XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 29, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #2,162 of 2,291
Anyone installed Ufeel op-amps buffer for your XD05 Pro? Some impressions pls.
I I stalled these on my Aroma Audio A100TB & it's sounds awesome!
I am waiting for these smaller ones. I did install the larger version with the SS3602. My main gripe with the SS3602 is the staging. It was too intimate. These seem to make it a tad wider, doesn't do anything to the bass region, but the treble has got better articulation. The upper mids onwards is just that little better defined. It's not a big difference. But when I switch back to just the SS3602 and AB the same song. I can instantly notice the smaller stage, flatter treble, and small loss of dynamics.

I am not sure if it will make a difference for darker IEMs. I am using the Symphonium Helios SE and I can certainly hear it.
IMG_7080.jpeg
IMG_7076.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #2,163 of 2,291
For anyone that uses BT. You have to go into your settings on your phone and set LDAC as your audio codec. Set sample rate to 96khz, and bits to 32. You might also have settings on your streaming platform such as Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz. Check them and make sure you have audio settings on the highest. I've been able to use LDAC at 96khz on the XD05 Pro 🫡😊
no.

the best option is 16 44.1 909/990 (from 16/32 float direct 44.1 player output)

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #2,164 of 2,291
Just wanted to provide an update on my static issue with XD05 Pro. I sent it back to the vendor to have them evaluate the static I was hearing with the LME op amps on bluetooth mode. They were able to verify it and send me a replacement.

So is the replacement better? The static is not as consistent and noticeable, but it's still there with the LME op amps on bluetooth mode. It's just more intermittent and less predictable, so it could be harder to detect. Sometimes you have to play audio for a few minutes before the static starts to appear. If I play a podcast, where it's not filled with loud music and instrumentals, you can hear the static fizzle in and out every few minutes. So there isn't as much as static as before, because it's more intermittent, and the static noise is a bit more faint, and so it's harder to hear. However, the static has gotten worse with the USB C to USB C connection. With the previous unit, the static would only appear with a wired USB C connection once in a while when a song was winding down at the end, but now it seems to appear more frequently. It also fizzles for a brief moment when I press play on a song or press pause.

OPA op amps also exhibits static with USB C to USB C connection, but it's not as prevalent as the LME op amps. The static will flicker on for a second or three at the end of a song when the instrumentals and everything settles down and it grows quiet. This doesn't happen with every song. On average, I'd say it happens once every five songs with the the OPA op amps. It happens a lot more with the LME op amps.

The strange thing is, I have not come across any static with the Sparkos SS3602 op amps. At least not yet. I've probably listened to a couple dozen songs over the last few days.

ps: i'm also wondering if anyone has figured out a way to lower the noise floor on the XD05 Pro. I remember some users going back and forth about it, and testing out different add-ons, but I wasn't sure if any definitive solution came out of it, or if it's still a work in progress.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #2,165 of 2,291
I am waiting for these smaller ones. I did install the larger version with the SS3602. My main gripe with the SS3602 is the staging. It was too intimate. These seem to make it a tad wider, doesn't do anything to the bass region, but the treble has got better articulation. The upper mids onwards is just that little better defined. It's not a big difference. But when I switch back to just the SS3602 and AB the same song. I can instantly notice the smaller stage, flatter treble, and small loss of dynamics.

I am not sure if it will make a difference for darker IEMs. I am using the Symphonium Helios SE and I can certainly hear it.
Great to know about there is a souning difference of "smaller stage, flatter treble, and small loss of dynamics." with/without UFEEL 902 upgrade buffer.

Apr 29, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #2,167 of 2,291

IMG_7080.jpegIMG_7076.jpeg
Helios is a resolving iems so that's why able to pick up those micro details.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #2,169 of 2,291
I am no expert but I guess that combine ss3602 with OU902 is not ideal combo, because OU902 seems designed for IC opamp, not for discrete design.
Ufeel has a lengthy introduction about their theory on Taobao store.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #2,170 of 2,291
I am no expert but I guess that combine ss3602 with OU902 is not ideal combo, because OU902 seems designed for IC opamp, not for discrete design.
Ufeel has a lengthy introduction about their theory on Taobao store.
But somehow, it's rather strange Ufeel themselves also made very high end and expensive Dream series op-amps which is also discrete & they also using the same type of buffer that OU902 employed (obviously, a stepped down version of the Dream).

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #2,172 of 2,291
Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #2,173 of 2,291
tb_image_share_1714533267332.jpg.png

I would like to purchase & install this on my XD05 Pro together with Burson V5iD installed on top of it.
Does this fit into the XD05 Pro?

May 1, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #2,175 of 2,291
It doesn't fit if you want to close the door. It's too wide. You need the extension legs and stand it up on the door. Right now I prefer to leave the door open because I can swap opamps easily.

I also tested the OPA627 and OPA828. Those 2 are inferior, The 627 is worse than the stock. It does have a wider stage, but the definition is very poor and the top end sounds more distorted than airy. Like a cheap amp basically. The 828 is not much better. Maybe I am spoiled by the SS3602 and Trulis HA8802. Those two are very good and have different sound signatures.

I am not sure if the MK9 is worth the money. It does improve the sonics, but the change is very subtle, only on the top end. If you AB. It's there. If you must squeeze out the last few percent of the SS3602 and HA8802. These will do that. If not, save the cash.

IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7083 2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back