XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #1,591 of 2,272
Hi Ben,
I did ordered the mini pci-e opamp riser, but have problem in securing it with the screw.

The riser has both screw holes different from the original op amp board (illustrated below with the op amp board upside down).

So just wonder how we can secure the riser board to the original op amp space in the XD05PRO please?

You can measure and cut a piece of any plastic card and glue it to that blue riser. After you can measure and make small holes for srews to fit in place :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_161940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_161940_Chrome.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 0
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #1,592 of 2,272
Hi Ben,
I did ordered the mini pci-e opamp riser, but have problem in securing it with the screw.

The riser has both screw holes different from the original op amp board (illustrated below with the op amp board upside down).

So just wonder how we can secure the riser board to the original op amp space in the XD05PRO please?

Did you try it already? Does it work properly? Does it affect sound in any way? I will also order this blue riser. I wish that Xduoo made dedicated riser for this op-amp board, or dedicated op amp board with upper op-amp connections...sadly that we have to find solutions ourselves... 😮‍💨

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,593 of 2,272
Did you try it already? Does it work properly? Does it affect sound in any way? I will also order this blue riser. I wish that Xduoo made dedicated riser for this op-amp board, or dedicated op amp board with upper op-amp connections...sadly that we have to find solutions ourselves... 😮‍💨
Well I didn't manage to secure the riser, so never tried to see if and how it works with the other op amp like Burson V6.

Thanks for the advice on DIY the rise board and secure the screw. Will give it a try. Guess should not be too hard even though I am not a hands-on DIY person.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #1,594 of 2,272

Some time ago, I picked up 4 of these single OP-AMPs and their adapter PCBs that turn them into dual OP-AMPs.

I've been meaning to try them, but haven't been able to yet.

However the probability of them working on XD05 is very low due to their power requirements.

They require +/- 9 volts of power (instead of the +/- 8V available) and have a typical quiescent current of 25mA (for single OP-AMP, therefore 50mA for the dual configuration) against the approximately 27 mA of the SS3602 (which are already in double configuration).

So essentially they draw double the current.

I'm afraid they will therefore send the XD05 power supply into protection mode, just as the STACCATO do (which absorb 60mA).

They are OP-AMPs that consume a lot (keep in mind that the standard OPA 1612 consume around 7mA in dual configuration).

We should create a DIY board similar to the one I made some time ago, but equipped with a 'clean' analogue power supply line and capable of providing more current than the XD05 can provide for the OP-AMPs.

Very demanding job.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,595 of 2,272
Some time ago, I picked up 4 of these single OP-AMPs and their adapter PCBs that turn them into dual OP-AMPs.

I've been meaning to try them, but haven't been able to yet.

However the probability of them working on XD05 is very low due to their power requirements.

They require +/- 9 volts of power (instead of the +/- 8V available) and have a typical quiescent current of 25mA (for single OP-AMP, therefore 50mA for the dual configuration) against the approximately 27 mA of the SS3602 (which are already in double configuration).

So essentially they draw double the current.

I'm afraid they will therefore send the XD05 power supply into protection mode, just as the STACCATO do (which absorb 60mA).

They are OP-AMPs that consume a lot (keep in mind that the standard OPA 1612 consume around 7mA in dual configuration).

We should create a DIY board similar to the one I made some time ago, but equipped with a 'clean' analogue power supply line and capable of providing more current than the XD05 can provide for the OP-AMPs.

Very demanding job.
Thank You for this very useful information 👍

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,597 of 2,272
even tho they are called "SPARKOS LABS SS2590 PRO Dual Discrete OPA" which already contains Dual?
I was not talking about the older "SPARKOS LABS SS2590 PRO Single Discrete OPA"
I hope you noticed the dimensions as well. The SS2590s are exactly double in dimensions compared to the SS3602s. In other words not meant for portable devices like the XD05Pro unless you wanna convert the XD05Pro to a Transformer like some of our guys do here in which case it won’t be so portable anymore and will probably look ugly lying on your desk :D

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #1,598 of 2,272
Good day everyone!
I recently purchased xduoo xd05 pro.
I want to change the operational amplifiers to Burson Audio V7 Classic. But I don’t know if they will fit into the xd05 pro’s height.
Height Burson Audio V7 Classic 20mm.
Please tell me.
v7.png

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #1,599 of 2,272
Good day everyone!
I recently purchased xduoo xd05 pro.
I want to change the operational amplifiers to Burson Audio V7 Classic. But I don’t know if they will fit into the xd05 pro’s height.
Height Burson Audio V7 Classic 20mm.
Please tell me.
They will not fit inside XD05PRO. But you can use these with additional op-amp board extender-riser, or two dip8 flat flexible extenders. Check some posts above 👆

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,600 of 2,272
I hope you noticed the dimensions as well. The SS2590s are exactly double in dimensions compared to the SS3602s. In other words not meant for portable devices like the XD05Pro unless you wanna convert the XD05Pro to a Transformer like some of our guys do here in which case it won’t be so portable anymore and will probably look ugly lying on your desk :D
no i clearly did not :sob: :beyersmile:

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #1,603 of 2,272
Anyone still on the fence HiFiGo spring sale cheapest I have seen on the XDUOO XD05 Pro
Screenshot_20240313_201340_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
Screenshot_20240313_201340_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
FB_IMG_1710452622220.jpg

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,604 of 2,272
Xduoo XD05 Pro + Sparkos + Thieaudio Prestige LTD.... My brain not braining anymorr, that bassssssssss and clarity, I been using headphones untill now, and this is so far my favourite combo 🤯🤤🤤🤤🤤🫠🫠🫠🫠 I'm melting awayyyy
Zamn... I want to upgrade from my xduoo XD05 bal2 to the XD05 pro now 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back