Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Sep 27, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #136 of 957

Quote:
Well Thomas has been very helpful.  I asked if I could be supplied a different model as replacement for the XT2 Pro and asked for suggestions, he mentioned the XSR330PRO for an extra 10Euro so I've gone with that.  I'll let you know how they sound in comparison.....hopefully they won't have a driver issue as well
smily_headphones1.gif

So how much did you had to pay for the XSR330PRO? Is the extra 10 euro added on top of another amount? Or do you mean you got to buy it for 10 euro + 8 euro shipping? What is the total price with shipping you had to pay? I'm asking becasue i'm interested in the XSR as well :)

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #137 of 957

Quote:
Well Thomas has been very helpful.  I asked if I could be supplied a different model as replacement for the XT2 Pro and asked for suggestions, he mentioned the XSR330PRO for an extra 10Euro so I've gone with that.  I'll let you know how they sound in comparison.....hopefully they won't have a driver issue as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I'll be anxiously waiting for your feedback on those new XSR330PRO! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #138 of 957

Quote:
So how much did you had to pay for the XSR330PRO? Is the extra 10 euro added on top of another amount? Or do you mean you got to buy it for 10 euro + 8 euro shipping? What is the total price with shipping you had to pay? I'm asking becasue i'm interested in the XSR as well :)

Works out the same as buying the XSR330PRO and using the code HeatFan12 put on this thread earlier......about 40Euro.

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #139 of 957
well if you livechat with thomas he might give out some crazy deals, he let me choose any IEM for 20 euro + 8 euro shipping one time

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #140 of 957

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice NF....Congratz.....Looking forward to your impressions...
beerchug.gif

In reference to Thomas, his customer service is A+++.  Everytime I visit the site and ask a question, I am always tempted to buy....lol

Yesterday, I asked him about the cable of the 330s (J or Y cord), Y-cord btw, and I almost put them in my cart afterwards..but I have to behave for a little while....
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #141 of 957

Quote:
Nice NF....Congratz.....Looking forward to your impressions...
beerchug.gif

In reference to Thomas, his customer service is A+++.  Everytime I visit the site and ask a question, I am always tempted to buy....lol

Yesterday, I asked him about the cable of the 330s (J or Y cord), Y-cord btw, and I almost put them in my cart afterwards..but I have to behave for a little while....
biggrin.gif

Indeed he does seem like a nice chap.  It's only good for business to have good PR.

Good question on the 330's, hadn't thought to ask.....good time being a 'Y'
smily_headphones1.gif

I will post my impressions of course but please bare in mind I do prefer a U or V shaped response, probably not very audiophile but who cares! 

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #143 of 957
Has anyone received or heard anything about the Xi200PROs yet?

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #144 of 957

Quote:
Has anyone received or heard anything about the Xi200PROs yet?

I chatted with Thomas, he said XSR is better than the Xi200. He was constantly recommending the XSR to me, literally throughout the entire conversation. Though he said the XSR, Xi and XGF are his top earphones right now. I was actually more interested in the Xi200 and he told me I can have them both, the XSR and Xi for 50 euro's. Great deal, but in the end I just went for one, the XSR, since i'm already spending way too much. I'm gonna trust him on this one.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #145 of 957
Hope we see some in reviews if the XSR and XGF are apparently(?) better then the XE200PRO. How is the Xi200PRO different from the XE200PRO? Do the naming schemes mean anything? 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #146 of 957

Quote:
I chatted with Thomas, he said XSR is better than the Xi200. He was constantly recommending the XSR to me, literally throughout the entire conversation. Though he said the XSR, Xi and XGF are his top earphones right now. I was actually more interested in the Xi200 and he told me I can have them both, the XSR and Xi for 50 euro's. Great deal, but in the end I just went for one, the XSR, since i'm already spending way too much. I'm gonna trust him on this one.

To me it seems the Xi200PRO would have a better fit though, the XSR330s look a bit too shallow to me?

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #147 of 957

Thomas told me XGF is for bigger ears M-L, and the other two, XSR and Xi are for S-M ears. And you are talking about the design of the XSR? Yeah, I think the XGF are better or more special in design. The Xi looks pretty standard though. The XSR is gonna be the last earphone I buy for quite a while,  I bought so many (and other stuff) in the last few weeks. So I hope Thomas is right and it is his Supreme Reference Hammer earphones, like he told me.
Quote:
To me it seems the Xi200PRO would have a better fit though, the XSR330s look a bit too shallow to me?

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #148 of 957

Quote:
Lol...Favorite?  That's a dangerous word around here....
biggrin.gif

What you will gain with the 500s is better clarity and better mids w/ less bass.  I consider it an upgrade for the detail retrieval.  That being said, the TD IIIs were my first Xears and I am totally happy with them.  The bass impact is great for what I listen to.  Would I be happy with the TD IIIs only if I would not have purchased the other two?....Yes......Would I consider selling the other two?...No....Different presentation is always a good thing...
beerchug.gif

Well, Thomas & Co. are still putting them out...I need to stop checking their site....lol

Brand new- XSR330PRO...How about someone taking one for the team...Red flat cable very nice indeed.....Coupon code is good- KLANGFUZZIS...Added it to my cart and checked but I have to stop spending $$$....

LOL I've been doing the same too... adding headphones to the cart and applying the discount code, but not confirming the order. Ordered the XE200PRO less than 2 weeks ago. Bought the Sunrise Xcape IE in the shop (lendmeurears) in the mean time. Loved the Xcape, but when the XE200PRO arrived yesterday, liked the latter's sound more. The eartips on the Xcape fit better though.

Also I wish I knew which Xears model is the best, for me, and as intended, since the descriptions on the website are very similar from one model to the next, and the prices there seem to be a less reliable indicator than usual. For instance, I've read in this forum that the guy running Xears says the XSR330PRO is the best of the lot, but it's not the most expensive. Then again, they all work out to be 30 EUR when you use the discount code...  

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #149 of 957
Thomas told me it's cheaper than XGF and Xi because it's made of plastic. Though i'm not sure using a aluminium shell would bump the price with an additional 20 EUR. Though the price is in line with XE200 which is a very good earphone with a lot of happy owners. But he was recommending the XSR to me over the more expensive XGF and Xi models.

Quote:
Also I wish I knew which Xears model is the best, for me, and as intended, since the descriptions on the website are very similar from one model to the next, and the prices there seem to be a less reliable indicator than usual. For instance, I've read in this forum that the guy running Xears says the XSR330PRO is the best of the lot, but it's not the most expensive. Then again, they all work out to be 30 EUR when you use the discount code...  

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #150 of 957
Hi all,

Same yesterday, Thomas told me the XSR are the best because the cable is more durable, the sound is the most detailed and very good in bass.
After that he told me for him the best are XSR, XGF and X200 Pro, but he hardly recommen XSR.

Maybe the firm wants to sell only stock of XSR ?????

I'm looking for the best detailed Xears, someone can confirme the XSR is better than X200 ?
Tks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back