XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jun 25, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #303 of 2,100
Diggy, can you please tell me about how you feel the 650 pairs with this amp? Much appreciated!

For short Its clean smooth, bass is punchy and have body. Great separate bring good detail i think from xd05 dac and 650 it self have great detail revealing

Quote:

Where did you get that black rubber band to fold your XD-05? I'm not saying the silicon band from the original package.

Its call slipmate, for car dashboard

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #304 of 2,100
So I have recently purchased this AMP/DAC in order to have a more portable AMP/DAC (I own a JDS Labs O2 + ODAC). I was somewhat disappointed with having to install their own custom drivers for DSD connection for PC. However, I have connected the PCM to my Optical out and can't get more than 24bit at 192k hz. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #305 of 2,100
  So I have recently purchased this AMP/DAC in order to have a more portable AMP/DAC (I own a JDS Labs O2 + ODAC). I was somewhat disappointed with having to install their own custom drivers for DSD connection for PC. However, I have connected the PCM to my Optical out and can't get more than 24bit at 192k hz. Is anyone else having this issue? 

I tried the xDuoo XD-05 for the first time and also had this issue on my pc with the drivers, it seems like it cant go above 192khz in windows but can still play 32bit/384khz​ files, I tried and that works, still a bit weird that we can't change the sampling rate to 384khz in windows or the drivers...

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #306 of 2,100
Managing USB DAC in Windows can be troublesome. I don't have the xd05 anymore so I can't look into the specific problems you guys are having, but is the xd05 fully recognized by Windows, the ASIO driver app and foobar/jriver/anything you use?

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #310 of 2,100
Hi all, I have been using the Xduoo XD-05 for a couple of weeks and I quite enjoy it.

I have been using it with my iphone 6 plus with the camera connection kit and Sennheiser HD700s. It is a bit bulky but quite enjoyable. 

What IOS app would be best for playing 24 bit music via DSD? I believe the regular music app cannot do this right? I much preferred the older music app. This one is terrible. I just want to be able to play songs on shuffle and I am not finding an option for this. So an app that can do this would be nice

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #313 of 2,100
can this be used as a basshead amp

Well there's a bass boost switch but I think by nature, amps are supposed to be quite neutral.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #314 of 2,100
  Hi all, I have been using the Xduoo XD-05 for a couple of weeks and I quite enjoy it.

I have been using it with my iphone 6 plus with the camera connection kit and Sennheiser HD700s. It is a bit bulky but quite enjoyable. 

What IOS app would be best for playing 24 bit music via DSD? I believe the regular music app cannot do this right? I much preferred the older music app. This one is terrible. I just want to be able to play songs on shuffle and I am not finding an option for this. So an app that can do this would be nice

...the Onkyo app (with in app DSD upgrade) and iAudioGate do both a great job with DSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back