Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #226 of 957

Quote:
:frowning2:

Xi200PRO is exactly what I want. Sound signature like XE200PRO but with more bass. Xi200 was really the earphone that I wanted when I was ready to order a new IEM, but Thomas kept recommended me how the XSR is the best Xears model EVA! In the end I followed his advice......The vocals is really something I don't like with the XSR. Also how some instruments are just mashed together in the background when things get busy.

Are the vocals with the Xi200 less forward, less in your brain and have more distance between the listener and the music? Thanks for your impressions.

They are pretty much what you say,  at the end of the day Thomas is a seller, he will aim to sell things to you which will earn him profit. He also told me to get two XSR330PROs along with my Xi200PRO when I told him I need 3 but I was quite undecided but decided I have nothing to lose as my friends are mostly bassheads so if I didn't like it I'd sell it to them.

I've had the Xi200PROs in my ear continuously for a few hours now. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something odd about them. The sound just seems a tad bit empty, maybe I'm too used to my low budget warmer headphones. I'm not sure how to explain it but it just seems as if there's something missing. I just noticed the clarity in these are pretty amazing though, while the vocals are less forward than the XE200PRO I can still hear them in a "perfect position" with the instruments in the background standing out. Now that I think about it, it might not be that I'm missing something, but it's like I'm hearing more than I'm usually hearing so it sounds weird. Maybe there's something overpowering? I'm really not sure. Perhaps it's to do with soundstage?

I'm really quite confused now.

Anyway, I think the Xi200PROs are something that you'll like, from what I understand anyway. I'm still an audionoob though so it's up to you whether or not to believe in me haha.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #227 of 957

Quote:
:frowning2:

Xi200PRO is exactly what I want. Sound signature like XE200PRO but with more bass. Xi200 was really the earphone that I wanted when I was ready to order a new IEM, but Thomas kept recommended me how the XSR is the best Xears model EVA! In the end I followed his advice......The vocals is really something I don't like with the XSR. Also how some instruments are just mashed together in the background when things get busy.

Are the vocals with the Xi200 less forward, less in your brain and have more distance between the listener and the music? Thanks for your impressions.

I really think you should look at getting a pair of Brainwavz, I know your not convinced that the Alpha's or M1 are an upgrade but I'm telling you the soundstage will be right up your street.  I do have to turn the bass up a little when I go back to them but there is more detail there than with the XSR.  Or take the advice Joker gave me and get the Fischer Audio Eterna.

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #228 of 957

Great to see all these reviews guys.  I know what you mean Ulti.  Sometimes the music just sounds different from one day to the next.  On my end, it has been the tips paired with the different housings.  I have tried various and just when I thought those were perfect, I tried changing again.  I am definitely not a tri-flange user.  Don't know if my canal is not deep but I never get a good seal with them.  Also, the XGF500s w/ flat cable are heavy, so over-the-ear has solved that.

However, I think I might have found the perfect tips for my 200s and 500s (imo, of course and YMMV).  With my TDIIIs, the stock tips are perfect for me though.  The Comply S-400s that came with my Brainwavz Betas v2.  I said, what the heck and voila, the fit is great and it does not cloud the sound.  I just ordered some more. 

A little old school while I was trying them out with a Discman....lol

Quote:
 Thanks for your thoughts.  So how do you find the bass impact with the A151's?

Hi NF,

Well, I only have a couple hours on them (forgot to leave them running last night) but the bass impact is shallow compared to the Xears.  The A151s have a dark presentation.  The clarity is there and the spectrum is balanced but nothing goes too deep.  I'm an Ultrasone freak, so the "dark" presentation suits me just fine....
biggrin.gif

I've been trying all types of music from metal, edm, hip-hop and freestyle for the deep bass lines and they sound good and balanced but when I put on my TDIIIs, the depth and extension of the bass is very evident. 

I plugged them into a portable amp and they did tighten up and had a bit more air.  It was just a test, since I don't like to use portable amps with iems (to me it defeats the purpose of strapping your dap to your belt, shirt etc. and going).

But overall, I like them and they do compliment the Xears with a different sound.  The fit is very comfortable and the cable is awesome.....
beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #229 of 957
Hey guys,

Thomas has offered to give me any Xear's of my likings for 20€, for messing up my previous order! =D

I currently have XE200PRO and absolutely adore them.

Which IEM do you guys thing I should go with? I was thinking maybe something a little more bass? The Xi200PRO's are pretty, lol.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #230 of 957

Quote:

Great to see all these reviews guys.  I know what you mean Ulti.  Sometimes the music just sounds different from one day to the next.  On my end, it has been the tips paired with the different housings.  I have tried various and just when I thought those were perfect, I tried changing again.  I am definitely not a tri-flange user.  Don't know if my canal is not deep but I never get a good seal with them.  Also, the XGF500s w/ flat cable are heavy, so over-the-ear has solved that.

