Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #286 of 957

Quote:

Both are the same
wink.gif
- except that the blog edition is a little longer and includes a couple of models more.

Another Xears collector?
eek.gif

Choose something different and do not go for all of them in one go unless Thomas has a heavily discounted offer for you. The problem with Xears is that you can never guess how they are going to sound unless someone reviews them.

How about

• XR120 Pro II
  • Nature N3i
  • XE200Pro

They should all sound a little different from each other. I only own XE200Pro, but the other two have always tempted me.

The XE200Pro is discontinued, they're replacing it with walnut. I have TD III Blackwood v2 and TD II in the mail, I'll probably sell whichever one I like least, maybe the Brainwavz B2 as well. 

Quote:
I just bought a Fiio e6 amp to go along with my XE200PRO's and it did absolutely nothing. lol.

Quote:
Even with the bass boost?

lol, I have the e6 too but I don't think these Xears need any more bass or warmth (except for XR120), but too bad it didn't do much.

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #298 of 957

Quote:
XE200PRO Walnut is my first In Ear and I like it.

So should I burn them? if yes, how should I burn them? I am using it for my iphone atm.

Yes, you should burn them in. With music, for around 50 - 100 hours. Or let them burn-in naturally in your ears. (JFYI, there are people burning-in phones for 200 hours. Sometimes is when they reach the sweet spot).

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #300 of 957
I may be getting the A330PROs, they look good if you ask me.

I think I just discovered what the "pure power" means now. I noticed the Xi200PRO requires much more power than all the other Xears earphones and it states "2x100mW pure power" whereas all the other ones have a rating of "120mW pure power". (The XE200PRO also has a rating of "200mW pure power" I just noticed)

I'm quite interested in why the A330PROs have a lower max spl and pure power rating, the only thing stopping me from getting them is that Thomas isn't on livechat! I'm only going to get them if the cable doesn't contain a massive chunk of plastic/aluminium like the Xi200PRO and XGF500PRO on the part where it joins the left and right channel.

I do know that with earphones like this, the details probably don't mean much though.

Really need to meet up with my friend and grab my XE200PRO back off him though as he's just letting it collect dust :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back