Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #106 of 957
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a set of xears but I just can't seem to decide on which model to get. These ones in particular have caught my though.

XE200PRO
NATURE N3i
TD III V2
XGF500PRO

Basically all of the higher end IEM.

As for my taste of music, mainly EDM (dubstep, trance, house, electro), indie, power pop, punk pop, hip-hop, and alternitive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #107 of 957
With only a few days left on their warranty, Thomas kindly replaced my old and faithful but broken TD100's with the TD-III V2s and gave me a deal on a second pair too which are yet to arrive, I have to say, their customer service is top notch. The V2s arrived today, popped on some sony hybrids and my god, I missed the sound sig of these babies. They are so very similar to the old 100s, immediately I notice vocals sound a tad more forward, bass is punchier but it somehow still manages virtually no bleed. Music comes to life and sounds so rich and fun. I listen to IDM, ambient, post-rock, dubstep and some indie. I am finding them quite immersive with any kind of electronic music, must be the enveloping low end with enough detail to satisfy making them shine. Same amount of driver flex on these as my old pair which is annoying for a second when putting them in, but a tiny price to pay for the sound quality... These definitely have the edge over the 100s, I am a fan of the woven cable too, so much nicer. Will always make sure to have two pairs so I don't have to suffer without again!
biggrin.gif

I find it very hard to find headphones with good isolation, a large yet clean bass response without muffling, sibilance or ear piercing highs which I am sensitive to, these fit the bill perfectly.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #108 of 957

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a set of xears but I just can't seem to decide on which model to get. These ones in particular have caught my though.

XE200PRO
NATURE N3i
TD III V2
XGF500PRO

Basically all of the higher end IEM.

As for my taste of music, mainly EDM (dubstep, trance, house, electro), indie, power pop, punk pop, hip-hop, and alternitive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not listened to the N3i, but out of the other three, anyone one of them would suit your needs.  For a tad more bass presence, I would go with the TDIIIs or 200s.

@DeadWaves- Congratz...Yes, dealing with Thomas has always been great.  He goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #109 of 957

Quote:

I have not heard the N3i, but out of the other three, anyone one of them would suit your needs.  For a tad more bass presence, I would go with the TDIIIs or 200s.

@DeadWaves- Congratz...Yes, dealing with Thomas has always been great.  He goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

What are the major differences between the TDIII and the 200?

I also see they just added the Xi200PRO, any info on these?

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #112 of 957
I tried that code yesterday, and it didn't give me a discount - :frowning2:

Maybe they've finally twigged that it's not a good business model to sell é100 phones for like a 3rd of the price!

EDIT - tried again today, and it's fine! May have been because I tried from my phone!

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #113 of 957

Quote:
@heatfan

can you comment on how the mids compare for the 500s and the 200s?

Hello EraserXIV,

Mids presentation between the two, goes to the 500s (between all three rather, TD III as well).  The more I listen to the 500s, the more they grow on me.  When I swap from the 500s to the 200s, that's where it's very evident that they just do everything in balanced mode with nothing too overpowering.  At first I thought the crisp highs were going to get to me, but the more I listen, I really enjoy the clarity kick...lol

Quote:
HeatFan12, how do you think the new XGF500PRO compare to the TD III in terms of bass impact? You say the highs on the 500 are clearer, but what about the mids, comparing to the TD III?

Thanks.

Hello putente,

Bass impact goes to the TD IIIs definitely.  Defined and deep.  Not to say the 500s are bass light, it's tight indeed, just does not go as deep as the TD III.  In doing so, the mids shine to the forefront with the highs right there to welcome them.

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #114 of 957
Thanks for the input. I was about to order the XGF500, but i changed my order instead to the new Xi200pro to see how it compares with the XE200pro that I got as well. Now I'm getting a bit curious about the XGF500 though...

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #115 of 957

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I was about to order the XGF500, but i changed my order instead to the new Xi200pro to see how it compares with the XE200pro that I got as well. Now I'm getting a bit curious about the XGF500 though...

Nice....Congratz....They are pumping them out indeed.  It's going to be tough to keep up with all the numbers.  How do you like the XE200PRO?

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #116 of 957

Quote:
Congratz jail......I personally don't know.  Never thought of adding an amp to the Xears mix.  I'll charge a 9V and plug them into a portable amp and report back...

Congratz NF...Post your impressions upon arrival...

Well they arrived today, on first listen I'm not sure.  They are not as bassy as I expected, distinctly less than my ProAlpha's which is a surprise.  Mids are certainly more prominent than either ProAlpha or CAL!.....which is difficult for me as I'm used to a more reccessed sound.  Treble is nice though, definately adding some sparkle to tracks with no sibilance (as yet).  Going to give them a good burn in but as it stands I still prefer the ProAlpha which, to me at least, has better bass and super smoooooooooth!  Mind you as I'm writing this I am thinking about EQ, I will give this a tweak and see how it goes.

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #117 of 957
Well they arrived today, on first listen I'm not sure.  They are not as bassy as I expected, distinctly less than my ProAlpha's which is a surprise.  Mids are certainly more prominent than either ProAlpha or CAL!.....which is difficult for me as I'm used to a more reccessed sound.  Treble is nice though, definately adding some sparkle to tracks with no sibilance (as yet).  Going to give them a good burn in but as it stands I still prefer the ProAlpha which, to me at least, has better bass and super smoooooooooth!  Mind you as I'm writing this I am thinking about EQ, I will give this a tweak and see how it goes.

Hello NF..You ordered the Xears Xtreme XT2 PRO?

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #119 of 957

Quote:
Hello putente,

Bass impact goes to the TD IIIs definitely.  Defined and deep.  Not to say the 500s are bass light, it's tight indeed, just does not go as deep as the TD III.  In doing so, the mids shine to the forefront with the highs right there to welcome them.

So, from your experience, from the ones you have, which are your favourite? As an all-rounder, of course...
wink_face.gif

I'm very very happy with my TDIII's, and I'm just trying to figure out if i'll gain anything more from buying the new 500's...
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #120 of 957

Quote:
So, from your experience, from the ones you have, which are your favourite? As an all-rounder, of course...
wink_face.gif

I'm very very happy with my TDIII's, and I'm just trying to figure out if i'll gain anything more from buying the new 500's...
biggrin.gif

Lol...Favorite?  That's a dangerous word around here....
biggrin.gif

What you will gain with the 500s is better clarity and better mids w/ less bass.  I consider it an upgrade for the detail retrieval.  That being said, the TD IIIs were my first Xears and I am totally happy with them.  The bass impact is great for what I listen to.  Would I be happy with the TD IIIs only if I would not have purchased the other two?....Yes......Would I consider selling the other two?...No....Different presentation is always a good thing...
beerchug.gif

Well, Thomas & Co. are still putting them out...I need to stop checking their site....lol

Brand new- XSR330PRO...How about someone taking one for the team...Red flat cable very nice indeed.....Coupon code is good- KLANGFUZZIS...Added it to my cart and checked but I have to stop spending $$$....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back