Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #706 of 957
When I wrote "long" I didn't mean the time it took, but the amount of (mis)communication between me, Thomas and Paypal. I really don't know why he had to make it so complicated, he refused to refund and wrote "send me the photos with the earphones destroyed" when I clearly sent them 3 times already.

Sent from my iPhone

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #707 of 957
Hi guys, please help me decide what to buy..I originally wanted SoundMagic e10, but then i noticed Xears and now I have no idea which one would be better for me. I like bassy sound (i have cx300 atm) and nice trebles. So can you give me comparison between E10 and some higher models of Xears(xsr330,xe200,TD4 or any other simillar)? Thank you all very much.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #708 of 957

Quote:
Hi guys, please help me decide what to buy..I originally wanted SoundMagic e10, but then i noticed Xears and now I have no idea which one would be better for me. I like bassy sound (i have cx300 atm) and nice trebles. So can you give me comparison between E10 and some higher models of Xears(xsr330,xe200,TD4 or any other simillar)? Thank you all very much.

Read ljokerl's reviews.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #709 of 957
I just decided for xe200pro, but i have worries about customer service, after reading some posts on previous page, about troubles with refunding/communicating with Thomas(owner?). Can someone confirm it or deny it? Is he reliable? Thanks

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #710 of 957

Quote:

Interesting, mine aren't etched into the wood at all. Both L and R are etched into the strain reliefs on mine. Did we wind up with different models?

Another thing to note is that I'm actually struggling to wear mine behind the ears because the cable is too stiff. It keeps coming off my ear. It IS gradually conforming to the curve of my ear though. I also find that the provided tips don't give me a comfortable/decent seal, so I've scavenged old tips from my Nuforce NE-6 and Crossroads Mylarone X3i, and finally managed to get a good seal.

So far with about 20-ish hours of burn in, I'm pretty pleased with the TD4's! The mids and treble are definitely clearer than my NE-6. They are especially good on songs with a lot of vocals. Bass wise they are definitely a lot lighter than the NE-6 (famed for its bass), but are much tighter and have better speed. The soundstage is also wider than the NE-6, but less than the X3i (from memory). I do miss the amazing soundstage on the X3i, wonder if there are any budget options similar to it?

Anyway overall the TD4's are plenty worth their price!

Edit: With more burn-in time (and possibly also due to tips that fit), the sound stage has been getting noticeably larger, which I'm really pleased with!

yes you're correct they're are markings on the strain reliefs - but they're so tiny and i don't have the best eyesight even with my glasses on! On my pair there is some kind of marking on the rear of the wood on the left bud only - it looks like an L to me but could just be a part of the woods natural grain.

I have had no problems with build quality so far (unlike mdr-ex700 two pairs of which fell apart on me). I would recommend the foam tips as they offer the best fit, but they seem to limit the amount of bass compared to single flange, probably because the material in a single flange vibrates more?

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #711 of 957

Quote:
I just decided for xe200pro, but i have worries about customer service, after reading some posts on previous page, about troubles with refunding/communicating with Thomas(owner?). Can someone confirm it or deny it? Is he reliable? Thanks

td4 all day for me bro - I had the pl21s and for a few £$ more (with code) this is a purchase you won't regret :)
actually the e10 are more expensive, USE CODE - KLANGFUZZIS on checkout ;~) 

I bought a pair of n3i - it turned out to be the headset (my mistake) I had opened the sealed packet they were in but did not put them in my ears. got a swift email response and just got a refund. 10/10 for customer service

I have in fact bought another pair of the td4 - one for home one for elsewhere!

jokers 1 http://www.head-fi.org/t/453836/multi-iem-review-v-1-48-earphones-compared
jokers 2 http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-221-iems-compared-monoprice-mep-933-8320-added-02-12-12

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #713 of 957
I'm liking my TD4's very much so far, but wouldn't say they are perfect for bassheads as they are more balanced; they don't bring out the bass on all tracks, only those meant to be bass heavy. My only comparisons are old bass heavy earphones so my assessment may not be accurate. The TD4's are still more than adequate for bass heavy tracks to me though, with tight, punchy bass.

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #714 of 957
Hi everyone,

this is my first post here. Hello. :)

I remember when I bought my first earphones. I always used the stock ones as a kid, but around 15 years, I got some in-ears. After reading some reviews I decided upon getting the EP-630's (Creative's equivalent of the Sennheiser CX300). After only hearing crappy stock, non-IEMs, that was some change! I was absolutely flabbergasted.
The EP-630 have had an average life expectancy of about 6 months with me, and I've gone through a lot in the past years.

But now another one died on me, and I decided to do some more research. My mind was blown when I found ljokerl's thread* in which the CX300 got such an sub-par review. Apparently, there are even better things out there!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-229-iems-compared-altec-lansing-uhp336-ue-superfi3-hippo-10eb-added-03-11-12

After reading up a bit on the terminology, price classes etc. I've decided on getting a Xears IEM. The TD4, or XSR330PRO, probably... I haven't been able to find a consensus on the current best Xears IEM - any suggestions?

However, and this is the main point of this post, I am not sure I should even get IEMs... The EP630s I would just pop in and it would be fine. But these higher-level ones, do they require more fine-tuning when putting them in? Do they truly silence my environment? I plan on using them on-the-go, but is that even an option with higher quality IEMs? Or should I get head- / earphones of a wholly different category?

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks a lot for any help, and sorry if I missed previous answers (I did search the forum :) ).

Best regards,
MM

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #716 of 957
hello, newbie here.
I have actually been first attracted to this website because of
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-229-iems-compared-altec-lansing-uhp336-ue-superfi3-hippo-10eb-added-03-11-12
and hence i became really interested in the xears.
I have shortened my desired headphones to td4 and xe200pro. Im currently on the Visang R02 (also pretty much due to the above link), and im very happy with it. I just need a spare incase I somehow lose this one.
I like to ask what are the main differences of the td4 to it's previous iteration - the td3?
Also, which one is the logical upgrade from the R02 (my head tells me the XE200)? Is the td4 the J-Cord and the XE200 the Y-cord?
Lastly, is the td4 popular (having sold out a few times in the website, i think) because of its bass?

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #717 of 957
td4 the J-Cord and the XE200 the Y-cord?
This is true

Lastly, is the td4 popular (having sold out a few times in the website, i think) because of its bass?
Bass quantity is same may be a bit more and tight in TD4, main difference is texture.

You can check ljokerl review on TD3 and 200.
TD4 has build quality changes as compared to old, but I think the drivers and sound remains same.

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #718 of 957

Quote:
td4 the J-Cord and the XE200 the Y-cord?
This is true

Bass quantity is same may be a bit more and tight in TD4, main difference is texture.

You can check ljokerl review on TD3 and 200.
TD4 has build quality changes as compared to old, but I think the drivers and sound remains same.

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #719 of 957
My TD4's come with a Y cord, not a J cord. And it is made of thick rubber. My main problem with this design is that it is so stiff it often refuses to sit nicely over my ears, leaving me hanging onto the cable to hold it in place. But it is really tangle resistant

My Xe200Pro Walnut came with a J cord, cloth covered. Can't comment too much on this as it was given to the gf before I tried it. Seems more tangly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back