XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #1,516 of 2,340
This is my today's engame setup 😁👌 XD05PRO -> Douk U3 + Burson V6 Op-amp -> HD650

Very full, powerful, natural and addictive sound. I reccomend to try this little amp Douk U3 combined with your favourite Op-amp inside to anyone, who has harder to drive headphones - it reveals a lot of hidden potention with a good output source as the XD05PRO 👍

Some day I'm willing to try the new Burson V7 op-amps or two Sparkos SS2590 with this setup 🥹

Attachments

• IMG_20240229_132757.jpg
    IMG_20240229_132757.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240229_134308.jpg
    IMG_20240229_134308.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • Messenger_creation_a78eaa05-9e51-492e-b503-a8fe0d0dc6cc.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_a78eaa05-9e51-492e-b503-a8fe0d0dc6cc.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #1,517 of 2,340
It depends. What op-amps do you have now ?
You shouldn’t have any hissing with the stock op-amps. On paper, there’s no other op-amp which has a lesser noise floor compared to OPA1612.

If you have the Bursons and have hissing then yes switching to Sparkos should reduce/eliminate the hissing.
I've never opened the device, so I'm on stock. I think there are some other opamps in the box? Not sure, two little boards that look a little like it. But I just bought the regular version with out the Sparkos option.

Feb 29, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #1,519 of 2,340
I've never opened the device, so I'm on stock. I think there are some other opamps in the box? Not sure, two little boards that look a little like it. But I just bought the regular version with out the Sparkos option.
Hmm .. strange that you have hissing with the stock op-amps. That must be some super sensitive IEM + cable combo.

Did you try ECO mode on the XD05Pro ? It should have less or no hiss compared to the Normal and Turbo modes.

If you still have hissing, you can buy an IFI IEMatch adapter. This one usually gets rid of hissing on any device by matching the impedance value.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #1,520 of 2,340
Hmm .. strange that you have hissing with the stock op-amps. That must be some super sensitive IEM + cable combo.

Did you try ECO mode on the XD05Pro ? It should have less or no hiss compared to the Normal and Turbo modes.

If you still have hissing, you can buy an IFI IEMatch adapter. This one usually gets rid of hissing on any device by matching the impedance value.
Yes the Mentor is very sensitive with hissing also in Eco. No hissing with the rest of my gear even in turbo mode.

I know IEMatch. Problem is it changes the FR through the added impedance. But never mind. Mentor and the SP3000 are a match made in heaven anyways and I can use the other IEMs and HPs with the XDUOO.

That’s the downside of high power amps when used with very sensitive IEMs. Plus I’m very sensitive to hissing. I hate it.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #1,522 of 2,340
This is my today's engame setup 😁👌 XD05PRO -> Douk U3 + Burson V6 Op-amp -> HD650

Very full, powerful, natural and addictive sound. I reccomend to try this little amp Douk U3 combined with your favourite Op-amp inside to anyone, who has harder to drive headphones - it reveals a lot of hidden potention with a good output source as the XD05PRO 👍

Some day I'm willing to try the new Burson V7 op-amps or two Sparkos SS2590 with this setup 🥹
i know the little balanced sibling is really powerful and ok, but heard that the se version is more of a soso device. maybe the opamps do make a significant difference tho. but does it have even more power than the xduoo? if not (which i do believe without looking at specs again) which advantage would it have compared to placing the opamps directly into the xudoo? this seems a little redundant to me, but this might be because of my poor knowledge in physics. often see those kind of tinkering specially from my american friends which seem to like connecting a dac into another one in a row before amping the biggest tube amp they can find that is also amped by a solid state which is connected to a private atomic plant for really making a KSC-35 shine like a lightbulb. not to mention they all drive pickups with large displacement of 7liters and 500ps of horsepower to get to the bakery :dt880smile: no offens, just in a cheeky mood today :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #1,523 of 2,340
In my case this compact setup (Douk U3 + V6 dual opamp) added more power and brought more life to my more demanding full-size headphones. It made my XD05PRO sound even more musical, with bold textures, thicker bass and more lush vocals, more natural instruments. For me personally more musical presentation and timbre overall, especially with vocal-jazz and live concert tracks. I was really surprised how powerful and natural sounding this little amp can be, but to get this type of sound you need to:
1) use a good quality power source with Douk U3, I strongly reccomend to use 12-20V instead of 5V, because Douk U3 is really sensitive to power source and can transform the overall sound quite a lot.
2) put your favourite dual Op-amp inside the Douk U3 (I use my Burson V6 dual).

