XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,561 of 2,338
Shot Andrew a message about a possibility of a SS3603. Make it the height of the SS3602 with the socket riser, if possible a little shorter. And make the width of the op amp a little less too. So it can fit in the XD05 Pro. Awaiting a response haha 😁.

Edit.

He replied that he has no plans for any future Op amps right now. But when the times comes for something new. It is something to think about and he really likes the idea. So no SS3603 any time soon. But it is a possibility hahaha. I tried, but wow, really friendly guy he is 😊. Been listening more and more with the XD05 Pro and all I can say is this thing is amazing. Beyond all the power you could ever need for most headphones, unless maybe Susvara. I can't comment because I don't have them. But He1000 stealth, Ananda Nano, HD800s, Sash Tres 45, ZMF Atrium, Audeze LCD-X/M500/LCD-5, Focal Clear OG/MG, Utopia, Radiance and many others. Yet, the XD05 Pro has not failed to impress me. Love it 😁

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #1,562 of 2,338
Shot Andrew a message about a possibility of a SS3603. Make it the height of the SS3602 with the socket riser, if possible a little shorter. And make the width of the op amp a little less too. So it can fit in the XD05 Pro. Awaiting a response haha 😁.

Edit.

He replied that he has no plans for any future Op amps right now. But when the times comes for something new. It is something to think about and he really likes the idea. So no SS3603 any time soon. But it is a possibility hahaha. I tried, but wow, really friendly guy he is 😊. Been listening more and more with the XD05 Pro and all I can say is this thing is amazing. Beyond all the power you could ever need for most headphones, unless maybe Susvara. I can't comment because I don't have them. But He1000 stealth, Ananda Nano, HD800s, Sash Tres 45, ZMF Atrium, Audeze LCD-X/M500/LCD-5, Focal Clear OG/MG, Utopia, Radiance and many others. Yet, the XD05 Pro has not failed to impress me. Love it 😁
How does the XD05 Pro sounds with your focal clears and radiance I'm curious?

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #1,567 of 2,338
How does the XD05 Pro sounds with your focal clears and radiance I'm curious?
Extremely good. The dynamics are off the charts. Heaps of slam and speed. Detail and clarity without sacrificing musicality. Very nice combo 😊. It lets the headphone shine and show what they can do while also adding that touch of sweetness and fun

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #1,568 of 2,338
Extremely good. The dynamics are off the charts. Heaps of slam and speed. Detail and clarity without sacrificing musicality. Very nice combo 😊. It lets the headphone shine and show what they can do while also adding that touch of sweetness and fun
Excellent to hear that, I've been ogling this "portable" amp from some time now, right now I have the Shanling H5 and it also drives all my focals, but specially the Clears extremely well and they sound wonderful, and also on my S17 but I think my DAC it's currently the bottleneck in my desktop system that's keeping them from sounding their best... and there's other caveats with the S17 and the Clears, but anyways, have you roll op-amps on you XD05 Pro yet?, if so, what do you have right now on them?

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #1,569 of 2,338
Excellent to hear that, I've been ogling this "portable" amp from some time now, right now I have the Shanling H5 and it also drives all my focals, but specially the Clears extremely well and they sound wonderful, and also on my S17 but I think my DAC it's currently the bottleneck in my desktop system that's keeping them from sounding their best... and there's other caveats with the S17 and the Clears, but anyways, have you roll op-amps on you XD05 Pro yet?, if so, what do you have right now on them?
I have the Sparkos SS3602 on the XD05 Pro. It takes it to the next level. It's a great upgrade over the Mojo 2, Shanling H7 and Fiio Q7. They don't come close once the XD05 Pro has the Sparkos op amps.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #1,570 of 2,338
This is my OP-AMP mod for the XD05-PRO.

It's a home-made creation, so sorry for the imperfections.

I thought of it and created it in my spare time, and unfortunately I have very little free time.

I did it primarily to:

- testing the BURSON V6-VIVID, kindly provided free of
charge by @John Burson , whom I thank for his trust.

- to be able to test OP-AMPs that do not fit into the
housing in the future

- give an idea to anyone who has the desire and industrial
capacity to realize it.

