Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #916 of 957
I've got the "Wallnut edition" and can't relate to the problems you are having GunGrave.
Bass is deep and low and the rest is perfect.
I've compared them to my Creative Aurvana Live headphones, and the bass of the Xe200Pro is even more powerfull.

It's absolutely necessary with the XE200PRO to have a perfect fit, i've used the rubbers from my Creative EP-630, since they fit me perfectly .
If you dont have a perfect fit, you'll lose a lot of bass.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #918 of 957
I have the XE200Pro too, and the fit is insanely important. It can't be too good, or it sounds bad. Can't be too loose either, but it has to be relatively loose (to the point when they fall out of the ear...).other iem are far less critical even with the same tips.

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #919 of 957
Welp, I finally made my mind up only to find out that the XPA2PRO is out of stock apparently >_<

Edit: Meh... decided to pull the trigger and try out some "unheard-ofs" from Xears in the XWF600s. I'm hoping that the smaller driver will translate to a little better representation of sound on the high end of things while having better attack/decay times; as from what I can tell from reading, bass is never really a problem with Xears. Also, they still have the detachable cables that pushed me over the edge toward the XPA2PROs in the first place.

If they suck, I'll just sell them to someone for $30 and get the MH1Cs until I seek out my "perfect" earpieces. I'll do a quick write up on them after I've had them for a while nontheless. While I'm not an audiophile, I do know what things ought to sound like and listen to a wide array of genres. Not to mention I can hopefully justify wasting excessive hard drive space on FLAC files now 
L3000.gif

Is there any preferred method of break in for Xears earpieces? Will the good ole leave-em-blasting overnight do the trick, or should I be looking towards brown/white/etc noises?

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #920 of 957
Quote:

If they suck, I'll just sell them to someone for $30 and get the MH1Cs until I seek out my "perfect" earpieces. I'll do a quick write up on them after I've had them for a while nontheless. While I'm not an audiophile, I do know what things ought to sound like and .......

I have the MH1 Headset and can confirm the good soundquality, but the heavy, flat J-cord (esp. the mic) makes it simply unusable,
except you don´t move at all (quite bad regarding it´s for outdoor usage).
Never had any IEM that´s so hard to keep in the ear.
The perfect eartips are probably some drops of this

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #921 of 957
Quote:

I have the MH1 Headset and can confirm the good soundquality, but the heavy, flat J-cord (esp. the mic) makes it simply unusable,
except you don´t move at all (quite bad regarding it´s for outdoor usage).
Never had any IEM that´s so hard to keep in the ear.
The perfect eartips are probably some drops of this

Same here. MH1 very hard to keep in. I only use them at the desk at work. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #922 of 957
Quote:
Anyone who likes the XPA2 with silver filters but think they could use more bass: push the silicon eartip harder onto the earphone so it covers the little hole on the side of the filter. Magic. Now you have loud boomy bass while all the other positives (bright sound with cool instrument separation) remains the same
etysmile.gif

BTW did you get the double, triple and foam tips with XPA2? I got them with XPA800 but not this time.

Works brilliantly. Anyone else tried this?

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #923 of 957
Hello,
anyone tried the warranty from xears?

My xe200pro is starting to break already after only 8 months!! (left speaker is dying).

They told me they don't cover defects after 7 months?? I'm pretty sure this term wasn't present when I bought them but it should be at least a 1year coverage not to mention that in Europe 2-year is mandatory.

Anyone had to use the support for defects?

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #926 of 957
Quote:
Hello,

My xe200pro is starting to break already after only 8 months!! (left speaker is dying).

