XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 12, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #4,411 of 5,194

If you don't use cue sheets, then don't worry about it.  Basically some people prefer to rip a CD into a single file instead of individual tracks, the cue sheet will contain the track info.

'Gain' provides a bit more power, an additional +6db.

I have not use the dac filter, but I read in a review that it provides 'slow' or 'hard' roll-off.

And Rockbox can give you the folder navigation that you want.

WSKL Thank you ssssooo much! :wink:

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #4,412 of 5,194
Hey guys. I dropped my player the other day and now I have a loose connection on my headphone jack. I only got the player a few months ago and can't afford a new one. Any suggestions? 
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #4,413 of 5,194
  Hey guys. I dropped my player the other day and now I have a loose connection on my headphone jack. I only got the player a few months ago and can't afford a new one. Any suggestions? 
confused_face(1).gif

You good with a soldering iron? Should be an easy fix.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #4,415 of 5,194
  I think my buddy may have one. Anyone have pics to help a new guy out?

LOL

Oh wait, you meant pictures of the inside of the X3! Sorry, here you go:

Just make sure you disconnect the battery before working on anything.

Hopefully the solder pads didn't lift or get damaged. You won't know if the jack can be reused until you open it up and take a look. Otherwise, replacement jacks should be readily available on aliexpress, mouser, etc.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #4,417 of 5,194
  LOL! Thanks mate. I think I went to that club actually - although in my case my date started passing out on the back of my motorcycle on the way home and fortunately she was wearing my hybrid helmet (flip up front) or she would have vomited inside the helmet....

haha, nice!

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #4,418 of 5,194
LOL

Oh wait, you meant pictures of the inside of the X3! Sorry, here you go:

Just make sure you disconnect the battery before working on anything.

Hopefully the solder pads didn't lift or get damaged. You won't know if the jack can be reused until you open it up and take a look. Otherwise, replacement jacks should be readily available on aliexpress, mouser, etc.

Same thing happened to me. I didn't have a soldering iron so I wedged a folded piece of paper about 5mm between the jack and back cover. Did the job. Just be careful, I stripped a screw so now I can't open it again. At least i have a working x3.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #4,419 of 5,194
Same thing happened to me. I didn't have a soldering iron so I wedged a folded piece of paper about 5mm between the jack and back cover. Did the job. Just be careful, I stripped a screw so now I can't open it again. At least i have a working x3.

Wow, nice workaround to the problem!

I wonder if the added pressure may have contributed to the aluminum stripping?

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #4,420 of 5,194
Wow, nice workaround to the problem!

I wonder if the added pressure may have contributed to the aluminum stripping?

I think I tightened too much, plus the screws are cheap crap which are really soft. One little slip and it's a circular hole instead of a torx 5.
Any ideas how I can remove the stripped screw? I was planning on getting an iron to solder the jack at a later date.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #4,421 of 5,194
I think I tightened too much, plus the screws are cheap crap which are really soft. One little slip and it's a circular hole instead of a torx 5.
Any ideas how I can remove the stripped screw? I was planning on getting an iron to solder the jack at a later date.

What makes it infinitely harder is the screws being recessed (in addition to being so small). If the screws weren't recessed, you could cut a slot into the head with a dremel cutoff disc & use a flathead screwdriver.

Only solution in a situation like this is to drill the heads off. Sometimes you can get lucky & use a small flathead screwdriver, which will bite into 2 of the torx points (pushing down to keep pressure on the screwdriver).

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #4,422 of 5,194

Take a tiny, tiny, TINY amount of superglue or epoxy and apply it to the tip of a torx 5 screwdriver and insert it into the stripped screw, Hold it very steady and wait for it to set. You should then be able to remove the stripped screw. You have to get a small enough amount of glue on the screwdriver that ideally it won't spill out over the outer edge of the screw where it meets the back of the player or else it will glue the screw into place.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #4,423 of 5,194
Take a tiny, tiny, TINY amount of superglue or epoxy and apply it to the tip of a torx 5 screwdriver and insert it into the stripped screw, Hold it very steady and wait for it to set. You should then be able to remove the stripped screw. You have to get a small enough amount of glue on the screwdriver that ideally it won't spill out over the outer edge of the screw where it meets the back of the player or else it will glue the screw into place.

This idea had crossed my mind also. I'll give it a shot.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #4,425 of 5,194
What iem are you guys using? I got these: The MEE Audio M-Duo, I find the bass too muddy, the UiiSii HM7 are quite amazing for €5 but a bit sibilant and not that balanced, Xiaomi hd pro are balanced and natural enough. I'm looking for better. Got the Boarseman kr25d coming.EINSEAR T2 and Urbanfun on the radar. Maybe i got the bug:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back