALITY (I know it's what you're all waiting for) : hm good, very good but surprising. The sound is very precise, you can really ear every note. It's really great on this point. Bass are controlled, they're great, it's enought. BUT there's kind of a problem.

The left speaker seems a little bit more "covered" by something. Like if the sound was a little less massive, clear and fluid. I don't know if my model is defective. However it's not unusable, it's really a liiittle bit, barely noticeable. I just hope my ear will get used to this, and that I won't noticed it every second. I think it's the high frequencies of the left speaker that are absent.
I've seen the same problem in this thread pages before.

Since it's from ebay (not a pro), I can't return it. Anyone has an idea what can it me, or is there a way to fix that? Thanks.

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #574 of 888
Hey guys!

The left speaker seems a little bit more "covered" by something. Like if the sound was a little less massive, clear and fluid. I don't know if my model is defective. However it's not unusable, it's really a liiittle bit, barely noticeable. I just hope my ear will get used to this, and that I won't noticed it every second. I think it's the high frequencies of the left speaker that are absent.

Since it's from ebay (not a pro), I can't return it. Anyone has an idea what can it me, or is there a way to fix that? Thanks.

Welcome to Head-Fi friend.

It sounds like you got a defective pair - you should not hear any differences in 1 side to another. There are many cases with the Xiaomi Pro HD where the BA driver is defective or burns out in 1 side. The BA driver is what makes the treble, so this jives with what you are describing.

Just to rule out ear wax or something, switch the sides (R earbud into L ear, and L earbud into R ear) and see if the problem follows the suspect L side (which would now be in your R ear). If the problem is still there (ie with the L earbud only in the R ear now), then there is definitely something wrong with the L earbud.

eBay is a great place to buy stuff, because eBay themselves step up and cover you with an almost iron-clad protection (even when buying used stuff). I would most certainly open a case on eBay, and either get a refund or a return/exchange. You would need to do it within 30-days though. And if that fails, I would open a case with PayPal (assuming that's what you used to pay for your eBay purchase). The reason is that one side of the headphones is D.O.A. (dead on arrival).

As far as the tips, they are easily changed for different tips. I recommend the KZ Starline tips, which cost less than $1 for a set of 6 tips (S,M,L).

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #575 of 888
do i have to look for a specific diameter?

Yes, 4mm flange is what you want (also T-400 in Comply size as Nokiron pointed out).

Technically, the Xiaomi flange is 4.5mm, but any 4mm tip will stretch to fit (5mm would be too loose and fall off).

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #576 of 888
Thanks for your answer.

I'm currently using my Pro HD, and the problem is still present (without surprise). However I'm starting to get a little bit used to it. When I'm on PC, I'm using the settings to balance the sound. I'm basically getting the left side volume level slightly higher than the right side. So that at least, the quantity of sound going from each of the speaker are equal. There's still a difference obviously, but it's not unusable. The left side is still kind of less precise, less open than the right side. It gives the impression that the sound is coming from the mid/right part of my head. Some notes are clearly coming from the right, other are coming from both.

For Ebay, unfortunately, since I'm currently living in Germany, and the system is slightly different. I paid via Uberweisung, which don't give you any "real" protection. You can contact Ebay and stuff, but in reality it won't leads you anywhere. I should of used PayPal, but it's done now.

I'm probably going to use those earbuds till I go back to France in 1 month, and then I'll order new ones, hoping they won't be defective too.

Those earbuds are a good surprise, and each day I'm liking more and more the sound, which is really precise. So bad I can't enjoy a real stereo earbuds. Sorry btw for my english, I'm French.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #581 of 888
I have Hybrid gen4 and I hate it. A lot of uncontrolled bass (nice subbass cant deny it though) without any treble.

Some people here suggested that gen4 users can wait gen6 (omit this one) because this version is not a big improvement. What do you think? Should I buy Kz ZST instead of this?

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #584 of 888

FOR THE SOUND QUALITY (I know it's what you're all waiting for) : hm good, very good but surprising. The sound is very precise, you can really ear every note. It's really great on this point. Bass are controlled, they're great, it's enought. BUT there's kind of a problem.

Welcome to Head-Fi friend.

It sounds like you got a defective pair - you should not hear any differences in 1 side to another. There are many cases with the Xiaomi Pro HD where the BA driver is defective or burns out in 1 side. The BA driver is what makes the treble, so this jives with what you are describing.

Just to rule out ear wax or something, switch the sides (R earbud into L ear, and L earbud into R ear) and see if the problem follows the suspect L side (which would now be in your R ear). If the problem is still there (ie with the L earbud only in the R ear now), then there is definitely something wrong with the L earbud.

Just received my Pro HD from Gearbest yesterday and immediately noticed this same issue. I thought it was a fitment issue at first since I wear different size tips for L&R ears. After changing out tips, checking fitment and then switching ears (left side in right ear) I can confirm the left earbud has no bass. I have submitted a support ticket with Gearbest but am not looking forward to the exchange process. 

EDIT: My mind is playing tricks on me. Used a tone generator app and it's actually the right side BA driver that doesn't work. Seems to cut out right around 1000khz. It starts to work around 9000hz but the levels are noticeably lower than the left side. Mid-low frequencies are about the same levels on both sides.  

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #585 of 888

Thanks for sharing.
Seems that the "BA's problem" is the most frequent problem of thoses earbuds. We are not alone, there's few other persons on the same thread that had the same problem. The crazy fact is that the problem is here even when the product is brand new, not open. So there's certainly a problem in the factory. 
It also seems like that it's Pro HD coming from Gearbest that have this problem (but it's really not sure, and since the majority of people have ordered on Gearbest, we can't be sure). 

After few days, I'm getting used to this, but it's still really frustrating sometime when you really want to enjoy your favorite music (which is why I'll buy new ones). 

If you find a solution, an explanation, or if someone has some news, don't forget to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back