I was already satisfied with my XD05PRO while using it as a standalone device, but using it with an additional external amplifier brought even more juice and flavour to my headphones 😋 all I can say that XD05PRO is very universal device and there can be a lot of scenarios to experiment with, to get the type of sound you like👍

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #1,525 of 2,340
Here are the pics with the Sparkos ss3602's in place inside of the XDuoo XD05 Bal, they barely fit, I used a slightly thicker piece of cardboardish paper (non conductive - same thickness as your typical 12 pack of soda packaging) and kiln paper (heat resistent) to shield it from shorting its exposed solder leads with the top of the case. Had to trim some of the opamp leads that were protruding a bit to make it squeeze through ( you can see some of the leads of the opamp look trimmed/cut ). That one socket is cut in half to make it shift a little to left. The capacitors that were in the way had just enough play to flex/bend and move them a bit so the opamps could squeeze by.

Pic5.jpgPic4.jpgPic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpg
How's it sound?

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #1,526 of 2,340
In my case this compact setup (Douk U3 + V6 dual opamp) added more power and brought more life to my more demanding full-size headphones. It made my XD05PRO sound even more musical, with bold textures, thicker bass and more lush vocals, more natural instruments. For me personally more musical presentation and timbre overall, especially with vocal-jazz and live concert tracks. I was really surprised how powerful and natural sounding this little amp can be, but to get this type of sound you need to:
1) use a good quality power source with Douk U3, I strongly reccomend to use 12-20V instead of 5V, because Douk U3 is really sensitive to power source and can transform the overall sound quite a lot.
2) put your favourite dual Op-amp inside the Douk U3 (I use my Burson V6 dual).

I was already satisfied with my XD05PRO while using it as a standalone device, but using it with an additional external amplifier brought even more juice and flavour to my headphones 😋 all I can say that XD05PRO is very universal device and there can be a lot of scenarios to experiment with, to get the type of sound you like👍
thank you for reply and taking it with humor, much appreciate! :beerchug:

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,527 of 2,340
I just got myself an XD05 Pro yesterday and it... is giving me a bad headache.
I kept getting all sorts of errors running it off DC power connecting to the PC.
1. If I switch the output, and switch it back to USB, the PC won't detect the source anymore.
2. I don't even know how but it often gets into the "Protect Mode" which shows a flickering warning of the word "Protect".
3. Somehow the LED on my volume glitched out but luckily, a simple restart fixes that.

For those who also encountered the problem with DC power connected to a PC as a desktop unit, here is what I figured out. (Don't know if it has already been mentioned here in the forum somewhere)
1. Have the data transfer cable unplugged while the power cable remains plugged.
2. Switch on the device in battery mode.
3. Switch to "ext", aka DC power mode.
4. Plug the data transfer cable.
5. Somehow it works again...

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,528 of 2,340
I just got myself an XD05 Pro yesterday and it... is giving me a bad headache.
I kept getting all sorts of errors running it off DC power connecting to the PC.
1. If I switch the output, and switch it back to USB, the PC won't detect the source anymore.
2. I don't even know how but it often gets into the "Protect Mode" which shows a flickering warning of the word "Protect".
3. Somehow the LED on my volume glitched out but luckily, a simple restart fixes that.

For those who also encountered the problem with DC power connected to a PC as a desktop unit, here is what I figured out. (Don't know if it has already been mentioned here in the forum somewhere)
1. Have the data transfer cable unplugged while the power cable remains plugged.
2. Switch on the device in battery mode.
3. Switch to "ext", aka DC power mode.
4. Plug the data transfer cable.
5. Somehow it works again...
you need to buy 12V3A DC adapter, then use dc to USB type C to connect as a Power supply..
your problem happen because lack of power.. why i know? because i encounter the same problem like yours..

u cant use Handphone adapter as Power supply.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #1,529 of 2,340
you need to buy 12V3A DC adapter, then use dc to USB type C to connect as a Power supply..
your problem happen because lack of power.. why i know? because i encounter the same problem like yours..

u cant use Handphone adapter as Power supply.
Lol I was plugging directly to the PC and it works and thought it was the power.
I've also tried using an adapter but 9V only and it doesn't work.
Now I am using 12V and it works perfectly fine. Crazy.
Imo they should put the troubleshoot of this "protect" warning somewhere in the manual or on their webpage...
Edit: Still showing "protect" with 12V adapter after switching the gain...
So much problems with the dac... might as well just sell it...

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #1,530 of 2,340
xDuoo has released a power supply specifically made for the XD05Pro. It comes with a fan to cool the unit as well.

1709522992281.jpeg

1709523012955.jpeg

1709523031099.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back