XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #856 of 2,099

1) op-amp rolling. SS V5i dual is a fantastic choice. It keeps the details and becomes more musical. The stock opa1612 is also good, at least on the specs, very low distortion. This doesn't effect the line-out.

op-amp rolling is not so good
Each opamp has its own characteristics and it is better to make new measurements ( noise, THD... ) after an opamp rolling
I love the sound of the xduoo with the stock opamp on my Philips X2, and if you want to modify the sound to your taste, i think it' s more efficient to play with an equalizer !

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #857 of 2,099
For those of you who bought the burson op amp, how long did it take to deliver and did you have tracking information? I ordered mine on the 9th and for a shipping confirmation and taking number but whenever I try to locate the package, it gives me an error about an inaccurate trading id. Thanks in advance.

I received an email with  tracking number.  It is dispatching from China.  When I last ordered (the wrong  item!) it took ~3 weeks.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #859 of 2,099
I am wondering something about output impedance.

It is known that this has 0.4~ ohm output impedance. But I use it with the yellow 3.5 to 6.5 mm converter that came together.

How that thing affects output impedance? A person from fx-audio dac x6 thread says that it affects sound quality (making it bad). Maybe this is because that thing changes output impedance so much.

What do you think?

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #860 of 2,099
@ fuzun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Strange ... depends of the converter ?  be carefull that the jack from headphone gots good connection.  And well perhpas a full metal body can
By the way Beyer headphone have native 3.5 mm jack and a screwed 6.3 jack adapter. And nobody has never complain about it.

Quote:
  How does the dac here compare to the fulla 2?

Good question !
And moreover against the schiit modi 2 uber ? any comparaison ?

Regards

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #864 of 2,099
Just dropped a Burson V5i in mine. Easiest mod by far and as dramatic a quality increase as dropping a '54 RCA blackplate in my TA-03.

For those of you who bought the burson op amp, how long did it take to deliver and did you have tracking information? I ordered mine on the 9th and for a shipping confirmation and taking number but whenever I try to locate the package, it gives me an error about an inaccurate trading id. Thanks in advance.

I also ordered mine on the 9th, arrived on the 30th. The RC tracking number they give you will not be scanned by USPS stateside, so all you'll ever see is that it left Hong Kong. Also, you need to add a 0 after the RC and before the first digit. So, RC(0)######## is your correct number. You should be expecting a small yellow padded envelope, maybe 6x6"?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #866 of 2,099
Just did the V5i mod! At first glance I thought it wasn't in completely but it was. 

Loving the improvements! This DAC/Amp is way more musical/lively now. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #867 of 2,099
Bought at GearBest.com. For $ 153.57, I think very good price.
Excellent sound, low solids and clean treble.
Excellent purchase.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #869 of 2,099
  I am wondering something about output impedance.

It is known that this has 0.4~ ohm output impedance. But I use it with the yellow 3.5 to 6.5 mm converter that came together.

How that thing affects output impedance? A person from fx-audio dac x6 thread says that it affects sound quality (making it bad). Maybe this is because that thing changes output impedance so much.

What do you think?

I have one like that, the d.c. resistance is virtually zero ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back