Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #526 of 888
Hi friends, Greetings, I am having Shozy zero & RHA MA750 ,B&W P5 & Mi headphone.

​ 

What's ur take on Mi IEM pro hd is it worth 25-35$ . (IN COMPLIANCE WITH URBANFUN/ROCKY ZIRCON )

Any other IEM with good detailed sound stage,isolation,neutral warm & surrounding effect under 35$. 

Also I m trying for good Dap around 100-125$ (Xduoo i m getting good reviews). 

Also provide their cheapest buying link online . 

Thanks in advance
Magaosi BK50 have a warm signature and nice soundstage. It is also a hybrid amature and dynamic.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #528 of 888
I have the Cduoo X10, and the Fiio X3 II, both are very good. I will say the Xduoo has some issues, mainly cutting off about 1/2 a second at the beginning of a song, and can not do gapless (both have work around useing cue sheets). If you can get the Xduoo for under $125, it is a good deal. Both of them can handle 209gb cards, with X10 having two card slots. Read the reviews and forums before you buy one or the other.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #530 of 888
  I can't speak for those you just posted, but the fake one from the video came from banggood.

When I want to guarantee I'm not going to get a fake something-or-other, I always buy from Gearbest. I've had problems with fakes before (not Xiaomi, but other stuff) on ebay & aliexpress and other dirt cheap Chinese sites. It's like the Wild West, and I've been left high and dry in some cases when the website wouldn't step in and do anything to help. I've have never gotten anything counterfeit from Gearbest, they have great customer service, and most importantly price protection (which is nice because I just got burned on aliexpress when something I just ordered 5 days ago dropped 33%=$45 for their 7th birthday sale).

Right now they're $22.89 shipped (if you use the mobile app, or $26.20 from their website):

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_566702.html

No gimmicks, no fakes.

I thought that the mobile app discounts were just marketing lies... do you often see price difference between mobile app and website?

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #531 of 888
  I thought that the mobile app discounts were just marketing lies... do you often see price difference between mobile app and website?

Yeah, there's almost always a discount for using the mobile app (sometimes a significant discount). Why, I don't know. But I used to never check the mobile app for price difference - now I always do.

I mean, you buy a $50 widget (on the website) and Aliexpress makes it sound like it's some kind of super special deal to give you a $1 off coupon on said purchase. Yet if you order the same thing on the mobile app, you can get a $8 discount (for example). Where's the logic in that?

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #532 of 888
  Anyone using these Xiaomi with sports?
I mean nor the shape nor the lack of memory wires are a good sign that they will not fall off of your ears very often

Mine work loose and fall out just wearing them on the couch. So yeah, sports are a no go. The only way I'd attempt to wear them for sports is if I put memory foam tips on AND wore them switched (R in L ear and L in R ear, which would allow me to wear them pointed up with the cable going up and behind the ear). They aren't going anywhere with that setup!

For sports it's sooo much easier to use a 'custom IEM' shaped item with memory wires. The best I have found for sports is the QKZ W1 Pro. You could bungee jump, skydive, or do a military obstacle course with those and they would stay in.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #533 of 888
I have the Cduoo X10, and the Fiio X3 II, both are very good. I will say the Xduoo has some issues, mainly cutting off about 1/2 a second at the beginning of a song, and can not do gapless (both have work around useing cue sheets). If you can get the Xduoo for under $125, it is a good deal. Both of them can handle 209gb cards, with X10 having two card slots. Read the reviews and forums before you buy one or the other.

Those issues with the Xduoo (at least on the X3) are only a problem with the stock firmware. I'll bet that the X10 shares a lot of the same code as the X3, especially since the cutoff bug affects both the X3 and X10. However, Rockbox has none of the bugs of the stock firmware. It's currently only supported on the X3 though.

Also, I have since verified that the Xduoo X3 fully supports 256GB cards (previously only 200GB cards were verified). The same should apply for the X10 as well.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #534 of 888
  Yeah, there's almost always a discount for using the mobile app (sometimes a significant discount). Why, I don't know. But I used to never check the mobile app for price difference - now I always do.

I mean, you buy a $50 widget (on the website) and Aliexpress makes it sound like it's some kind of super special deal to give you a $1 off coupon on said purchase. Yet if you order the same thing on the mobile app, you can get a $8 discount (for example). Where's the logic in that?

That's good to know, will have to force myself to check through the app more frequently

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #537 of 888
Someone asked me about which vent on the Xiaomi Pro HD to seal up for juicy bass, so I figured I would post it so everyone can see.

If you look at this photo you'll see 2 vents - 1 towards the rear in the aluminum, and 1 smaller one in the center of the black plastic directly behind the silicone tip:

The one in the black plastic is the one you seal up.

You can use a microscopic piece of cello (Scotch) tape, or a tiny drop of epoxy (on a toothpick) or super glue gel. I tried it with the tape 1st, liked how it sounded, then permanently sealed mine using a drop of epoxy.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #538 of 888
I've had a different results with tape. The good things about Pro HD are the soundstage and clarity, and both suffer a lot when you do the tape mod, while bass gets distorted if you push the volume. EQ without mod is a lot more effective, a very small boost to lows, slight reduction to highs, and a nice boost from 250Hz to 1kHz... this seems to give them fun and clear, more balanced sound. Now, because you lift up mids, sometimes you may notice distortion out of nowhere, yet it is not in the lows nor highs, it just goes to show that that second DD should've been BA. Also, not everyone is for eq...In the end, they sound good for the price, but have more flaws than I'd like.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #539 of 888
  I've had a different results with tape. The good things about Pro HD are the soundstage and clarity, and both suffer a lot when you do the tape mod, while bass gets distorted if you push the volume. EQ without mod is a lot more effective, a very small boost to lows, slight reduction to highs, and a nice boost from 250Hz to 1kHz... this seems to give them fun and clear, more balanced sound. Now, because you lift up mids, sometimes you may notice distortion out of nowhere, yet it is not in the lows nor highs, it just goes to show that that second DD should've been BA. Also, not everyone is for eq...In the end, they sound good for the price, but have more flaws than I'd like.

Stock, they were too sibilant/bright for my ears, even with EQing. The port mod solved the issue.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #540 of 888
  Don't know if this has been discussed  yet, but apparently there may be counterfeit Xiaomi In-Ear Pro HDs being sold:

I guess it was just a matter of time.

Unfortunately the QR code tag was the 1st thing I ditched when I took my HD Pros out of the box. I didn't even think to check for authenticity like the guy in the above video (since I got mine from a trusted source, I didn't question the authenticity). Now I'm wishing I checked the tag, so I'd at least know if the test worked or if it bombed out like it did in the above test.

Also notice how the QR code on the fake one resolved to banggood LOL

Anyways, I've seen people posting here recently about how poor the sound quality is after receiving their Pro HDs. Any of us with genuine Pro HDs know how good they sound (sure, a little sibilant, but other than that it's like heaven in your ears). I wonder if any of those people have counterfeit versions (which certainly wouldn't be triple-driver).

Only my piston 3's worked when trying this QR code validation.

I'm pretty sad. lol. The headphones all game from gear best. 

Weirdly enough, the Pro HD's that came from gear best had a blue flim on the nozzle. It doesn't peel off either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back