I'm not sure it's the burn in, I think it's just I'm hearing things I've never heard before with my other earphones. I did say that with the Xi200PROs I can tell when one of my MP3s are encoded at a low quality, I guess maybe it's to do with the clarity.

The new tri-flanges are brilliant though! I hated the old tri-flanges as they were really irritating and too long but I find the new tri-flange even gives a better fit than the supplied foam ones. I've sworn by foam tips but it seems they've done some brilliant work with the new shallow fit tri-flange tips.

I was just about to say that today when I took a walk I realised the Xi200PRO are HEAVY, it just feels like they're tugging your ear down. I'm not a fan of over-the-ear though but I'll see if I can get used to it. If not then it seems I'll have to see if any of my friends want it.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thomas has offered to give me any Xear's of my likings for 20€, for messing up my previous order! =D

I currently have XE200PRO and absolutely adore them.

Which IEM do you guys thing I should go with? I was thinking maybe something a little more bass? The Xi200PRO's are pretty, lol.

If you want more bass with the XE200PRO then the Xi200PRO may be for you, they're heavier though but they fit more nicely and provide better isolation. Due to their weight they do easily cause cable noise though and they tug down on my ear as I said above. The vocals are a bit more recessed though IMO. I'm an audionoob though so you may want to wait for some more opinions but it seems noone else is getting the Xi200PROs, either people here hate white, or they've all been led by Thomas to get the XSR330PROs haha.

I'd really love to see what Joker would say on the Xi200PROs, but unfortunately I don't have the time or money to send him mine for him to review :frowning2:

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #231 of 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckinFutz 

I really think you should look at getting a pair of Brainwavz, I know your not convinced that the Alpha's or M1 are an upgrade but I'm telling you the soundstage will be right up your street.  I do have to turn the bass up a little when I go back to them but there is more detail there than with the XSR. Or take the advice Joker gave me and get the Fischer Audio Eterna.

Though I said i'm not getting Brainwavz anymore, the ProAlpha's and M2 are actually still one of the IEMs i'm intersted in, together with the Soundmagic E10 and Xi200PRO.
Just that i'm not sure i'll get any of them lol. Don't want to get burned again. I'm not sure i'll get a good fit with the Eterna's. They are somewhat similar to the Resonance and they constantly fall out or hard to get a good fit. I'm not someone who pulls open the drawer and pick a IEM because today I want to listen to a specific genre and pick another IEM to listen to a different genre. I'm really someone who buys a IEM and sticks with it for quite a long time.

Quote:
The vocals are a bit more recessed though IMO. I'm an audionoob though so you may want to wait for some more opinions but it seems noone else is getting the Xi200PROs, either people here hate white, or they've all been led by Thomas to get the XSR330PROs haha.

Recessed means the vocals are more hollow sounding? What about the distancing? I take it they are farther away than vocals with the XSR (they are as close as they get) Can you compare the vocals with the XE200PRO, clarity, distance etc.? Thanks!!

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #232 of 957

Quote:
Recessed means the vocals are more hollow sounding? What about the distancing? I take it they are farther away than vocals with the XSR (they are as close as they get) Can you compare the vocals with the XE200PRO, clarity, distance etc.? Thanks!!

Ah seems I understood "recessed" wrong, I thought that it meant the sound was more distant, like further back, it's what I meant. I feel they're a bit too far though, if they were a bit closer like the XE200PRO or TD-IIIs then the Xi200PRO would be perfect for me (well if they were lighter too). It seems to me that the Xi200PRO may have more clarity too.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #233 of 957

Quote:
Ah seems I understood "recessed" wrong, I thought that it meant the sound was more distant, like further back, it's what I meant. I feel they're a bit too far though, if they were a bit closer like the XE200PRO or TD-IIIs then the Xi200PRO would be perfect for me (well if they were lighter too). It seems to me that the Xi200PRO may have more clarity too.

Don't say you understood it wrong lol. I'm not sure myself. If you call yourself a noob, I must be a supernoob..... When you say the Xi200PRO have more clarity, do you mean the vocals or the overal sound it produces? Also, do you think the bass thickness is similar to the XSR or are they more pleasant?

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #234 of 957
Hey guys, great forum. Maybe you guys can help me? What is the best Xears Product? What should I buy? I'm confused I wanna buy the XGF500, but it's not rly good, right? Damnn..

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #235 of 957

Quote:
Don't say you understood it wrong lol. I'm not sure myself. If you call yourself a noob, I must be a supernoob..... When you say the Xi200PRO have more clarity, do you mean the vocals or the overal sound it produces? Also, do you think the bass thickness is similar to the XSR or are they more pleasant?

Well let's say we're both audionoobs :) I think the clarity in both them are pretty similar, the xi200pro definitely has more clarity overall though. To check clarity in vocals I'd really need to have my XE200PROs out but my friend has them :frowning2:

I think the bass thickness is very similar to the XSR, I'd even say the whole bass reproduction is almost the same as the XSR but in the XSR they seemed to sound nicer, in the Xi200PRO the bass is a little bit overpowering IMO.

