XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #2,071 of 2,186
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #2,074 of 2,186
What is the point of using this V3 DAP with XD05PRO??? 🤔
I think this is an attempt to implement a very high quality audio transport project. Anyone who has a DAP (or phone) knows what interference can occur. I'm curious if this attempt was successful.
Fragment of the original description::
"The USB signal purity far surpasses that of smartphones and similar players, making it an ideal audio source choice for bundled parties".
I also read once that AES is the best implementation of a digital audio interface, but I don't remember exactly.
I think it can also be a very good thing to connect to a dongle, not only to a dac/amp.

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,075 of 2,186
I think this is an attempt to implement a very high quality audio transport project. Anyone who has a DAP (or phone) knows what interference can occur. I'm curious if this attempt was successful.
Fragment of the original description::
"The USB signal purity far surpasses that of smartphones and similar players, making it an ideal audio source choice for bundled parties".
I also read once that AES is the best implementation of a digital audio interface, but I don't remember exactly.
I think it can also be a very good thing to connect to a dongle, not only to a dac/amp.
I asked one of my friends about this, and he knows a lot more about DACs that I do. His recommendation was to "use I2S if your DAC has that digital input. The native language DACs see is I2S, all other digital inputs are converted to I2S internally anyway hence why using that input, if applicable, removes another layer of conversion."

Shame there isn't space on the XD05 PRO for yet another input!

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #2,076 of 2,186
I asked one of my friends about this, and he knows a lot more about DACs that I do. His recommendation was to "use I2S if your DAC has that digital input. The native language DACs see is I2S, all other digital inputs are converted to I2S internally anyway hence why using that input, if applicable, removes another layer of conversion."

From another forum:

"Compared to USB, packet noise from an AES3 transmission is a lot less, therefore impacting less on the power supply rails.

Cable length is 100m versus 2m with USB.

The connector is far more durable than USB will ever be although the size is about twice current laptop thickness.

AES3 does not carry VBUS or a signal ground. Only a differential pair and a case earth wire.

IMHO AES3 trounces USB for the DACs I own, takes off the grunge and the music is engaging."

This may be puzzling...

In my opinion AES is a pro interface and the xd05 pro aspires to this label. It is still used in professional applications today (by broadcasters, hdmi slides out easily). It is also found in other devices just not in the mini version. I am very curious about the results of V3 D. I think that the world of mobile audio would benefit from a bigger change than just adding letters and numbers to similar models. Replaceable batteries in the form of cartridges, independent power circuits as in the new Fiio M23 dap with desktop mode. There's a lot to do. For example, in the xd06 pro there could be an additional DC socket for power supply, USB only for charging (I'm just wondering).
i2s+aes :relaxed: :
1713208681545.png

1713209969622.png

Other examples:
1713208761104.png

1713208841206.png

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #2,077 of 2,186
I think the pci-e approach is the simplest way of installing larger opamps. Others here have posted more advanced solutions that require modifying the opamp board; my soldering skills are woeful so I've avoided that!

The pci-e card will stick up when installed so you need some sort of cover to hold it in place. I used a piece of 1mm carbon fibre board as I had some spare, but I know others have used a piece of credit-card thickness plastic. It took longer for me to get the cf cut and drilled correctly than planned. You need to be quite precise in positioning the holes and don't have much room on the right side - only about 1mm. The piece I cut measures 31.5mm wide x 19.5mm deep, with the holes 26.7mm apart.
Just.wanna confirm. If I want to get a pair of SS2590 for XD05PRO, am I supposed to get 2 pieces of PRO to DIP8 adapters and 2 SS2590s form each slot on the op amp card pls?
Screenshot_20240416_153121_Chrome.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #2,078 of 2,186
If you want to use SS2590 in XD05PRO you will need two Sparkos dual adapters and 4 pieces of Sparkos SS2590 single opamps. Then you will have to solder these adapters with single opamps (one adapter + 2 single opamps) to get two dual sparkos SS2590.

Or much more easier way without soldering is to get two dual Sparkos SS2590 (150€ each).

And don't forget that you will also need mini pci-e board adapter and two dip8 long extensions to connect these dual SS2590 to XD05PRO.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #2,079 of 2,186
If you want to use SS2590 in XD05PRO you will need two Sparkos dual adapters and 4 pieces of Sparkos SS2590 single opamps. Then you will have to solder these adapters with single opamps (one adapter + 2 single opamps) to get two dual sparkos SS2590.

Or much more easier way without soldering is to get two dual Sparkos SS2590 (150€ each).

And don't forget that you will also need mini pci-e board adapter and two dip8 long extensions to connect these dual SS2590 to XD05PRO.
Yap, there is an option to buy an assembled version from Sparkos...Screenshot_20240416_161219_Chrome.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #2,080 of 2,186
One more thought, and I don't know if you have the option. Have you tried running the line out into a separate amp? If might help determine whether your issues are associated with the opamp stage or DAC. The line out should bypass the opamp stage.

