Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Sep 30, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #151 of 957
Still waiting for user reviews of the Xi200, perhaps if my student finances come through I'll go and order both. Unfortunately my TDIIIs broke and I sold my XGF500PRO and XE200PRO to my friends as they wanted headphones and I decided I could wait.

I did ask Thomas and he said there were new models going to be released soon yet again though so I'm not sure if I should play the waiting game...

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #153 of 957
You will never buy any of his earphones, since Thomas literally releases new models every month.

Well I've already got the TDIII, XGF500PRO and XE200PRO so that statement is false. :p

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #154 of 957
Well I've already got the TDIII, XGF500PRO and XE200PRO so that statement is false. :p

Well, hypothetically speaking that statement would be true :p Thomas comes with 3-4 new models every month and if you keep playing the waiting game, you can literally wait till Thomas retires...... If you have the XGF, which is a high-end September model, I would wait till 2012 to buy a new Xears earphones. I don't think there's gonna be huge differences between the XGF, Xi and XSR models. Thomas said they were all equally good and have their pros and cons.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #156 of 957
That's the thing that I have figued out with Xears, imo.  You have to pick a model and if it's to your liking then that's great.  Out of the three I own, the differences are not huge but they all bring something different to the table and sound great.  Thomas & Co. are going to keep pumping them out and that's great, but look at it as if you want to add to your collection, not replace the ones you have.

That being said, the 330s definitely have my interest...But I have to behave....lol

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #157 of 957
Just waiting a few days and will buy the XSR (advice by Thomas)

But someone know the difference between the 3 top Xears XSR, XGF and XE200 ?
I'm looking for the more detailed IEM

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #158 of 957
Hi I have recently received my order of 2x XRS300PRO's 1x MGF500PRO's and the XRS's are better hands down over the XGF's for detail and they are far betterif your looking for neutral IEM's. The XGF's I got for my mate because he's into techno and that's the direction they're running. I have done around 50 hours of burn in at 70/30 pink/white at 48% volume with listening demo's in between with both and they're both wonderful IEM's.
I listen to various genre and the XRS are my thing being neutral. I might buy some XGF for hip hop for myself in the near future.

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #159 of 957
Sorry I mean XGF500PRO.
Typing mistake on my iphone without glasses on.
I will switch to pc later.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #161 of 957

The XRS300PRO

My personal view
I´m a 42 year old ex soldier with maybe slightly shot ears? (My wife says i`m F-in deaf anyway?)
First off i´m no Audiophile so just listen up and don`t start slagging me off, but i`m a massive fan of good music/video and i hunt around (till i find the sound and picture that i QUOTE like most)
I listen to all types of music from Alternative thru to Jazz , Blues thru to Hip Hop , Classic thru to Rock.
The problem with IEM`S is you can`t demo!

The XRS300PRO.
They have Y cables that are more than long enough just be careful when cutting the grass that you don`t chew the cable.
Thomas delivered the blue tip engineering foams as-well which are great.
I wear them over ear as opposed to hanging.
With my burn-in escapades i have previously mentioned.

The Highs : They are high but not too much and crytsal clear. (BEYONCE wow, Pink Floyd)

The Mids : They are present which i cant say for a lot of/ most IEM`s (Eels,Elbow,Lambchop)

The Bass : The question is how low do you want to go? Me not too much but i still want to hear and feel a little BOOOOM. (50 Cent,Yello)

The soundstage : Is big bang wallop.Very large you just get drawn into the music. You name it it`s flying all around your turnip.

Overall : Very neutral to (my) ears,the highs,mids and bass seam to flow into one another very nicely with not one of them standing out or
commanding the stage for itself.
They are defo getting better after the burn-in (advice only)
Are they my best IEM`s so far? Well no not yet but getting up to the summit ( and future beyond ) my broken Senn`s ( Sennheiser CX 980 not bad IEM`s) yes.

For Ipod or Iphone users the 2 burn in Apps i use are SonicBurn and Burn in both have pros and cons.(FREE)

My cans i use are B&W P5`s and i love the sound on them ( A bit on the WARM side) after trying various other cans before buying.(300 Euro price tag region)
Sennheiser ( I live in Germany ) both cable and wireless , Monster beat various, Sony various, AKG 702`s , Shure various and around 20 other makes and various models.
These are the makes and models i demo`d before going for my B&W so you can see i didn`t rush or buy per pr§ce tag.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #162 of 957
Yeah MGF is my previous car :D

Tks for your feedback, I'm now sure to buy XSR330

Read My little write up first mate coz it might not be what your looking for!
The XGF`s sound awesome too don`t get me wrong and others might disagree with my review of the XRS`s !
Mine are really good quality and build and defo uo there with top brands, the XGF`s for my mate are also top notch build.
I got a fantastic offer from Thomas for 4 pairs of IEM´s.
2 x XRS300PRO`s 1 for me 1 for my girl
1 x XGF500PRO`s 1 for my mate
1 x Powerball PB120 for my 10 year old son. Awesome little IEM`s Great sound (similar to my old Sennheiser CX 300 II but better imo )

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #163 of 957
Do any of you guy`s us a portable DAC/AMP with IEM`S ?

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #164 of 957
The XGF`s sound awesome too don`t get me wrong and others might disagree with my review of the XRS`s !
Mine are really good quality and build and defo uo there with top brands, the XGF`s for my mate are also top notch build.
1 x Powerball PB120 for my 10 year old son. Awesome little IEM`s Great sound (similar to my old Sennheiser CX 300 II but better imo )

I'm looking for the more detailed and the better soundstage of them.
My listening is essentialy metal, with some rock/prog (so need bass but not too much)

I find your review with all of these, I ordered and I will listen, and post my feelings next.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #165 of 957

I'm looking for the more detailed and the better soundstage of them.
My listening is essentialy metal, with some rock/prog (so need bass but not too much)

I find your review with all of these, I ordered and I will listen, and post my feelings next.

Well said mate.
Do you have a recording that you know is really good quality coz thats what i would listen to. My reference is from About Group ( start and complete) coz it's a stunningly well recorded ALAC lossless. High's , Mid's and Low's are all present in great quality.
What's your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back