Quote:
Hey guys, great forum. Maybe you guys can help me? What is the best Xears Product? What should I buy? I'm confused I wanna buy the XGF500, but it's not rly good, right? Damnn..

It really depends on what your music taste/requirements are and the environment you'll be using them in.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #236 of 957
Well let's say we're both audionoobs :) I think the clarity in both them are pretty similar, the xi200pro definitely has more clarity overall though. To check clarity in vocals I'd really need to have my XE200PROs out but my friend has them :frowning2:

I think the bass thickness is very similar to the XSR, I'd even say the whole bass reproduction is almost the same as the XSR but in the XSR they seemed to sound nicer, in the Xi200PRO the bass is a little bit overpowering IMO.

It really depends on what your music taste/requirements are and the environment you'll be using them in.

Yeah true, my music taste? :/ Pop,RnB,Hip Hop, Rock,Dubstep.. and much more. I will use them for my iPhone 4

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #237 of 957

Quote:
Yeah true, my music taste? :/ Pop,RnB,Hip Hop, Rock,Dubstep.. and much more. I will use them for my iPhone 4

Personally I would either get the TDIII, XSR330PRO or the XGF500PRO for them. (Note I'm an audionoob so take my recommendations with a pinch of salt!)

The TDIII offers a very warm sound which is actually quite balanced. The fit is pretty nice and so isolation is pretty good. The build quality is above average with the housing made from wood and plastic. The v2s have a cloth cable and they're j-corded, I notice many people on Head-Fi do not like j-cords.

The XSR330PRO offers an "in your face" sound with higher bass than the TDIII (IIRC) with the vocals really extending out towards you. However, I feel the highs and mids along with the vocals bleed into each other but you may like that effect. They're probably the lightest out of the 3 as it's made from plastic and the flat cable seems ok. The fit is the nicest out of the 3 and has the best isolation IMO. The build quality of the housing seems pretty poor in comparison with the others though.

The XGF500PRO I haven't really used for a long time but I remember the bass was very punchy too and the clarity was quite good, probably the best out of these 3. I would say these are not as warm as the TDIIIs and the XSR330PROs and the vocals were further than in the XSR330PRO and slightly lower than the TDIIIs too. The fit is quite loose and as the headphones are quite heavy the isolation isn't as good if you move about. The build quality is the best out of the 3 with the aluminium housing but I fear it will break over time.

The rest is for you to decide (or if other Head-Fiers help you :))

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #238 of 957

Quote:

But if you compare it to the XSR? How's the clarity in vocals and sound in general? We have similar taste in music, I listen to loads of KPop, CPop and JPop, so if you like the Xi200PRO, I might too :)

I just ordered a bunch of KPop CDs, but I can't enjoy them fully with the XSR :frowning2:

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #239 of 957

Quote:
But if you compare it to the XSR? How's the clarity in vocals and sound in general? We have similar taste in music, I listen to loads of KPop, CPop and JPop, so if you like the Xi200PRO, I might too :)

I just ordered a bunch of KPop CDs, but I can't enjoy them fully with the XSR :frowning2:

I think the clarity in the vocals of them both are around the same but again the clarity in the sound is much, much better. The XSR330PRO sometimes sounds like it's just "raging" haha. Seems we do have quite similar tastes in music, but I feel the Xi200PRO's vocals are slightly too far back for me to perfectly like so it may be the same with you. I feel the TDIII has better "vocal placement"?

KPop generally has a lot of bass so I'm not sure if these work that well. I don't really enjoy the bass in the Xi200PROs, I just listened to Twinkle Twinkle by Girl's Day and HUH by 4Minute and the bass is really reaching my tolerance for it haha. I like bass, but not this much!

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #240 of 957

Quote:
I think the clarity in the vocals of them both are around the same but again the clarity in the sound is much, much better. The XSR330PRO sometimes sounds like it's just "raging" haha. Seems we do have quite similar tastes in music, but I feel the Xi200PRO's vocals are slightly too far back for me to perfectly like so it may be the same with you. I feel the TDIII has better "vocal placement"?

KPop generally has a lot of bass so I'm not sure if these work that well. I don't really enjoy the bass in the Xi200PROs, I just listened to Twinkle Twinkle by Girl's Day and HUH by 4Minute and the bass is really reaching my tolerance for it haha. I like bass, but not this much!

Really? :frowning2:  Then they might not be for me either, if the clarity in the vocals are the same as the XSR.... Maybe the XE200PRO is the best of the bunch (?) I was listening to Kahi's Gift with the XSR and it's just a complete mess, piano sounds off and vocals are muddy imo. You should try listening to Hot Issue, it will damage your brains lol. True, KPop has lots of bass, but I think it works well if the bass is, punchy and precise. Yeah, vocal placement is extremely important, to have the perfect distance between the listener and the music. Don't you think the XE200PRO is better than the TD-III?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back