Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Nov 30, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #92 of 888
Just got my hybrid pro. Highs are harsh. Still need to burn them in but straight out of the box they are not looking good for me.

looks like I should not hurried to order two pairs 
confused_face.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #93 of 888
got my pair yesterday, pretty disappointed.

first of all with the price. the cost is definitely much higher when purchasing in north america. i bought from gearbest, and was charged $20 on customs (shipment came from china), which is almost the price of the earphones themselves!! dhl is ridiculous, definitely one of the worst in terms of brokerage fees, but was the only shipment method available for ~1 week delivery (all the others are much slower, 2-3 weeks, and no tracking)

secondly, the inline volume controls don't work on apple devices, and i've tried on both my macbook pro and iphone (maybe they work on android, but i was told from the seller that they do work on ios devices). the middle play/pause button works though.

now the sound. the highs are kind of harsh (more like weird), but not really just sibilant, also uneven (i imagine the frequency response in the mids and highs is not smooth at all and has big peaks and dips). overall across the whole frequency range, the sound is just not coherent imo, and very obviously so. also for 2x dynamic drivers the bass is definitely not what i expected, amount is about neutral (even a tad shy of neutral actually), and lacks the more visceral sensation that dynamic iems are typically known for

now i dont have too much experience with super budget iems like these, but i think you can definitely find better products at this price point (especially if you are in north america and factor in customs fees)

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #94 of 888
Not very happy with your quick analysis. It was your out of the box listen or let them burn in at least for a pair of hours at hi-volume? Which sources you use?
BTW, mine was free shipped (not in the hurry) 

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #95 of 888
out of the box experience, sources are macbook pro and iphone. neither of which should make a significant difference based on my experience with other iems in the past

shipping cost is fine, i did not have issue with that as i chose to pay for it (it was also not that much money). its the customs/brokerage charge thats the problem

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #96 of 888
Bought it from GearBest as well, but took the $2.15 shipping. It just arrived in the US and is in customs at the moment, this was 6 days after I placed the order, so it's a bit faster than usual. I'm guessing it'll be in my mail in 3-4 days since USPS delivers quite fast. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #97 of 888
  Not very happy with your quick analysis. It was your out of the box listen or let them burn in at least for a pair of hours at hi-volume? Which sources you use?
BTW, mine was free shipped (not in the hurry) 

there is no evidence supporting physical "burn in" as a real thing, and sources barely mean anything when it comes to IEMs, unless you use a really old and crappy DAC

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #98 of 888
there is no evidence supporting physical "burn in" as a real thing, and sources barely mean anything when it comes to IEMs, unless you use a really old and crappy DAC
in my case is different, my Dynamic inears behaves differently between my sources, the DAC Quality mensaje more ressolution and transparency, but the amp section gives the extra ohmp and dynamics. Also at least the hybrids, after a pair of hours of hard gray noise, with my x7, they got smoother on the bass and treble. My ex600 was a dramática change, after 5hrs the harsh and unberable treble went out. And after 20 hrs the bass got deeper, all with the same dx50+e12 setup.
My Máster and dynamics mh40, had never changed, at least after my 5hrs of total use (got them recently).
I do have experience this changes. Guess it depends on the synergy and Quality the e tire setup. With my iPhone everything sounds a bit lifeless, so dont rely on celphones or ebev worst, integranted soundcards of any laptop.

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #100 of 888
I Have the Xiaomi Hybrid Dual Drivers Earphones Mi IV In-Ear Headphones dual driver. they aren't bad but they sound even better when i use the  Power Amp app with the sound set to my liking and my HTC One M8 phone that has (HTC BoomSound) it's kinda' like a loudness control on a receiver adds bass and treble. Only then do they shine.  I'm sorry to hear the Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) aren't sounding as expected to some people i was ready to buy a pair expecting them to be a step up. i'll wait for the final verdict from others before i buy now.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #101 of 888
After 1 day of use, Im very dissapointed, the bass are very "soft", and when you have the volume at max, you can hear like a metal sound.

I have to say that the sounds are very clear.

tested in a mi4, and yes, tried to "burn" for almost 30 min, like some of you said.

Sorry for the bad english, cheers from Spain. 

EDIT: I HAD THE PISTON 2 CONFIG, I CHANGED TO DEFAULT AND NOW IT SOUNDS QUITE BETTER, WITHOUT "METAL SOUND"

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #102 of 888
When I first had the Hybrid Pro in my ears, I was quite disappointed as well - coherency issues, many treble spikes, ...

I then discovered that it likes to be inserted deeper than average, which will get entirely rid of the coherency issues and kill the uneven treble, making it more harmonious yet still clearly on the bright side in the upper highs.
However due to the in-ears' shape, inserting them deeper is almost impossible, isn't it? No, not at all! What you need to do is to swap the sides, and then insert them twist them by 180° so that the cables are guided around the ears. This gives a somewhat deeper insertion that will make the sound completely different (quite a bit better).

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #103 of 888
After two years my piston 3 died, before that I used piston 2.
I was planing to buy the xiaomi hybrid from ebay for around 17$, but know with the new model I'm not sure what version to purshace.

If comapring the three latest models of pistons (3, hybrid, hybrid pro) which one are better and which one should I purchase?
I'm mostly liesting to electronic music (edm, dubstep, chillout).
Inline mic & remote for Android is super imporant for me.

Cheers 
cool.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #104 of 888
Interesting, I tried the 180 flip, indeed it provides a deeper fit, better seal and brings richer bass.  However, I get a good enough seal with the stock tips wearing them normally already, so I don't notice the treble issue.

That said, I do find some treble/sibilance issues that others have experienced when I'm walking on the street and not wearing the earbuds as deep as normal (since I do want to hear the car that's going to run over me).  So maybe this is all a fit/seal issue for those who have problems?  Perhaps the seal is not good enough so you lose the lower frequencies, then you bump up the volume and the treble dominates?  

For those who prefer wearing the earbuds normally, what I do to get a better seal is to seat them as normal, then turn the ear bud forward a little to push the tips further in.  Other than that, perhaps try different tips, the stock ones indeed are a little flimsy.  For the price, these are really good sounding earbuds to me.  Hope those who have treble issues can figure it out.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #105 of 888

That said, I do find some treble/sibilance issues that others have experienced when I'm walking on the street and not wearing the earbuds as deep as normal (since I do want to hear the car that's going to run over me). 

This is the issue - especially Balanced Armature drivers are designed to play in a sealed chamber, and wearing the in-ears like you do, you lose the sealed chamber which will of course also introduce those sibilance and treble issues.

By the way, the front vent (the small one on the black plastic part of the housings) has got a huge effect on the bass quantity - if it is covered, which it usually is in one's ears, there will be much more bass than when it is not covered/freely sitting which might probably happen with some ear anatomies.

That said, wearing the Hybrid Pro regularly "cables down", I get a good seal and a thundering bass, however the sound is not coherent at all and everything sounds really strange and with an uneven, peaky treble (I assume the (massive) coherency issues could be a phase shift problem). Only when wearing the IEMs with switched sides and flipped around, there are no coherency issues anymore and I think that the sound is solid/good for the price. It is very strongly v-shaped though, so especially suiting for those who want a strong "fun" signature and aren't craving for naturalness or tonal balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back