Things to improve are:

- optimize the wiring, to standardize the lengths of the
signal paths and enlarge and filter the power supplies

- add a 'clean' external power source to allow you to
power OP-AMPs that exceed the capabilities of the
XD05-PRO

- the general mechanical setup.
For example, you could create a support that lifts the
DAC off the ground (like the one on IFI Diablo2),
so you don't have to keep it upside down
- etc

The MOD can be created with:

- an OP-AMP XDUOO board costing just a few EUR
(if you don't want to risk ruining yours).
This board was given to me by @shenzhenaudio ,
whom I thank.

- 2 DIP-8 sockets, like these
https://amzn.eu/d/h5aGrcx

- a kit similar to this
https://amzn.eu/d/6TNGFYT

- a kit of wires for wiring on CS, like this one
https://amzn.eu/d/2BNDAnP

Not having professional desoldering equipment at home, the idea was to solder strips of female pins onto the soldering already present on the OP-AMP board, but on the opposite side, and then to create the wiring necessary to bring the correct signals to the DIP-8 sockets present on the breadboard.

As rightly specified in a previous post by @quaddac,
this means having to invert all the signals taken from the sockets 'in reverse', i.e. inverting the signals of the left row of pins with those of the right.
This task is assigned to the wiring you see on the breadboard.

Coming to the VIVID, I find that they sound very good,
and that we are certainly premium OP-AMPs.

Compared to the SPARKOS, they have a slightly less warm and rounded sound, which you may or may not
like depending on your tastes.
(although I realize that non-optimized manual wiring is not ideal for appropriately evaluating delicate and sensitive circuitry such as OP-AMPs).

Below are some images:

Below is a dimensional comparison between the SPARKOS SS2590 and the SS3602 😱:

Did you check if SS2590 work with XD05PRO? 🤔😮

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #1,571 of 2,338
This is an alternative to the opamp adapter solution I proposed in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17811162
Pros:
- ease of installation of larger opamps
- no need to modify the factory opamp module
- better heat dissipation

b.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

Cons:
- opamps remain unsecured in open space
- the dac/amp is in the reverse position, with no access to the display

a.jpg

Both solutions can be considered as a test platform (but not only).
The adapter is available here:
aliexpress.com/i/1005005553570572.html
(use copy paste)
Which OP-AMP combination is your favourite in terms of sound? (I see in photos that you tested V6C V6V and SS3602 op-amps) 😯

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #1,573 of 2,338
Which OP-AMP combination is your favourite in terms of sound? (I see in photos that you tested V6C V6V and SS3602 op-amps) 😯
Sparkos, but I found out here: that the upgraded V7 bursons can be a good alternative. It's a matter of taste and synergy, I prefer a weighted sound, even at the expense of slightly less "spaciousness". My decision in selecting opamps is directly related to how strong and accurate the impact my headphones can generate. According to my criteria, would V7 be a step forward or just a kind of modification? There's only one way to find out...

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #1,574 of 2,338
isnt the choice of opamps a matter of preferences? i read the sparkos specially enlarge the soundstage for example
It is mainly preference but yes. You have it right. Main thing I noticed was the soundstage, imaging and separation. Everything just felt more spaced out and clearer. But then you notice the low end. It hit harder with more texture, faster decay, and the clarity and overall detail is improved. The dynamics feel more snappy and instant, they already were great stock. But with the Sparkos, it really brings dynamics to play. The mids become clearer yet more textured and realistic. Treble seems to have heaps of air and detail yet being smoother and less fatiguing compared to stock. Overall, the Sparkos improve everything thats great about the Xduoo XD05 Pro, but refines it and makes it better while also adding a touch of musicality and warmth.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,575 of 2,338
It is mainly preference but yes. You have it right. Main thing I noticed was the soundstage, imaging and separation. Everything just felt more spaced out and clearer. But then you notice the low end. It hit harder with more texture, faster decay, and the clarity and overall detail is improved. The dynamics feel more snappy and instant, they already were great stock. But with the Sparkos, it really brings dynamics to play. The mids become clearer yet more textured and realistic. Treble seems to have heaps of air and detail yet being smoother and less fatiguing compared to stock. Overall, the Sparkos improve everything thats great about the Xduoo XD05 Pro, but refines it and makes it better while also adding a touch of musicality and warmth.
Just plugged in the Sparkos to replace my V5di. It just gives new space dimension to my HD800S. A must have and once you have it s hard to go back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back