Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Nov 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #76 of 888
  Hello!

Guys, please, any comparison between either of competitors: GR07, VSD3s.

Thank You!

It was quite some time since i had my VSD3s but..

The bass was a little bit tighter on the vsd3s.. The Hybrid pro has a much better midrange and also the treble is not siblant at all. They kind of have the "fun" signature in common. However if i remember this right, the Hybrid pro is more organic and warm. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #78 of 888
So I received my pair of the new Xiaomi Hybrid Pro (2DD + 1BA) in the mail less than a week ago. Didn't listen to them OOTB, went straight to burn in for 24 odd hours (using JLabs Audio Burn In file). After that I've been using them daily for short listening stints of about an hour or so, most times shorter than that.

My initial impression, using my ears & gears: they sound strange. Bass is just ok not overpowering, I certainly wouldn't call these basshead IEM's. Mids to me are recessed slightly. Treble is fine on most tracks but on certain songs they became very very harsh and sibilant, practically forcing me to yank them out of my ears real quick. For the life of me, I can't recall what that track was. That hasn't happened to me ever..not with all of my other chi-fi & mid-fi IEM's. Some metal tracks also sound off when listened to using these. Also, certain instruments stand out much more than they should while others in the frequency range like vocals seem quiter than normal, drowned out. Soundstage & imaging to me sounds run of the mill average, nothing to shout about. Instrument separation is better than average, quite good.

Of course, I may have a lemon. They may require more burn in or brain burn in. Furthermore, I wouldn't say I've done any really critical listening with these. And I haven't tip rolled yet (the stock tips are of poor quality, very thin & papery..typical Xiaomi tips). 

My sources so far are mainly my HTC M8 phone (sometimes on it's own and sometimes paired with the Fiio Q1), Fiio X1, iMac 27" 2011. Spotify set on extreme quality. FLAC for the X1.

Plus points: I like the newer non braided/Kevlar cable. More manageable. Included pouch is kinda nice although it offers little protection. The new buttons on the mic is great. Comfort & build quality is above par.

I'll continue using these, perhaps do another day's burning in...see if the sound changes or if my ears/brain can adapt to them. Going to tip roll at some point too. But at this point in time, I can safely say that I prefer the way my 1More Triple Driver sounds over these. However, the fact that the 1More's cost almost 4 times more than these doesn't help its case much.

Again, just my $0.02.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #79 of 888
Please use several type of tips on them. I only bought the hybrid (1dd+1ba) now and they sound garbage with stock tips. With biflange sennhesier tips they are awesome, for me! So, guys, dont give up, these must be great iems for this price, just play a bit with the eartips! :p

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #80 of 888
  Please use several type of tips on them. I only bought the hybrid (1dd+1ba) now and they sound garbage with stock tips. With biflange sennhesier tips they are awesome, for me! So, guys, dont give up, these must be great iems for this price, just play a bit with the eartips! :p

hmm, i don't think i've tried biflange tips on the original hybrid. i think it sounds crap so far, so i haven't bothered too much tip-rolling. That negative experience of the previous hybrid is what's keeping me from ordering this new one

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #81 of 888
Wow, my hybrids sound great to me!! they have a nice U EQ, just plug to my galaxy s4 without any EQ and im good to go. The extra bass helps on the noisy streets of Mexico, the isolation also are just enough for the music and for security. The SpinFits work great with them

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #83 of 888
right now, only the Hybrids vs all the line of Shure SE, the sony MDR-EX600.
The hybrids are like between the SE215 and the 315 sound wise, not as detailed as the 315 but with better bass and more musical having the cons of recessed.
Against the Beats rubeat, the hybrids sound better controlled on the bass, without the mids but adding more resolution.
hope for my future Pro HD. anyway, they are budget iems, I love them, and if somebody stole from me, il be just sad and wil keep buying them again. Because my hard earned money goes into 1 headphones for traveling and 1 stereo system, not in to pricy inears where the soundstage will be always bad VS my home stereo
i guess nobody can say bad things about them from the price prespective. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #86 of 888
I hope Pro HD will be better than SE215... Idk, even M11+ sounded better to me than Shure, before cable cracked. Soundstage is too narrow for my liking.
their purpose are for monitoring on loud environments, so soundstage isnt a priority there. Just critical listening with great acuracy.
For soundstage go for open headphones or even semiopen iems like the fiio ex1 aka dunu titan or the sony ex600/1000

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #87 of 888
Now my ears are hot waiting this new xiaomi inears, they always are a bang for the buck so lets burn-in them and listen.
Btw. The hybrids sound way better amping them with something like 100mw or 200mw of power. The mids shows a little bit more, have more deep rumble but their humble nature shows some uneven match between the woofer vs the tweeter. Seems that the new Pros are better on this scheme

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #88 of 888
I ordered mine via Aliexpress about two weeks ago and I live in Michigan according to the tracking they cleared customs and awaiting to be delivered to usps as of today. Hopefully I receive by next week. I've owned all iterations of xiaomi's earphones and the piston 2 were my favorite. I currently own the 2more triple hybrid and love their amazing sq to $ value, the could use a db or two boost in the lower bass region, but eq sorts that out just fine and have loved them since day one, I'm really hoping these pistons come close in enjoyability, although I'm sure they have different tuning. If there is one or two things I hate in an IEM is congestion and harsh highs, 1more triples are by far the least congested budget-fi earphone I've heard to date and I've tried a lot!

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #89 of 888
I ordered mine via Aliexpress about two weeks ago and I live in Michigan according to the tracking they cleared customs and awaiting to be delivered to usps as of today. Hopefully I receive by next week. I've owned all iterations of xiaomi's earphones and the piston 2 were my favorite. I currently own the 2more triple hybrid and love their amazing sq to $ value, the could use a db or two boost in the lower bass region, but eq sorts that out just fine and have loved them since day one, I'm really hoping these pistons come close in enjoyability, although I'm sure they have different tuning. If there is one or two things I hate in an IEM is congestion and harsh highs, 1more triples are by far the least congested budget-fi earphone I've heard to date and I've tried a lot!
please share your comparison of the 1more triples vs the xiaomi pro. I didnt pull the trigger on those in pro of buying the mh40 of master and dynamic

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #90 of 888
They just arrived yesterday to me, and my ootb impressions are somewhat similar to @fonkepala
Bass is clean, but mids sound strange. A bit recessed, muddy? Treble is neutral, but quite a lot of detail in it. The 8-9kHz area is bumped-up a bit, all kind of cymbals sound a little harsh. I hope they will settle after some burn-in, and I will try some different tips. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back