Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Dec 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #588 of 957

Quote:
Did a quick comparison with Hippo VB. XE200PRO and TD III V2 sound much better. Enjoying these so much.

Cancelled Bwavz M2 order and going for B2 instead. I hope M2 is not any better than XE200PRO and TD III V2.

I hope you like the SS of the B2 cuz I didn't. It's technically superior to most things I've heard but couldn't bear the sibilant highs and lack of low impact.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #589 of 957

Quote:
How? It just happened. At the same type right earphone case got broken and it lost a contact, now it's now even working.

You can ask for a replacement. Just e-mail Thomas @ support@xears.com . Mine broke already as well (not even a month) because the housings separated. I glued them back together and soon enough the right IEM stopped working most likely because of when it first broke, the wires were exposed.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #590 of 957
And you can glue them with no problems at at all, since Thomas won't ask you to send them back. Instead he will ask a picture with the cable cutoff and the housing smashed by a hammer. So, glue them since it might solve your problem for quite some time (or even once and for all).

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #591 of 957
Yes, but they sounded pretty cheap to me so I might be sending them back to him and getting money back. Or maybe I'll just ask for replacement, don't really sure right know.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #592 of 957
It depends, I got a pair of TD100, N3 Nature and some others for about a year with no issues at all. But yes, QC is arguable.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #593 of 957
My ultraphiles have officially lost the right side of their sound because it is broken now. I sent a mail to Thomas and I hope he could do sth to fix the problem. I was very happy with the build quality of td100-IIs I had before. I mean it wasn't top class but they were rigid enough. I barely used ultraphiles. I don't know why they broke. I haven't even put them in my pocket yet. So, the reason can't be that I was harsh to them. Might that be the heat they get after listening to them for hours?

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #595 of 957
I contacted Thomas and he told me to cut through the cable and send him a picture of it. What exactly does cutting through mean? Should I just take scissors and cut the wire off? What is the point?

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #596 of 957

Quote:
I contacted Thomas and he told me to cut through the cable and send him a picture of it. What exactly does cutting through mean? Should I just take scissors and cut the wire off? What is the point?

It's so you don't get a free replacement for a working pair... He just wants to have a picture as proof that your current pair is now unusable before sending a new one out.  It's the standard way he does replacements (read about it, mind you, haven't had any problems with any of my pairs, but they are different models).

Yes, just take scissors.  Cut close to the housing and take a picture of the IEMs themselves.

It's kind of weird but beats having to send them for RMA through the mail and waiting forever for them to arrive on the other end.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #597 of 957

Quote:
It's so you don't get a free replacement for a working pair... He just wants to have a picture as proof that your current pair is now unusable before sending a new one out.  It's the standard way he does replacements (read about it, mind you, haven't had any problems with any of my pairs, but they are different models).

Yes, just take scissors.  Cut close to the housing and take a picture of the IEMs themselves.

It's kind of weird but beats having to send them for RMA through the mail and waiting forever for them to arrive on the other end.

Ok then. It makes sense. So I should cut the both wires. Am I right? Thank you very much for the information.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #598 of 957

Quote:
Ok then. It makes sense. So I should cut the both wires. Am I right? Thank you very much for the information.

As far as I know, yes.  And you're welcome.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #599 of 957
And here I am with a channel imbalance issue in XE200PRO. For the time being, TD III V2 is a good substitute.

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #600 of 957
Well, ordered a set from Xears about a month and a half ago and haven't received anything.  The german tracking site apparently only tracks to the US, because that's the only information I've been able to find.  I emailed Thomas several times, he told me to go to the post office and see if anything was there (there wasn't, I went twice) and then he just stopped responding to my emails.  I don't know what to do at this point.  When you all received your packages you had to sign for them correct?  if so, it should be pretty easy to see that I have not received anything.  Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back