xDuoo XD05 Balanced
May 4, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #466 of 569
What

I just received a pair of dual AD 708SQ from

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.1.243c142fcmLsIc

Took 3 weeks, total cost 29.81 EUR to NL.

I had stock op amps for a bout 3 weeks, sound was good, but ... this is another level now. With AD 708SQ all is clearer, bass is now thunderous with quality, deepness and resolution, and all is more forward, not so rolled-off in background as with stock op amps. There is no background noise now at all (compared to stock).

@ArkNerevar thanx a lot for the 807 tip. Here is a link to the original 807 review, post # 333. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05-balanced.954018/page-23

I better believe you who heard a lot of op amps in Balanced. This is my first op-amp change and luckily I hear the difference CLEARLY :boom: another level sound.

The Ali seller communicates within 24 hrs, and is flexible with the price.

<<<<<<HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!>>>>>

wow, i am really curious with AD708SQ now...hahaha

right now i am on burson v5i, which is sounds great. but can a cheaper AD708SQ be better?
anybd have tried and compared both of them?

if it is as good as the bursons (or better), i am considering selling my bursons and get this instead...hahaha

May 5, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #467 of 569
Having AD 708 SQ for one month ... my experience :eyes:. I use highest LDAC only 990Kbps, set manually 16 bit and 44100 to transfer as much sound as possible.

I am at about 80 hours 'burn in and ears getting used to the new AD 708 SQ sound'. All I can say is I definitely enjoy listening to music much more now, computer gaming is another level with aptx LL and especially movies sound much more immersive.

Before the swap, when I got stoned, I almost never listened to music through Xduoo XD05 Bal at home, only outside. Now it is a part of 'day off from work 5-6 hours straight' for sure. Pure another level of enjoyment and emotions and relax.

I have been listening to UK DRILL only for almost 5 years, (love the bass), but now, with AD 708SQ in, I also go for FLAC of Sonic Youth, Kool Keith, Depeche Mode, The Prodigy, Public Enemy. All I can say that Xduoo, after the swap for the new 708s made me broaden my horizons on good music, plus I clearly hear subbass pressure plus sound now.

All now sounds like I am in a small club and listen to real live music. The clarity is definitely higher than stock OPAMPS, and bass now is at 'chest pumping level'. I remember that with stock opamps I had to listen to music at much higher volume (overall real volume and also volume knob +2 compared to now).

right now i am on burson v5i,

I want to try Bursons too later, I like the design lol

I have seen AD 708SQ ranging up to 100 EUR per piece (probably new, unused or simply a rip-off). The ones I got were definitely used, confirmed by seller, I asked for same serial number for both, and connector legs were so-so, I had real hard time to insert all 8 legs in without bending one of them for proper contact. Should have asked for the 'bed'.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #468 of 569
Having AD 708 SQ for one month ... my experience :eyes:. I use highest LDAC only 990Kbps, set manually 16 bit and 44100 to transfer as much sound as possible.

I am at about 80 hours 'burn in and ears getting used to the new 807 sound'. All I can say is I definitely enjoy listening to music much more now, computer gaming is another level with aptx LL and especially movies sound much more immersive.

Before the swap, when I got stoned, I almost never listened to music through Xduoo XD05 Bal at home, only outside. Now it is a part of 'day off from work 5-6 hours straight' for sure. Pure another level of enjoyment and emotions and relax.

I have been listening to UK DRILL only for almost 5 years, (love the bass), but now, with AD 708SQ in, I also go for FLAC of Sonic Youth, Kool Keith, Depeche Mode, The Prodigy, Public Enemy. All I can say that Xduoo, after the swap for the new 708s made me broaden my horizons on good music, plus I clearly hear subbass pressure plus sound now.

All now sounds like I am in a small club and listen to real live music. The clarity is definitely higher than stock OPAMPS, and bass now is at 'never distorted and chest pumping level'. I remember that with stock opamps I had to listen to music at much higher volume (overall real volume and also volume knob +2 compared to now).

I want to try Bursons too later, I like the design lol

I have seen AD 708SQ ranging up to 100 EUR per piece (probably new, unused or simply a rip-off). The ones I got were definitely used, confirmed by seller, I asked for same serial number for both, and connector legs were so-so, I had real hard time to insert all 8 legs in without bending one of them for proper contact. Should have asked for the 'bed'.
Nice to hear you are enjoying the 708SQ, but i am puzzled, I am using the stock opamp several months now with many headphones and I never experienced distortion at any level, besides the some very sensitive earbuds that sound odd.

May 5, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #469 of 569
Finally a happy ending to my sad saga. Got my amp back today from XDuoo in working condition with a brand new battery installed.

Took a long time to get sorted. Expected given the circumstances these days, I guess, but the customer service rep I dealt with at XDuoo was great the entire time.

