XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #781 of 914
Currently thinking about isn est50 vs xenns top. I also love single dd and have never heard the oxygen.

1671564156405.png

Dec 22, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #782 of 914
Anyone have thoughts on EJ07? I am thinking about something complimentary to the Xenns Up, which I do not consider a basshead IEM, despite the hype train. Bravado mkii certainly is, though less resolving, which is okay. They are still good and a lot of fun for heavier music. But saw a **** ST7, which is apparently an EJ07 with different plates. Curious to compare @redrol, you have both right? I think we have similar musical tastes as well if I remember, correctly. Love to hear your thoughts.

Dec 22, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #783 of 914
Hey Josh. As you probably know, I entirely adore the EJ07. The main issue is until recently nothing has really beaten them. The new IEM that does beat them is unknown and unbuyable. DM me for more info.

Dec 23, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #784 of 914
Anyone have thoughts on EJ07? I am thinking about something complimentary to the Xenns Up, which I do not consider a basshead IEM, despite the hype train. Bravado mkii certainly is, though less resolving, which is okay. They are still good and a lot of fun for heavier music. But saw a **** ST7, which is apparently an EJ07 with different plates. Curious to compare @redrol, you have both right? I think we have similar musical tastes as well if I remember, correctly. Love to hear your thoughts.
Sony ex800st with tape mod

Dec 23, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #785 of 914
Jan 6, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #786 of 914
Tea 2 is an absolute staple if you are afraid of forward upper mids and want an extremely well tuned set that won't obliterate your bank.

Not a set I'd rec to detail freaks, though the Tea 2 has respectable detail retrieval and doesn't really lack anything barring bass texture.

I think price is what keeps most people from owning a Tea 2, MSRP should've been 50-100 dollars cheaper.

Jan 6, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #787 of 914
Tea 2 is an absolute staple if you are afraid of forward upper mids and want an extremely well tuned set that won't obliterate your bank.

Not a set I'd rec to detail freaks, though the Tea 2 has respectable detail retrieval and doesn't really lack anything barring bass texture.

I think price is what keeps most people from owning a Tea 2, MSRP should've been 50-100 dollars cheaper.
Tea 2 upper mids even more piercing than tea to my ears. Still a well tuned iem though and i can see why a lot of people like it. But if you're sensitive to upper mids, it might be a problem.

Jan 6, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #788 of 914
Tea 2 upper mids even more piercing than tea to my ears. Still a well tuned iem though and i can see why a lot of people like it. But if you're sensitive to upper mids, it might be a problem.
Looks like you're extremely sensitive to upper mids, I have seen anyone else criticize the Tea 2 for being shouty.

Jan 7, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #789 of 914

Definitely agree, The Tea 2 is an all a rounder champ; it's not for extreme bassheads or for the other end of the spectrum, lovers of icicles in their orifices. With the market's current advancements and price to performance ratio getting better on an almost weekly cycle, Xenns is probably losing potential sales, due to the $350 price tag.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #790 of 914
This!
I find them very forward in female vocals.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #792 of 914
Word of caution: My Mangird Tea 2 already has oxidation on the nozzles after owning for only 2 months

Mine had blue dust when I took off my CP100s for cleaning.

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #793 of 914
Had to return mine xenns, right earbud had the drivers loose inside.
Honestly, if wasn't for that they were good iems, not great... Made me realize that I enjoy a little spice in the treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back