XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Feb 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #871 of 2,099
Hey guys,

I would like to use this with my desktop PC and my pair of HD650.

I currently have a set of Logitech Z906 connected to my PC via spdif.

Would I be able to use the xd05 together with the Z906?

What are the pro's/cons of doing this?

Also would I be able to leave both the headphones and speakers connected at the same time and use the xd05 to switch between the two.

Thanks

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #872 of 2,099
Hey guys,

I would like to use this with my desktop PC and my pair of HD650.

I currently have a set of Logitech Z906 connected to my PC via spdif.

Would I be able to use the xd05 together with the Z906?

What are the pro's/cons of doing this?

Also would I be able to leave both the headphones and speakers connected at the same time and use the xd05 to switch between the two.

Thanks

You can use both.

I've just made a test to confirm that and the Line Out is always playing the signal at constant volume independent level from the headphone volume knob.

So if you plug/unplug Line Out or Headphone output the other does not get "paused", both ot them are always working, so there is no switch for output selection (just input switch).

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #873 of 2,099
Yeah I use a pair of HD600's out of the front 3.5mm and always have my Logitech Z602's plugged into the back line out. Whenever I power on the Z602's they produce sound and my HD600's don't turn off unless I turn the volume nob down to right before the unit switches off.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #874 of 2,099
I thought I would add some music to try with that DAC.

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack | Fear Not This Night - Asja Kadric

The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchestra soundtrack | Track 7: The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley

Mass Effect 3 - Stand Strong, Stand Together

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #875 of 2,099
  I thought I would add some music to try with that DAC.

Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack | Fear Not This Night - Asja Kadric

The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchestra soundtrack | Track 7: The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley

Mass Effect 3 - Stand Strong, Stand Together

Ooh I love this piece. Pity I only have Youtube quality files..

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #876 of 2,099
I've been stuck listening to Boys II Men - Legacy: The Greatest Hits album on the XD-05's. 

The mixing + mastering on the tracks are superb.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #877 of 2,099
XD-05(V5i op-amp)+Fidelio X2,  and listen to X TV OST - Sadame (or 'Destiny', depends on translocation).

The soundstage, trumpet and strings. Fantastic!

It also has guitar version and piano version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g61pdBSt9oY  (Guitar)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqtSkjZOJQQ  (Piano)

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #878 of 2,099
Hi, this is a question for those of you who have ordered the Burson V5i.  

I placed my order on Jan. 13, and received a consignment has shipped email from Burson on Jan. 18.  However, as of today Feb. 7, I have not yet received the V5i.  

Are there any of you out there who have placed their orders around the same time as I did, who have still not received the package?  Any of you that have received it?  Btw, I am located in California.

Also, I'd like to ask your input on how much longer I should wait before trying to contact Burson about not receiving my order.  Should I give it a couple more days?  Another week?  Considering the cost of shipping, they really should provide a better tracking service.  Sigh...

If I do have to contact Burson, what would be the best way to contact them?  Other than the email info@burson I have found no other contact information.  

I've been so excited to put the V5i into my XD-05 that this experience has been a little extra disheartening.

Your input and advice are greatly appreciated.

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #879 of 2,099

I placed my order on Jan. 13, and received a consignment has shipped email from Burson on Jan. 18.  However, as of today Feb. 7, I have not yet received the V5i.  

Are there any of you out there who have placed their orders around the same time as I did, who have still not received the package?  Any of you that have received it?  Btw, I am located in California.

Also, I'd like to ask your input on how much longer I should wait before trying to contact Burson about not receiving my order.  Should I give it a couple more days?  Another week?  Considering the cost of shipping, they really should provide a better tracking service.  Sigh...

If I do have to contact Burson, what would be the best way to contact them?  Other than the email info@burson I have found no other contact information.  

I've been so excited to put the V5i into my XD-05 that this experience has been a little extra disheartening.

I believe past members have mentioned that it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to arrive to the US.

I've not tried contacting them but you can give it a go with the email provided. Seems like that's the only contact avenue.

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #880 of 2,099
The shipment is from china. Mine arrived after long time

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #882 of 2,099
yes, you´re right and the tracking number exists but burson does not send to customers. honestly i don´t know why

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #884 of 2,099

I contacted them few times. They (Alex) always replied back within a day or two. The tracking number provided is useless. It was always showing the item had left Hong Kong
Cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #885 of 2,099
i contacted Alex and i had a feedback only after long time and only after wrote to Charles(SS Audio),present in this forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back