XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #1,501 of 2,100
I guess I have to wait a used XD-05 again but I hardly can see from the Facebook groups I'm joined.
I sold mine before @:

PHP 6000 ($112.78) - xDuoo XD-05
PHP 1000 ($18.79) - MUSES02 OPAmp

I only used it like between 5-10 times and never used the OPAmp.
How much does xDuoo XD-05 costs in your country? It's PHP 8500 ($159.68) here.
The key to buying used is patience (and luck). That’s pretty much it.

Even though Chinese stuffs are often cheap in my country for the Xduoo $160 will only get us a used unit. Perhaps the shrewd dealers know that the Xd05 is unique. It has lots of functionalities and a good dac chip.

However there are certain DACs that I will recommend over the Xduoo. It rolls off a lot in the high range and may sound too polite to some.

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,502 of 2,100
I don't play SQ, just set Native or DoP.
After listening to the other two days, the individual had some thoughts about this attachment as XD-05:

1. It can turn XD-05 into a Bluetooth wireless player, freeing the shackles of the transmission cable and becoming an wireless player for CD sound quality (used as a wireless headset for mobile phones or tablets).
2. All the playback software of the mobile phone and the tablet can be used, it is the role of playing the Bluetooth headset.
3. Even the Hi-Res file is decoded to 44.1KHz. It has been explained in the introduction of the official website that it is a Bluetooth decoder that provides CD quality.
4. Personally think that it is most appropriate to match Hiby music player, especially through the DLNA server to transfer music files, the phone almost no need to store PCM music files.
5. DSD or ISO files still need to be wired to play to show high bit rate music.
Hi Eric,

Can I check if you, if you switch the XD-05 to Aux in, can the bluetooth output sound to the XD-05?

Aug 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #1,503 of 2,100
Ordered....now the waiting begins.:confused:

Was there already a review on this? :) I'm quite curious with this setup.

Ordered....now the waiting begins.:confused:
The key to buying used is patience (and luck). That’s pretty much it.

Even though Chinese stuffs are often cheap in my country for the Xduoo $160 will only get us a used unit. Perhaps the shrewd dealers know that the Xd05 is unique. It has lots of functionalities and a good dac chip.

However there are certain DACs that I will recommend over the Xduoo. It rolls off a lot in the high range and may sound too polite to some.

Yeah. Same goes with my camera gears. Most of them are used. :) I'll stop with this (xDuoo XD-05) once I have it. :D Probably another DAP and/or if can see a replacement on my Fiio FH1. :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #1,504 of 2,100
Hi Eric,

Can I check if you, if you switch the XD-05 to Aux in, can the bluetooth output sound to the XD-05?

I tried to switch the music in play (via Bluetooth and coaxial input) to Aux-in and confirmed that there was no sound.
Hope can solve your problem.

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,505 of 2,100
when I play music on FOOBAR ASIO mode(xDuoo XD-05) with ATH R70X in High Gain mode and when the volume is extremely low I only hear sound on my Right Chanel and I increase the volume I hear on both,, but in normal mode(no Foobar ASIO) mode I can hear on both even the volume is extremely low.

I don't know if its an issue or not but I wanna know why on extreme low volume the sound is unbalanced in ASIO mode? is this is a firmware issue??

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,506 of 2,100
when I play music on FOOBAR ASIO mode(xDuoo XD-05) with ATH R70X in High Gain mode and when the volume is extremely low I only hear sound on my Right Chanel and I increase the volume I hear on both,, but in normal mode(no Foobar ASIO) mode I can hear on both even the volume is extremely low.

I don't know if its an issue or not but I wanna know why on extreme low volume the sound is unbalanced in ASIO mode? is this is a firmware issue??

This is very standard behaviour for amps, especially low-ish price amps. It is due to the way the potentiometer that controls the volume responds during the first degrees of turning.
In order to hear similar volume at low gain as you do at high gain, you have to turn the volume knob further, that's why you're not hearing the same imbalance.
At high gain, you would barely be turning the volume knob at all, and this is why you're hearing one channel activate and the other remain silent.

Typical situation, nothing to worry about. Stop listening at such low levels on high gain - that's the solution (which sounds rude but I don't mean it to be!)

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #1,507 of 2,100
I received the Bluetooth add-on today off the slow boat from China (or slow plane). It's really small, hardly adds much to the main unit. It supports a nice variety of codecs: SBC, AptX and AAC. So far, I'm very impressed with the sound quality - I can't notice a lot (if any) difference from a wired connection. I'll post more impressions after I listen for a bit. So far, the biggest positive is no more crackling from the touchy rear USB connection.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #1,509 of 2,100
My xd 05 stopped transmitting signal through the headphones. Once it was enough to tap with the finger on the box to stop giving a signal through the headphones.

Anyone know what it might be?

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #1,512 of 2,100
Anyone else having to constantly buy new USB cables for this?
Anyone have any solutions.

I am using this daily as I use it for my phone and my office DAC/AMP at work. I have found that no matter what I do, after a while I have to either bend the pins inside of the usb cable to get better contact or eventually just buy a new cable. It has been very frustrating and I am seeing if anyone came up with a better solution than just burning through cables.

Oct 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,513 of 2,100
Okay, dumb question, but I can't figure it out from the manual. How do you CHANGE the SRC? I tried using the volume know...no good. Tried long pressing on button, but did not see any change in the display. I am using the aux line in. I know it is probably simple....indulge me :)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,515 of 2,100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back