Happy listening. :L3000:

May 5, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #470 of 569
and bass now is at 'never distorted

headphones and I never experienced distortion

Thanks !!! I also never had distorted bass with XD05 bal, even with stock opamps. What I really meant is that I remember having distorted bass with underpowered Monoprice Monolith portable pumping 320 mW into Sony EX800ST. Fixed in the original message.

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #471 of 569
I have just received a replacement for my xDuoo XD-05BAL because the earlier unit was having some screen issues but the new unit i received doesn't sound as good as the old one, despite some screen flicker, the earlier unit was better sounding.
Also with my earlier unit the iOS / iphone volume control was automatically disabled when connecting in wired mode to iphone but this new unit doesn't do so. The volume control of iOS/ iphone is still active while the new unit is connected and playing apple music.
PS:- i have completed about 100 hours burn in on new unit before posting here.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #474 of 569
I have just received a replacement for my xDuoo XD-05BAL because the earlier unit was having some screen issues but the new unit i received doesn't sound as good as the old one, despite some screen flicker, the earlier unit was better sounding.
Also with my earlier unit the iOS / iphone volume control was automatically disabled when connecting in wired mode to iphone but this new unit doesn't do so. The volume control of iOS/ iphone is still active while the new unit is connected and playing apple music.
PS:- i have completed about 100 hours burn in on new unit before posting here.
I have mailed my problem to service@xduoo.com and they send me good old 6C9 firmware.
And bang my complaints about sound signature just disappeared. For users of xDuoo XD05 balanced, using transport as apple iphone and apple music as source in terms of sound quality 6C9 >1.02=1.01, atleast to my ears. I'm so pleased to have regained the old sound signature which I liked much better then this new 1.02/1.01, I would suggest to all using apple iphone/apple music as transport/source kindly try 6C9 l, it's way more better then 1.01/1.02

Jun 28, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #475 of 569
I have mailed my problem to service@xduoo.com and they send me good old 6C9 firmware.
And bang my complaints about sound signature just disappeared. For users of xDuoo XD05 balanced, using transport as apple iphone and apple music as source in terms of sound quality 6C9 >1.02=1.01, atleast to my ears. I'm so pleased to have regained the old sound signature which I liked much better then this new 1.02/1.01, I would suggest to all using apple iphone/apple music as transport/source kindly try 6C9 l, it's way more better then 1.01/1.02
Hi, well done!!!

What was the difference in sound between 6C9 and 1.02/1.01, please could you describe in more detail.
This might be a long shot, but I want to try this with Android phone.

Jun 28, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #477 of 569
When I had 1.02/1.01 firmware the sound lacked depth and bass, which improved drastically with 6C9 firmware.
Android/Neutron user here. I confirm this. Listening through LDAC 990.

I flashed from 1.02 to 6C9.

In my favourite 'sound test' song subbass kicks in much more often throughout whole song when bass hits, not only in extreme bass 'places' as with firmware 1.02.

Just to double-check this, I flashed from 1.02 to 6C9, then back to 1.02 and finally back to 6C9, which I will test over next days.

It feels like more power delivery to me with 6C9, resulting in subbass being more present through songs, as I am listening now and yes, sound is fuller and has more PUNCH.

Mind you, I use AD708SQ opamps, but the 6C9 firmware makes noticable positive difference, to any opamps.

It feels like I listen to bluetooth Diablo lol

@ZzZzZzZ nice find !!! Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #478 of 569
Android/Neutron user here. I confirm this. Listening through LDAC 990.

I flashed from 1.02 to 6C9.

In my favourite 'sound test' song subbass kicks in much more often throughout whole song when bass hits, not only in extreme bass 'places' as with firmware 1.02.

Just to double-check this, I flashed from 1.02 to 6C9, then back to 1.02 and finally back to 6C9, which I will test over next days.

It feels like more power delivery to me with 6C9, resulting in subbass being more present through songs, as I am listening now and yes, sound is fuller and has more PUNCH.

Mind you, I use AD708SQ opamps, but the first released original firmware makes noticable positive difference, to any opamps.

It feels like I listen to bluetooth Diablo lol

@ZzZzZzZ nice find !!! Thank you.
Same here !! I have double checked with the default amps and Burson V5i dual. I am loving the sound of my old beloved 6C9 firmware on my xDuoo XD05BAL. Thanks for trying and reconfirming my finding. Enjoy the music @c69k !!

Jun 30, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #480 of 569
Hope xDuoo team is here on headfi and would release the upcoming updates on better sounding 6C9 firmware version rather then 1.01/1.02 firmware versions, soon on their website.
Update: Yesterday and today I took Xduoo outside (skateboard, work, street) and YES, every song sounded better with 6C9 firmware. All working fine as on 1.02, but definitely better sound with better kick in the subbass/bass region.

Again, huge thanx for sharing !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back