Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Mar 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #736 of 957
Just wanted to thank everyone that's posted about the XE200Pros. I ordered with the online coupon code, and after kind of a long wait, I've been very happy with them.

I ordered the ebony black/brown model. While the packaging and accessories were obviously a little spartan, the earphones themselves are attractive and feel solid. They have a different cable than what I've seen described in previous posts, but I'd almost say it's the best cable of any of my five pairs of IEMs. Microphonics are there but not terrible for a silicone sheathed cable, and it has been totally tangle-free.I haven't found a comfortable way to wear them over the ear though because the cable's resilience make it spring up and away from the ear when worn in this manner. I am using Comply t400 foam tips, which because of their tight fit, effectively extended the nozzle, moving the wide part of the body outward, improving comfort.  

I'm comparing to my AKG-CK50s, Brainwavs Betas, MEelectronic CW21s and Soundmagic PL50s.  My sources are a Sansa Clip+ and my Galaxy Nexus phone. I also use an original Galaxy S as just a DAP now, with it's improved Voodoo Sound drivers for the Wolfson DAC.  I actually haven't tried them amped though since my amps are a little lacking (Airhead and Icon. What? I only have low impedance 'phones right now,  I'll get a better amp soon, lol)

The Xears sound much more controlled than all but my PL50, which they nearly rival in detail. Separation and soundstage are respectable, again about the best out of my IEMs. Great bass is obviously the trait that they're most known for, and they don't disappoint. Bass is impactfull while rarely overdoing it,  and doesn't intrude on the mids noticeably in the music I listen to (jazz, funk, classic rock, down-tempo, old punk). The AKGs might have a little more quantity, but the quality of the bass on the Xears is much better. Straight out of my sources they don't quite have the sub-bass or sustain for something like Flying Lotus' Tea Leaf Dancers off of Reset, unless you are willing to use EQ or bass boost in which case, they do manage. For acoustic bass and drums in jazz music like The Bad Plus or MMW , or bass rich rock like Pink Floyd, the bass is perfect, and it can also hold it's own with the beats of the Gorillaz, Blockhead, or RJD2 without any problems. The mids are nearly as good as the PL50, (which would have been my favorite IEMs if they had any bass at all). The highs are clean and forward enough for my ears, which, grain of salt, have issues with too much treble or any sort of shrillness.

Until I can fit a higher end multi-armature with good bass or a Gen1 Eterna or the like into my budget, my XE200Pro's are about as good a fit for my sound preferences as I can get/afford, so thanks again for all the info in this thread! 

Question: For my more bass heavy music, should I try the TD4?

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #737 of 957
The website has completely changed and so has the product line, it seems. The N3i is no longer listed. Does anyone know what the replacement model is? My pair of N3i’s is starting to give out (left channel reduces volume intermittently when you move the cord near the plug) and I just sent them an email about it. I wonder what the replacement will be.

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #738 of 957
I live in the UK, so from Germany, I would think it would be easier for him to ship them to me than by a country outside the EU.

There seems to be varied types of cables and structures. If memeory serves me correct, the XE200pro can have either the cloth sheathed cord, the thick rubber or now silicone sheathed. It could be the y-cord or the j-cord. There does not appear to be consistency at all.

EDIT: really like the quick response from Thomas, the guy behind Xears. He had sent my order 2 days after my transaction, so it rests solely on the logistics now.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #740 of 957

Quote:
The KLANGFUZZIS code don't seem to be working anymore. Any new code?

I just tested it, works fine for me. Maybe try re-loading the site?

Anyway I'm an owner of the TD4, and really like them, but I don't have the expertise to describe/compare. Would love to read an expert's review/comparison, especially with the XE200PRO.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #742 of 957
its worth bearing in mind that the KLANGFUZZIS code is space sensitive, so make sure when you copy and paste, you didnt accidentally add a space in front of the word, or the back.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #744 of 957

Quote: ljokerl
Originally Posted by Mad Maniak 

Dear ljokerl, a quick question: which would you prefer, Dunu Trident, Xears TD4 or Xears 200Pro?

XE200, it's the most balanced based on comparisons to the TD-III rev2 (not sure if TD4 is exactly identical to TD-III).

(Thanks to ljokerl for the reply.)
Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-232-iems-compared-fischer-audio-dba-02-mkii-added-03-25-12/6450#post_8276934

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #745 of 957
Does anyone know the expected delivery time for these products?
I have ordered on the 17th March and it has yet to arrive.
(I have already got the tracking number, so it's down to the delivery service)

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #746 of 957
Hey guys,

just thought Id update this for those for future reference.

I received these (XE200) today (12th April). In other words, the delivery time from ordering (17th March) is fairly long. Now, im a noob when it comes to knowing whether this "sounds good", so I can't expect to give a review on this. However, it sounds quite identical to Joker's review on thus far.

The cord itself is the cloth-sheathed one. It is also the J-cord, in whcih is different to Joker's sample. Pretty happy with it so far.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for their answers and conversations on this topic.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #748 of 957
HELP!

deciding between TD4 and XE PRO 200. Mainly for mainstream music but I listen to a wide range of genres. Do any of Xears earphones produce piercing sounds??? i hope not! cuz i really hate that! >.<

Also will the wood type make any difference for hearing ?

PLEASE AND THANKS A LOOOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back