XDUoo XD05PRO
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #1,082 of 2,405
Is it possible for XD05 to turn on the screen when the next song is played or on screen in the source device - Shanling M3 Ultra?
I don't know if I understand correctly (I assume you mean if it is possible to display information about currently playing songs on the xd05 pro screen). - if I understand correctly the answer is no.

The only information you can set is either the frequency range of the song or the current volume.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #1,083 of 2,405
1000018183.jpg

1000018190.jpg

a little fried...

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #1,090 of 2,405
Someone should design an amp board with the opamp on the other side.
I'm afraid this would be very complicated because pin 1 would then be on the opposite side. This would require a complete redesign of all paths. Without this, the pin layout before and after the change would look like this.
pin1-pin8 vs pin8-pin1
pin2-pin7 vs pin7-pin2
pin3-pin6 vs pin6-pin3
pin4-pin5 vs pin5-pin4

1699474415556.png

It would probably be more hygienic to use such a mini pcie extender, but larger opamps such as staccato would require additional adapters.

1699474505789.png

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,091 of 2,405
I'm afraid this would be very complicated because pin 1 would then be on the opposite side. This would require a complete redesign of all paths. Without this, the pin layout before and after the change would look like this.
pin1-pin8 vs pin8-pin1
pin2-pin7 vs pin7-pin2
pin3-pin6 vs pin6-pin3
pin4-pin5 vs pin5-pin4

1699474415556.png

It would probably be more hygienic to use such a mini pcie extender, but larger opamps such as staccato would require additional adapters.

1699474505789.png

It can be done, trust me.
It's not particularly complicated.

The hardest part is arranging things mechanically so that they are reasonably stable and there is enough space to accommodate large op-amps.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,092 of 2,405
@quaddac

I'm curious about STACCATO.
They are on my shopping list.

If you're already ready, let us know how it goes.

They should consume enough power and heat, I would also be curious to know if the XD05 supports them without problems.

For my part, I got the SPARKOS SS2590, which are huge and single channel;

However, they have a SPARKOS board which allows you to obtain a double channel.

They're still huge anyway and I haven't the faintest idea what they sound like (in theory they shouldn't sound worse than the SPARKOS I have).

IMG_6573.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,093 of 2,405
@quaddac

I'm curious about STACCATO.
They are on my shopping list.

If you're already ready, let us know how it goes.

They should consume enough power and heat, I would also be curious to know if the XD05 supports them without problems.

For my part, I got the SPARKOS SS2590, which are huge and single channel;

However, they have a SPARKOS board which allows you to obtain a double channel.

They're still huge anyway and I haven't the faintest idea what they sound like (in theory they shouldn't sound worse than the SPARKOS I have).

IMG_6573.jpeg
You didn't give me much time :smile_phones:, but... When starting from staccato, the xd05 went into eco mode. Unfortunately, the staccatos didn't work. I was also curious how they would look. Well... Vivid has a very detailed sound, but not harsh, with a large stage, great stereophony and very fast. I was surprised by the quite close position of the vocals and their fill, because I had previously remembered vivid differently in this respect. They are not tiring. V6 Classic, warm sound, nice texture and mood. They are slower than vivid. Yes, they are soft and slow. Sparkos - against the vivid background they are warm, but very dynamic with wonderful bass. Vivid is sound served on a platter, you will easily hear all the nuances. Sparkos has a full and saturated sound, classic, but not outdated, just mature, and there is no need to look for additional weight by changing filters. Vivid is a very good alternative for those who appreciate the details and craftsmanship of sound engineers, and I must add that they do not stand for cold analytics in the implementation with pro. There is pleasure to be found here. Sparkos is something for those looking for an intimate sound and atmosphere, a strong impact, natural timbre, full sound, realistic reception and great tempo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back