XDUoo XD05PRO
Aug 28, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #437 of 2,406
Wow, so much discussion about how to order. This is how it works, people.

If you ordered via Amazon.de, the item still ships from China. Most of the chinese sellers don’t pay taxes, they specify a low value in the hopes that it passes customs without any taxes.

Customs is not stupid, at least not in Germany. They will ask for proof of payment (Invoice is NOT a proof of payment, it has to be Paypal, bank statement, order confirmation etc.).

Amazon.de A-Z guarantee clearly states that if customs duties/taxes were incurred on a product purchased via Marketplace, the “Seller” has to refund the tax amount to the buyer. So go ahead and pay the import taxes which will be around 20%, send a message to the seller on Amazon with a photo of the receipt for paying taxes. If seller does not refund within 2-3 days, you can claim A-Z guarantee and Amazon will refund.

My XD05Pro is at customs at Cologne, processing since 3 days now.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #439 of 2,406
Wow, so much discussion about how to order. This is how it works, people.

If you ordered via Amazon.de, the item still ships from China. Most of the chinese sellers don’t pay taxes, they specify a low value in the hopes that it passes customs without any taxes.

Customs is not stupid, at least not in Germany. They will ask for proof of payment (Invoice is NOT a proof of payment, it has to be Paypal, bank statement, order confirmation etc.).

Amazon.de A-Z guarantee clearly states that if customs duties/taxes were incurred on a product purchased via Marketplace, the “Seller” has to refund the tax amount to the buyer. So go ahead and pay the import taxes which will be around 20%, send a message to the seller on Amazon with a photo of the receipt for paying taxes. If seller does not refund within 2-3 days, you can claim A-Z guarantee and Amazon will refund.

My XD05Pro is at customs at Cologne, processing since 3 days now.
Yep, that's exactly the same answer I got today from amazon.de customer service and from the seller :) now it is clear for me about taxes when ordering.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #440 of 2,406
Apos still saying that the modules will be available "at the end of this month". Two more days left in this month. Once they become available I will place an order from Apos.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #441 of 2,406
Apos still saying that the modules will be available "at the end of this month". Two more days left in this month. Once they become available I will place an order from Apos.
Seems plausible. The AKM and ROHM DAC modules were on show at the Beijing International Headphone Expo just last weekend, so hopefully we'll see a wider release shortly.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #442 of 2,406
Seems plausible. The AKM and ROHM DAC modules were on show at the Beijing International Headphone Expo just last weekend, so hopefully we'll see a wider release shortly.

What would be the main distinguishing features of these 2 DAC board (AKM and ROHM) compared to the standard ESS?

I vaguely read that ESS is precise but cold, instead AKM is given to be more 'musical',
but I don't know anything else.

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #443 of 2,406
I see in the photo that even CS module will be available :D i guess CS43198 🤔

Attachments

• XD05PRO-EN-7.png
    XD05PRO-EN-7.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #444 of 2,406
Did anyone receive his yet? I just got the notification from Fedex that it will be delivered on Friday. Looks like they used Fedex instead of DHL in my case.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #445 of 2,406
Did anyone receive his yet? I just got the notification from Fedex that it will be delivered on Friday. Looks like they used Fedex instead of DHL in my case.
Mine should arrive today/tommorow. Today I have just payed 170€ taxes for customs via DHL Express (ordered via Amazon.de and sent from China HK). Local courier should deliver today or tommorow :)

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #446 of 2,406
Hello. I watching this tread and still waiting for some review before order it. But i like ask you guys what type of DAC included in standart version? I check hifigo and linsoul and really dont found answere on my question. Thank you :wink:

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #448 of 2,406
Wait till it reaches the Fedex hub at Cologne and the delivery date will change to “Pending”. Fedex is notoriously bad in clearing customs, unlike DHL who clears it in a day or two.

Aug 30, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #449 of 2,406
Hello. I watching this tread and still waiting for some review before order it. But i like ask you guys what type of DAC included in standart version? I check hifigo and linsoul and really dont found answere on my question. Thank you :wink:
It comes with the ESS9039SPRO as the default dac.

Aug 30, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #450 of 2,406
What endgame headphones are you guys driving with this portable amp?

Or

does this device offer premium performance to give good sound regardless of whatever headphone you use?
Not any high end headphones but definitely my own endgame headphones.

I’ve been using the XD05Pro to drive my Sundara, 6xx, blessing2 and variations.
Already enjoy it very much with the default opamp, enjoyed it even more after changing to Burson V5i-D (better low end and a bit more fun sounding).

Now I’m just waiting for xduoo to sell the modules for AKM and Rohm dac as theses 2 already in the works before launching the product. Hopefully they have the momentum to keep on going and release the r2r dac not long after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back