XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 26, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #4,606 of 5,194
Absolutely. I'm still amazed that my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip accepts a 128 Gb card (FAT32 formatted). Amazing stuff.

Good reminder that the cards must be formated fat32

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #4,607 of 5,194
Absolutely. I'm still amazed that my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip accepts a 128 Gb card (FAT32 formatted). Amazing stuff.
Oh, we have the same player. :D I have a 4-year old red Clip Zip 4GB model that's still going strong. Great to know that the Clip Zip could also read 128GB FAT32-formatted cards in Rockbox (I thought it could only read up to 64GB under Rockbox).

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #4,608 of 5,194
Oh, we have the same player. :D I have a 4-year old red Clip Zip 4GB model that's still going strong. Great to know that the Clip Zip could also read 128GB FAT32-formatted cards in Rockbox (I thought it could only read up to 64GB under Rockbox).

These are such great little players. Shame the Clip Jam and Sport are apparently not suitable for Rockbox. So far the 128 Gb card reads fine on my Clip Zip. I'm thinking of Rockboxing my Cowon D2 next. I got the Rockbox virus it seems. :L3000:

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #4,609 of 5,194
Just wanted those of you that lately ordered X3 DAP from TomTop and have had the order in "processing"mode for a long time,like me let you know that TT just sent me a mail and after 11 days in "processing"mode it's no SHIPPED/Dispatched mode..Have a good day everyone :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #4,610 of 5,194
These are such great little players. Shame the Clip Jam and Sport are apparently not suitable for Rockbox. So far the 128 Gb card reads fine on my Clip Zip. I'm thinking of Rockboxing my Cowon D2 next. I got the Rockbox virus it seems. :L3000:
Yes, it's sad that Clip Jam and Clip Sport still doesn't have Rockbox ports at the moment. In fact, if they are only be able to install Rockbox, I'll definitely buy either of those two Sansa players (Clip Sport, especially. It seems like it's the successor of the Clip Zip), that's why I settled with the xDuoo X3 (got interested and bought this the moment I learned that it has a semi-official(?) Rockbox port).

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #4,611 of 5,194
Just wanted those of you that lately ordered X3 DAP from TomTop and have had the order in "processing"mode for a long time,like me let you know that TT just sent me a mail and after 11 days in "processing"mode it's no SHIPPED/Dispatched mode..Have a good day everyone :)

This is what I warned, cancel it, 90% sure they won't dispatch it nor would inform or communicate. Worst site ever.

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #4,614 of 5,194
Yes, it's sad that Clip Jam and Clip Sport still doesn't have Rockbox ports at the moment. In fact, if they are only be able to install Rockbox, I'll definitely buy either of those two Sansa players (Clip Sport, especially. It seems like it's the successor of the Clip Zip), that's why I settled with the xDuoo X3.

I decided today to buy a refurbished one on eBay. Always nice to have a backup one. I might get an xDuoo X3 later on. Apparently there is a yearly sale on Ali each november. That might be a good time to bite for me. Enjoy your xDuoo and Sansa!

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #4,616 of 5,194
I bought an X3 a few weeks ago from tomtop fur 60USD. I am now moving to a Cayin N3 because:
1: original fw is buggy, you get clicks and drop outs with each track change, wth?
2: rockbox is nice but not hires and I get some serious issues with some of my hires files when played with rb fw (high frequency noise on very quiet pieces, overall sq lacking in spite of following suggestions on dac settings here).
Hopefully the N3 has no dealbreaking issues like those...

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #4,617 of 5,194
1: original fw is buggy, you get clicks and drop outs with each track change, wth?

It is worse than that. Search the thread and you will find much discussion about the pitch error and the lack of gapless play. The clicks are probably due to the first couple of seconds cut off the start of each song.

I only recommend this as a rockboxed player but as you have noticed you should just use 16bit Flac or MP 3s. It will play 24bit but will downsample (causing a slight delay plus loss of quality), so what's the point? I do highly recommend it within those limits. With rockbox it becomes a hidden gem.

I do also have an Opus #1 and a little Ruizu A 50...each with their own purpose.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #4,618 of 5,194
:frowning2:

Did you ever tried installing Rockbox on it before you sold it?

On a side note, I bought an xDuoo X3 as some sort of a backup in the event of my primary DAP gets broken. My primary DAP before I bought this is a 4-year old Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip, in which I'm expecting it'll reach its last days in a year or two. It does still work fine up to now and I still primarily use it; the Clip Zip is a durable DAP for its size, but I have to be prepared, so here comes the X3.

Currently looking into picking up another one. I wasn't a fan of the UI on the X3. I'll do some research re Rockbox.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #4,619 of 5,194
Currently looking into picking up another one. I wasn't a fan of the UI on the X3. I'll do some research re Rockbox.
If you're not a fan of the UI of the stock firmware (to be fair, the UI looks something you'll see on generic, disposable, China-made "S1" mp3 players; X3 is a Chinese product, after all) then the customizable UI on Rockbox might change your mind. That is only one of the improvements RB could offer on X3.

2: rockbox is nice but not hires and I get some serious issues with some of my hires files when played with rb fw (high frequency noise on very quiet pieces, overall sq lacking in spite of following suggestions on dac settings here).
That's quite sad to know. I don't have hi-res files (24 bit/192k Hz and the like) yet so I haven't heard that issue myself. i guess a Rockbox'd X3 would suffice if most of your files are CD-quality only.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #4,620 of 5,194
I bought an X3 a few weeks ago from tomtop fur 60USD. I am now moving to a Cayin N3 because:
Hopefully the N3 has no dealbreaking issues like those...

Sorry to hear you have problems with your X3,warranty...send it back if it's worth it.Mine so far,touch wood,no problems..one moore on it's way.51US..well what the heck..if it's not preforming..guess i lost the money..no big deal but i don't hear many Forum members here that have encoutered issuse like you.

Have an awsome and blessed day..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back