Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 18, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #241 of 888
so could you elaborate what is exactly wrong with this buds compared to the older pistons? i really need a pair of earphones that has a similar volume control mic and this seems like a decent choice. What are the flaws of this headset in your eyes? 

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #242 of 888
  Having read this whole thread I am still wondering how XiaoMi managed to f..k up this thing so much.

I mean, they start from the previous hybrids that fit well out of the box, had good bass out of the box and evolved to something that does not fit and needs a serious search for tips and then need some other mods to get the bass back and still has harsh highs which might not bother you too much if you're lucky.

And it costs more too.

I hope they fired the guy who designed this.

And also hope the next gen fits like the previous hybrids and does not need any mods to get bass.

Just my 2c.

These aren't made by xiaomi, they're made by 1more for xiaomi.  
Pistons 1 and 2 fit was really bad, the housing would rub up against my ear canal since they were so close to the tips.
Piston 3 changed to the current style, much more comfy.  But they regressed on the remote buttons.
Gen 5, in my view, is the most comfortable, AND the remote buttons are back to normal.  The front port should normally be covered by your ear, but not everyone's ear is the same, hence the mod. Gen 4 had good bass but was muddy, gen 5s are an improvement imo (better mids and highs, much wider soundstage and more airy feel) and the port mod is only for those who want more bass but the shape of their ears don't fit the housing well.  

Increasing price is a shame, but bear in mind the 1more triple driver costs about 4x of the gen 5.

so could you elaborate what is exactly wrong with this buds compared to the older pistons? i really need a pair of earphones that has a similar volume control mic and this seems like a decent choice. What are the flaws of this headset in your eyes? 

I did a comparison across the 5 generations a while back in this thread, have a look.  I like the gen 5 the most, followed by 3. But I tend to prefer neutral to slight V shaped sounds. KZ ZST has even better sound to me than gen 5, but lack the volume control, it only has the single button mic.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #243 of 888
Mate, you got me thinking if 1more did deliberately made some design 'mistakes' cause they have to sell a comparable product that costs way more.

Can't believe for one second that they put this thing out on the market and did not test it beforehand if it FITS.

I wonder how much nicer it would be if they used the previous hybrid's housing without changing anything external and modify / add whatever they wanted internally.

Kinda no brainer to me, but I don't work at 1more so who knows what they had in mind.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #244 of 888
Finally! my Pro HD are here!
Sound wise are better than the hybrids, but have harsh treble and i dont like it at all. Does anybody have seen a reduction of the treble or a less harsh treble after some hr of use?

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #245 of 888
  Just got these today, compared to the original Xiaomi Hybrids, I think they have much more clarity in the mids and lows. Acoustics just sound beautiful in comparison. However I'm getting very "shrieky" highs. The best way to describe it is for those of you who have used Viper for Android, when you boost the "clarity setting" too far, the audio does get clearer however peaks and outputs a static sound everytime there is a "suh" or a sound with the alphabet 'S' in it. Hurts my ears most of the time. I've been experiencing this on the Pro HD's. Anyone else having the same problem? 

I do, im giving them som hrs of grey noise to burn the drivers, hope to make the treble less harsh, are your HD PRO better now on this shhhhh thing?

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #246 of 888
  Finally! my Pro HD are here!
Sound wise are better than the hybrids, but have harsh treble and i dont like it at all. Does anybody have seen a reduction of the treble or a less harsh treble after some hr of use?

I don't find the treble to be harsh, and I am usually pretty harsh about harsh treble.  (Hardy har har).  What tips are you using?  Maybe some foamies would help?

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #247 of 888
  I do, im giving them som hrs of grey noise to burn the drivers, hope to make the treble less harsh, are your HD PRO better now on this shhhhh thing?

They do sound better with Comply Foam tips, but I kind of got fed up with and I ended up just buying the 1More Triple Drivers. I'd say the foam tips would be a good start. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #248 of 888
I don't find the treble to be harsh, and I am usually pretty harsh about harsh treble.  (Hardy har har).  What tips are you using?  Maybe some foamies would help?
im using the fiio ex1 tips on large size. I will try some foam tips in a couple of hours. Also see if anythin change.
At least from my galaxy s4 and my creative xfi go, the shh and sss souds harsh, aside from that, they are still a bang for the buck. The stetics and feeling is awsome

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #249 of 888
Getting a good seal will help with the harsh treble, and I found it diminished over time (although not entirely gone).
I use KZ starline tips, others have had luck with JVC spiral dots. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #250 of 888
Ok ok, here is my quick analysis after 1 night of burn-in with Gray Noise: https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/greyNoiseGenerator.php
The harsh treble are gone! Now it has a nice treble, sparky and clean.
Mids, are a lot better than the Hybrids and cleaner than the Piston3
The bass also is cleaner, hits deeper but with more control, and with a little less volume than the hybrids.
As some had say, frequency wise are between the piston 3 and the hybrids.
I only have heard them with the spin-fits and the fiio ex1 tips, will try comply foam tips on the next days. Im quite happy with my purchase! 

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #251 of 888
Whoa, not a lot of love for the original hybrids here. I'd never switch them to an IEM that's constantly being described as "shrill", "harsh" and "shrieky" in the highs.. 
eek.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #252 of 888
Pro HD arrived today. Quite hard to drive with my Sony Xperia Compact 3. I use Inairs Air2 foams which fixes the issue with the harshness and sibilance. Unfortunately none of my silicone tips do with the Pros. What I find astonishing is the overall sound clarity of the Pros even with the foams. Usually I find them swallowing it very much. Curious whether this IEM changes after burn in noticeably. Hope for sub bass as well as soundtage improvement.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #254 of 888
Pro HD arrived today. Quite hard to drive with my Sony Xperia Compact 3. I use Inairs Air2 foams which fixes the issue with the harshness and sibilance. Unfortunately none of my silicone tips do with the Pros. What I find astonishing is the overall sound clarity of the Pros even with the foams. Usually I find them swallowing it very much. Curious whether this IEM changes after burn in noticeably. Hope for sub bass as well as soundtage improvement.

I strongly suggest to burn them in and you will need nothing but a good silicon tips to solve the harsh thing
also yo could try blocking the smal vent on the black of the iem to add a little more oohm to the bass, that is just for fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back