xDuoo XD05 Plus: an interesting update
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #31 of 81
I don't see the point in changing the pin lay out of the standard usb-c socket so people have to buy an extra OTG adapter to make it work with aftermarket cables.

My understanding is that the standard USB-C allows for bi-directional power sharing which was part of what OTG did for 2.0, but still does not incorporate the features of OTG that allow for switching between host and device modes and thus still requires the use of an OTG cable for those instances. It may be more a matter of it could have been wired without OTG in the case of the XD-05 as I am not sure in what circumstance it would be serving data back to another device, but maybe there is a use-case for it that made Xduoo consider it instead of just using a device only connect.

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #32 of 81
I have ordered the Xduoo Bluetooth device, curious what this will do for the samplerate.

Received the bluetooth dongle today. Plug & play, really nice. Can't hear any difference with wired streaming, awesome.
And the Samsung A50 phone now finally sends 44khz instead of 192khz to the Xduoo.
No wire hanging on your phone is really nice.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #33 of 81
Received the bluetooth dongle today. Plug & play, really nice. Can't hear any difference with wired streaming, awesome.
And the Samsung A50 phone now finally sends 44khz instead of 192khz to the Xduoo.
No wire hanging on your phone is really nice.

I just noticed when i activate the best bluetooth setting (Ldac) the Samsung A50 upscales to 96khz.
They can't leave the signal alone can't they. :)
For Spotify you don't need Ldac anyway so i leave that off.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #34 of 81
I just noticed when i activate the best bluetooth setting (Ldac) the Samsung A50 upscales to 96khz.
They can't leave the signal alone can't they. :)
For Spotify you don't need Ldac anyway so i leave that off.

For those who are interested: in the Samsung/Android developers menu you can select the codec/frequency/samplerate etcetera.
I have set it on Ldac/48khz/24bits which seems to be the original way Spotify streams.

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #35 of 81
How do i get this thing play well in Windows 7? Got a driver from Shenzen audio website and now the Xduoo plays, but with pauzes. Two seconds sound, stop, two seconds sound, stop, etcetera.

Before i installed drivers, Windows recognised the Xduoo well (Windows showed Xduoo xd-05 plus in the device manager). After installing drivers Windows changed the name into "XMOS XS1-U8 DJ".

So something went wrong here...

Dec 25, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #36 of 81
How do i get this thing play well in Windows 7? Got a driver from Shenzen audio website and now the Xduoo plays, but with pauzes. Two seconds sound, stop, two seconds sound, stop, etcetera.

Before i installed drivers, Windows recognised the Xduoo well (Windows showed Xduoo xd-05 plus in the device manager). After installing drivers Windows changed the name into "XMOS XS1-U8 DJ".

So something went wrong here...

Took it out of the usb port 3.0 and put if in a 2.0 and the pauses are gone now, playing well.
Next issue: i'm playing a Tidal Master song now from the Windows 7 desktop which is supposed to be 96khz but the Xduoo shows 44.1 khz in the display so no hi-res.
What could be the problem here?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #37 of 81
Took it out of the usb port 3.0 and put if in a 2.0 and the pauses are gone now, playing well.
Next issue: i'm playing a Tidal Master song now from the Windows 7 desktop which is supposed to be 96khz but the Xduoo shows 44.1 khz in the display so no hi-res.
What could be the problem here?

Solved, a setting in the Tidal Windows desktop app, "disable MSQ sotware rendering".

Dec 28, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #38 of 81
Anyone who tried a different opamp and did it really matter or is it snakeoil?
In double blind tests people can't hear any difference between a 100 and a 1000 dollar amp let alone different opamps, hahaha.

Yes Ive swapped op amps, went from the TI stock to a Muse 02. The difference is not subtle to me. VERY easy to hear with good gear. Highly recommended imo.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #41 of 81
Memory serves the only Single op-amp in the Muses line-up is the 03.

Dec 28, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #42 of 81
So ive been swapping between the stock TI and the Muse 02 and I greatly enjoy the 02 more. Strictly speaking I think the TI is probably more accurate, it has more thick lows and highs. Still, the Muse 02 sounds more 'musical' to me. Bass is slightly reduced but I swear more textured and extended. Maybe its just less of it which makes it seem better. The highs though, the Muse 02 seems better. Better sound stage specifially. It's possible there is less overall energy but it sounds better to my treble sensitive ears.

I think what gets me most is the differences are not subtle to my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #45 of 81
In my opinion the Muse 02 is more neutral than the Stock TI opamp. Having said that its the kind of thing that is very personal. You should try at least a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back