XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Dec 11, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,819 of 2,100
Is it worth getting the Digital cable? I have a ps4 pro and I was wondering if it's worth the upgrade. But I also don't know if once it connects to the controller if it kills any benefits.

I just got my KOSS ESP/95x headphones and am wondering if a digital cable would help at all or if it's barely noticeable.

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,820 of 2,100
hi..
I had an XDUOO-05 . (old version..) some thing happened wierd on updating firmware and device can not be connect to usb anymore.. :frowning2: the xmos chip or some firmware problem made it brick on only in usb section.. the xduoo support team asked me if I could change the xmos chip, they will send me one.. but they did not ofcourse :) the man named SAM.. we talked by mail a few times, gave me fake numbers to follow on cargo ..etc.. :))
finally I had an 05 + burson vivid6 classic opamp moded beaty but no usb :frowning2:
is there any possible way to bring it back?..
thanks by now..

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #1,821 of 2,100
Hi all! So long I haven't use my Xduoo, exactly since late 2008 when I bought a Sony WM1A dap. Those last days I'm using the Sony IER-Z1R with the Xduoo paired with a Shanling M2s and I'm very happy with results. I remember in 2008 I put a OPA2209 but it seems that there have been some interesting developments. Could someone recommend any amplifier modules? Thank you very much in advance and happy new year!

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,822 of 2,100
I have searched, don't see a clear answer, so I will ask.
I recently purchased the xd05 Basic, USBC in, and USBC power to a standard USB power block(Phone charger), It charged all night, still shows charging. If I unplug from power, battery shows full, but if I switch from battery to ext.power, nothing. So I'm guessing that is not enough to drive it. I have looked everywhere and cant find a clear answer as to what power supply I need for constant desktop use, only a picture in the manual of a wall charger to USB C. Thanks for any answers or suggestions.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,828 of 2,100
What file format does the xd-05 plus with the bluetooth adapter xd-05bl pro sound best with? Someone expressed a preference for a particular format but I can't find the post now. I remember that the bluetooth adapter downsamples to cd quality so I am thinking about using straight wav files just so that I don't have to wonder if lossless compression truly is.

ps... is there a way to make replaygain metadata available in wav files?

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,829 of 2,100
Greetings~

Just wanna ask a question if any of you ever put in a Burson V6 Vivid/Classic into the XD-05 Plus (I know it won't fit but I'll think of a way to do it... somehow haha)
Does the sound improve further from the V5i? I'm currently running the V5i and I only use this as a desktop unit. So having it open is not a problem to me :/

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #1,830 of 2,100
Anyone ordered the XD-05 Balanced? It’s up on shenzhenaudio with built in Bluetooth too.
Both balanced and unbalanced are rated at 1W. Wonder what’s the point of the balanced port and if any objective audible differences....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back