With regard to Turbo mode - I rarely use it. I typically listen to IEMs more than headphones, even at my desk. Most of my IEMs are relatively easy to drive, bar Storm. Even then, I'd just use Normal mode as I couldn't really hear a benefit with Turbo.
Ah, unfortunately, I don't have a separate amplifier. The weird thing is, the issue is not present with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps. The Bluetooth only starts making the static/crackling/electrical frequency noise when the LME op amps are installed. I cycled through all the op amps again just to make sure. I've triple checked at this point, and it only happens with the LME op amps. I feel like it would make more sense if the Bluetooth flared up, regardless of the op amps installed, but it only happens with the LME op amps. It's bizarre, because I didn't know op amps had anything to do with the Bluetooth component of the device.

I haven't really been able to spot the benefit of Turbo mode, either, but sometimes I'll try it to see if I can tell a difference, and it gets hot very fast.
I'm not sure. But I have used the Prestige LTD and no noise at all. Same with blutooth. All was silent with all op-amps. That's my experience
Thanks, I'll try contacting my vendor again.
Hi,
I am currently using LME operational amplifiers with bluetooth. A slight noise can be heard between start-pause only when I press it, the bluetooth receiver chip causes the noise, but it is not disturbing. I can hear it with all operational amplifiers. If you only hear the noise at the LME chip, why is your unit faulty? I don’t understand you! There is already a solution for the white noise, you have to replace the resistor on the oamp module. Look for the comment above. I will need also replace, I hear also white noise during the use sensitive iems.
By "slight noise," is it just noise floor? Or are you getting weird static/electrical crackling noise? It sounds almost like the static/electrical frequency noise you get in between radio stations. I can overlook the noise floor, which happens regardless of the op amps, but the electrical signal noise only happens with the LME op amps on Bluetooth mode. It does not happen with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps.

If I turn the volume control slowly or quickly, doesn’t matter.
Sometimes I'll try to turn the volume up one increment, but the volume will move in the opposite direction (the number will go down by an increment). Or it'll jump two increments at once.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #2,081 of 2,186
Ah, unfortunately, I don't have a separate amplifier. The weird thing is, the issue is not present with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps. The Bluetooth only starts making the static/crackling/electrical frequency noise when the LME op amps are installed. I cycled through all the op amps again just to make sure. I've triple checked at this point, and it only happens with the LME op amps. I feel like it would make more sense if the Bluetooth flared up, regardless of the op amps installed, but it only happens with the LME op amps. It's bizarre, because I didn't know op amps had anything to do with the Bluetooth component of the device.

I haven't really been able to spot the benefit of Turbo mode, either, but sometimes I'll try it to see if I can tell a difference, and it gets hot very fast.

Thanks, I'll try contacting my vendor again.

By "slight noise," is it just noise floor? Or are you getting weird static/electrical crackling noise? It sounds almost like the static/electrical frequency noise you get in between radio stations. I can overlook the noise floor, which happens regardless of the op amps, but the electrical signal noise only happens with the LME op amps on Bluetooth mode. It does not happen with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps.

Sometimes I'll try to turn the volume up one increment, but the volume will move in the opposite direction (the number will go down by an increment). Or it'll jump two increments at once.
Electric, ticking, crackling noise. This is normal, it was also present with topping g5. Then you also have volume control inaccuracy. :)

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #2,082 of 2,186
I feel like it would make more sense if the Bluetooth flared up, regardless of the op amps installed, but it only happens with the LME op amps. It's bizarre, because I didn't know op amps had anything to do with the Bluetooth component of the device.
It happens to my Aroma Air (Bluetooth DAC AMP) with burson V5iD that's work completely fine with my other amps. And it's only happens with V5iD
I thought that V5iD metal body make interference with bluetooth signal
Maybe something similar happens here

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #2,083 of 2,186
Sensitive IEMs indeed have annoying background hiss running eco-mode on Xduoo XD05Pro. E1DA 9038 3,5mm version produces a lot less hiss. I wonder if soldering other resistors onto Opamp board helps with hiss. iFi IEMatch helps sensitive IEMs, but it sounds more narrow and less sparkly.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #2,084 of 2,186
It happens to my Aroma Air (Bluetooth DAC AMP) with burson V5iD that's work completely fine with my other amps. And it's only happens with V5iD
I thought that V5iD metal body make interference with bluetooth signal
Maybe something similar happens here
That's very interesting that you have a similar issue with a different dac/amp. So I guess the op amps can cause interference with the Bluetooth signal. I do find it somewhat more understandable if the Burson V5iD isn't one of their official offerings. The XD05 Pro comes included with the LME op amps, and it looks identical to the stock OPA op amps that's also included 🤔

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #2,085 of 2,186
I bought the ifi power x it works great my question is can you use it to also charge XD05 pro

also im using my Shanling M6 ultra as my music source do i need to using it in the line out mode or can i use it using my 4.4 out to the 4.4 in of XD05 pro if i do do i need it in the line out mode or can i use it in the headphone out mode

I installed the Sparkos ss3602 dual op amps i really like the sound but notice that it got a little bit warm, after installing the little legs that cam with it it now stays cool

are there other feet to buy to put on the XD05 pro from amazon in usa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back