xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #451 of 569
@daanh THX for letting me know.

I also thought that 2x AD708SQ can not cost 11 USD (5.5 EUR+5.5 EUR lol), and they are marked as used on their page. I will research more.

I think I will give it some time before my next purchase. I had Monoprice Monolith portable with 320mW power, but 3.5 headphone female jack broke. Monoprice.eu has no spares so I was offered a refund. Now I use Headstage Arrow 5TX till ...

I might wait for APTX lossless as I hate USB-DAC cables and with skateboarding the disconnections are raare lol, but the sound Monolith THX portable produces when such disconnection happens is only comparable to getting hit by a proper white lightning through my ears.

Now, if this shock happens with a 1W Xduoo, I might also start asking people in Amsterdam to slap me on my ear for fun lol.

_\|/_ shh

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #452 of 569
I bought the Xduoo 05 bal just now from www.hifistudio79.nl, also 2xAD708SQ from UTsource.

Will let you know when I get it, especially the AD708SQ sound change. Should be a few days for the opamps.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #453 of 569
Spent some time listening via BT today. It was the first time really since I got the unit, as I've just been tied to my desk recently so not much use for BT.

The amp pretty much immediately recognized my phone and paired without me having to do anything when I switched it to BT input. Nice.

Playing flac files using LDAC out of my Samsung Galaxy S8 and damn does it sound good. I doubt that I could tell the difference between that and running USB straight out of my PC.
I prefer it in BT with Ldac to the usb, unfortunately that means usb is not great.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #454 of 569
This thing is insane !!! (XD05Bal). What enjoyment !!! Well done Xduoo !!!

Now I understand 1W compared to 200-320 mW with e.g. Monolith THX or Topping NX4 DSD both portables. Now I understand balanced. And for Sony EX800ST (specs. recommended 500mW max.) haha it really needs more than that on peaks to really shine. The bass :dizzy_face:

From being fully charged, I have been using LDAC 990 kbps connection for straight 10.5 hours at volume between 4-8, with FLAC and some MP320kbps and still have over 60 % battery left (3 out of 5 battery steps). With Neutron set to -30 preamp and 0 gain.

One sure thing I noticed is that my ears are saying ... continue listening, no prob. LOL, which was not really the case before with underpowered IEMs and distorted bass .

Update:

I took xd05 bal to medium-busy Red light Amsterdam last night. Had xd05 and Samsung Flip 3 in same front pocket.

LDAC did not skip even once, skateboarded all through Amsterdam. I noticed that I could listen at MUCH lower volume than with Monolith or Topping, bass was so enjoyable, sub-bass was pushing proper air, but there was sound+air, instead of only distortion+air with lower specced dac/amps.

I also ordered the (pic) below, it was a no brainer for this price, and they sent AD827SQ the very next day after I paid. All reviews of this shop were positive, and AD827SQ were authentic, based on a reviewer from Spain who has xd05 bal.

I finally got a good taste of driving SONY ex800st medium volume with proper power, instead of underpowered at high volume.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-10 093810.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-10 093810.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #455 of 569
Well, they told me to remove the battery, which I did, and now the unit is unusable.

It started first, by going into Protect Mode. I recently checked it again and now it doesn't go into Protect mode, but it will not play any sound.

I was told that it won't function without a battery, but before I removed it, I had simply disconnected it from the main board and it was working fine.

I still haven't received a replacement battery. Only lots of excuses why they haven't been able to send one yet.

I sent another email on Friday, but haven't received a reply yet.

Really starting to become pissed-off about this situation. I now have a really expensive Chinese paperweight.
Another update to my sad saga. Finally received a new battery from XDuoo, which is great, but the amp remains stuck in Protect Mode, as I expected.

I've still got another month left on the warranty, so I fully expect the situation to be sorted out eventually. But It's the whole experience has been a pain in the ass.

Mar 13, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #456 of 569
I ordered 2 x AD708SQ from Ali from this seller, he happily communicates fast re. price etc.
Will let you know when it arrives.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-13 085608.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-13 085608.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 13, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #457 of 569
Another update to my sad saga. Finally received a new battery from XDuoo, which is great, but the amp remains stuck in Protect Mode, as I expected.
have you tried to switch opamps? I have a couple of them that make it enter the protect mode when trying to boost. (And everything stopped when I first mounted them in the wrong direction)

Apr 2, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #460 of 569
What

I just received a pair of dual AD 708SQ from

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.1.243c142fcmLsIc

Took 3 weeks, total cost 29.81 EUR to NL.

I had stock op amps for a bout 3 weeks, sound was good, but ... this is another level now. With AD 708SQ all is clearer, bass is now thunderous with quality, deepness and resolution, and all is more forward, not so rolled-off in background as with stock op amps. There is no background noise now at all (compared to stock).

@ArkNerevar thanx a lot for the 807 tip. Here is a link to the original 807 review, post # 333. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05-balanced.954018/page-23

I better believe you who heard a lot of op amps in Balanced. This is my first op-amp change and luckily I hear the difference CLEARLY :boom: another level sound.

The Ali seller communicates within 24 hrs, and is flexible with the price.

<<<<<<HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!>>>>>

Attachments

• 20220402_165127.jpg
    20220402_165127.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220402_165148.jpg
    20220402_165148.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #465 of 569
Is balanced output on it is of higher quality than unbalanced?

In terms of volume knob changing balance of output to headphones channels on unbalanced output, can it be not present in balanced output?

asking cuz haven't tried balanced output yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back