Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 26, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #901 of 957
Anyone who likes the XPA2 with silver filters but think they could use more bass: push the silicon eartip harder onto the earphone so it covers the little hole on the side of the filter. Magic. Now you have loud boomy bass while all the other positives (bright sound with cool instrument separation) remains the same
etysmile.gif

BTW did you get the double, triple and foam tips with XPA2? I got them with XPA800 but not this time.

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #902 of 957
Quote:
Yeah I was looking at R1 as well. It would be a nobrainer at 25. Now I also found JVC HA-FX31 which is also priced in ~30€ range... I might just wait for Dsnuts review on R1 in his discovery thread and see how he compares them to FX31. Xears at 43€ just don't seem worth it any more.

I doubt that any single driver IEM can deliver the room/stage, thickness and body of this dual driver .... esp. in this price-tag 
L3000.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #903 of 957
Quote:

I doubt that any single driver IEM can deliver the room/stage, thickness and body of this dual driver .... esp. in this price-tag 
L3000.gif

No idea what dual driver does, but reading through all the threads a lot of people are impressed by it and think it's good stuff, so it does seem that R1 will be my pick (why does it always have to be the most "expensive" one?!). Thanks for recommendation!

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #905 of 957
Are  XEARS earphones made in Germany or China? I was thinking of purchasing one of their higher end products (XPA2 PRO, XSR330 PRO, MAJESTIC 700 PRO) but I'm a bit leery based on all of the problems that I have read about, reference their products....not what I normally associate with German craftsmanship!

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #906 of 957
Quote:
Are  XEARS earphones made in Germany or China? I was thinking of purchasing one of their higher end products (XPA2 PRO, XSR330 PRO, MAJESTIC 700 PRO) but I'm a bit leery based on all of the problems that I have read about, reference their products....not what I normally associate with German craftsmanship!

They're made in China.

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #907 of 957
Since I've read a couple of good reviews about the earbuds and Xears, I purchased a pair of XR120PRO III on April 18, 2012. 

While the quality of the XR120PRO III is not under discussion, maybe XEARS' customer service has changed a little bit during the years.

I was really satisfied with the earbuds (best earbuds I've ever owned) but yesterday, after 7 months on usage, they stopped working out of the blue. No tear, no damage. One moment I was listening to Rise Against, the next one they simply stopped producing any sound.

Today I wrote an email to the customer service asking for repair or replace, but they told me that there is no warranty on the item since it's 7 months old:

Dear Customer,

We're sorry that you have reason for complaint.

The article is older than 6months.
We do not expect a warranty claim,
because it will involve,
that the defect was present at the handover.

Since the article was more than 6 months in operation,
is assumed that a lack of subsequent
occurred.

A warranty is only if you as a customer before the seventh month
the so-called burden of proof are provided.
Since this evidence was present / not present is therefore no
Warranty case.

Seemingly, they are telling me that the item, event though sold to other europen countries, is not covered by the europen laws and warranty.

And when I tell them that we are talking about a pair of earbuds that are worth 80 euro ( You cannot tell me that there is only 6 a six month warranty on them...), the answer is:

i give no “Garantie”!
But 24 Month “Gewährleistung”
If you buy in Germany than German rights...

After an intense email exchange with the customer service, They ask for pictures of the Plug:

The answer is:

When i make the picture a bit bigger, i see the cable material is tired by the bentprotection. was bent too much....

I'm at loss for words. 

Just like my XR120PRO III, I'm "speechless".

So, for those out there who want to try out a pair of xears, keep in mind the 6 month warraty affair....

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #908 of 957
Those are European laws. The German "Gewährleistung" is different to the warranty some manufacturers provide. Warranty is something a manufacturer can give voluntarily (it can't be called lifetime warranty in Germany though, has to be limited) and the German counterpart is what's European law.
In simple terms it means that in the first 6 months after purchase the manufacturer (or, as it's more typical, the business that sold an item to you) has to prove a defect was your fault and not existant at the time of purchase. After these six months it's up to you, for the following 18 months, to prove the manufacturer/business that their product had already been faulty at the time of purchase.
This proof isn't a simple picture or a letter saying "it has always been like that" but you'd need some sort of certified proof (an expert assessment for example) that clearly shows why the product had to break or why the error had been there all along.
As mostly that's too expensive it means that you're safe for the first 6 months and it's up to the company after that whether you'll be compensated or not.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #910 of 957
Just wanted to chime in, that Niubi76's case isn't some random fluke. Friend of mine just had the same kind of exchange with them and he didn't get a replacement too. Same argument "not after 6 Months". I was suprised about that because I'm currently on my second replacement phones in a year from them (started with a TDIII to a TDIIIv2 to a TD4) and they were always quite helpful. Guess they still have massiv quality issues and can't afford to replace headphones every couple of months.
I think this development is sad and Thomas (the owner of Xears) should rethink his current customer strategy or he will loose them very fast.

Btw: The prices on the website are ridiculous. If you don't use "the code" I'd say you payed to much. Soundwise they make really nice headphones but the build quality is definetly not worth those prices.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #911 of 957
Well that's a nasty surprise. I didn't expect that.

On the other hand, if everyone is buying using the discount code, than we can't really wonder, do we. Some of those models are really great bang for the buck (well apart from the build quality obviously). There has to be some downside. Xears is a small OEM brand, not someone like VSonic.

On the third hand, if the standard prices (without the code) were more reasonable, there wouldn't be much need for that code.

So in the future I wouldn't be getting any products that don't have a replaceable cable.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #912 of 957
Got my Xe200PRO today. With no burn-in, my impresions are: HUGE dissapointment.
The highs are even stronger than the TD4 and the bass is even more recessed. And although it says on the site that they have a mesh cable it is not true, they have the same type of cable that the TD4 does, that tangle free crap. I think I am through with Xears for good.
Does anyone know if I can send them back ?

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #914 of 957
You're telling me it depends on the wood ??? Oh for God's sake.
I have dark-brown too but it seems that our opinions are the exact opposite.I read that XE200Pro have a darker signature but honestly that does not seem to be the case.
Listening on my Cowon D2 some pop songs had highs so pronounced that they hurt my ears on medium volume.
I really can't explain it. Maybe things will be different after burn-in or maybe the isolation on these things just doesn't suit my ears.
No problem, I foresaw this! In 2 weeks my Brainwavz should be getting here. 
I don't think I will actually return these since they are not that bad for the price and I go through a pair of buds each year thanks to extended use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back