They told me they don't cover defects after 7 months?? I'm pretty sure this term wasn't present when I bought them but it should be at least a 1year coverage not to mention that in Europe 2-year is mandatory.

my XPA2PRO have been defective since i've received them, a few days ago. the seller wanted a pic of the cable cut in order to send me a replacement of the cable, but i'm pretty sure it's the speaker defective (as the defect is present switching the two speakers, une female plug it's just loose)
i want a refund, as i feel like i wasted 43 euro, also because the sound quality is VERY disappointing (muddy, no soundstage, they sound like 5€ chinese ones), but the guy doesn't seem to help. will open a paypal dispute if not getting a positive reply today.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #927 of 957
Has anyone tried the new woodinator xwh700pro?

Since they are accepting the discount coupon, for 35€ seems to be a good deal. I have a pair o xe200pro, i would like to know if the sound if somewhat better, if it's the same same signature, confort etc...

Anyone tried them out?

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #928 of 957
Quote:
Has anyone tried the new woodinator xwh700pro?

Since they are accepting the discount coupon, for 35€ seems to be a good deal. I have a pair o xe200pro, i would like to know if the sound if somewhat better, if it's the same same signature, confort etc...
x
Anyone tried them out?

I havn't tried those, but I did have the XWF600 and, while I like the 'phones, two things.

1st of all, the housing on them was very poorly designed. I had to glue one of them back together after only a few weeks use.

2nd, the "breakaway" cable that comes with these? It sucks. It sucks badly. Mine quickly got to the point where the slightest "tug" on the cable would result in it falling out of the earpiece. I put tug in quotations because to be perfectly honest, by the end of my using them, I could jump a few times and get one of them to fall out (running would cause the same, and so would a long walk). So while that makes the cable easily replaceable if something happens to it, it is ultimately more annoying than it's worth. Especially given how much I babysat the things (The little case that came with them? I actually used it. Daily.)

Personally, I've moved on to the Brainwavz R1. Admittedly, I think my XWF600s had a slightly better sound in some areas, but the R1 is far less annoying.

May 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #929 of 957
Quote:
Hello,

My headphones, XE200Pro Maya Edition, were working perfectly not 2 days ago, then yesterday the 3.5mm connector started to die on me. The connection seems incomplete and failing, as I can still position the wire in a way that allows the headphones to work. However,  it is tedious to do so every time I want to use them. I have treated these headphones very well, using the case whenever I carried them around, and now this happens. No big deal, it happens with cords. Yet they tell me the connector is bent at a weird angle the cords look like they have been damaged when I send pictures of my headphones to them after requested to do so. Seems like a cop-out to me. I was pleased with the product while it worked, had a sound signature I learned to enjoy. I just wouldn't recommend anymore after this experience. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #930 of 957
The right earpiece on my Xears TD4 went silent last week. I mailed Thomas and received this reply

Hi!
Please just send me some detailed sharp Pictures from the Bentprotection (both Sides of Plug please)
I will answer you very soon
[size=12pt]mit freundlichen Grüßen

[size=12pt] [size=12pt]www.xears.com[/size]
Thomas Sommer
[/size]

I sent him these

(two more at other angles)

Following which I received this reply,
Dear Customer,
We're sorry that you have reason for complaint.
The article is older than 15 months.
We do not expect a warranty claim,
because it will involve,
that the defect was present at the handover.
Since the article was more than 15 months in operation,
is assumed that a lack of subsequent
occurred.
A warranty is only if you as a customer before the seventh month
the so-called burden of proof are provided.
Since this evidence was present / not present is therefore no
Warranty case.
To further handling of the case and to forward
We ask our suppliers to demonstrate
that the defect already existed at delivery was with you.
We ask for your understanding,
that of the applicable legal regulations (§ 434 BGB) only one
Warranty claim must be assumed,
if such evidence is provided of the older product.
If you have further questions we are happy to assist you.
Yours sincerely,
Thomas Sommer
www.xears.com

I guess it means that xears earphones come with only 7 months warranty? And it covers only manufacturing defects that are noticed at the start (defect was present at the handover)?

Can anyone decipher/ confirm it?

I am not hating on xears. I just feel people should understand how the warranty works before they buy it.

PS: Why did he want the images if they were going to cite the warranty conditions anyway?
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back