XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jun 2, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,346 of 5,194
For $10 more than the price at TomTop (with Xduoo100 code). 

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #3,348 of 5,194
Since I've gotten my X3 2 weeks ago I keep trying to define what makes this rather inexpensive player sound so good.
In almost every review and throughout the 220 plus pages in this thread the X3's ability to throw a more than decent sound stage is highlighted.
What I finally came to conclude is that this player is a master at negative space. By that I mean there is a real sense of
space between instruments, vocalists etc. For me there's no bleeding of sound, no blurring of edges, a real sense of air if you will.
I don't know if it's the Cirrus Logic CS4938 DAC chip, the Texas Instruments OP + Buffer architecture or some kind of magic practiced by Xduoo (learned by building a wide variety of amplifiers and other gear) but this little DAP really sings.
Before I decided on the X3 I was looking at A&K jr, and other DAPs costing up to 4 or 5 times as much as the X3. Are they $400 to $500 dollars better? I don't know, but I suspect its a case of diminishing returns. Anyway I'm more than happy to take my savings and invest in music to play on my X3. 

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #3,349 of 5,194
  For $10 more than the price at TomTop (with Xduoo100 code). 

Use Code LCXX3 and it brings the price down to $84.99.
I ordered on the 23rd. It landed in The Netherlands on 28th.
Passed through customs on the 30th.
Arrived in Ireland today (2nd of June) and hopefully I'll have it tomorrow
o2smile.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #3,350 of 5,194
o2smile.gif

Mine seems to be lost somewhere in transit hell 
mad.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #3,351 of 5,194

Mine seems to be lost somewhere in transit hell 
mad.gif

What date did you order? I wasn't able to track it until the 28th I think. So that was 4 or 5 days of not knowing anything, even though they issued me with two tracking numbers.
The 2nd tracking number kicked in when it left the Netherlands customs, and the first one stopped tracking.

But I'd imagine it's different in Canada, they probably ship direct.

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3,353 of 5,194

What date did you order? I wasn't able to track it until the 28th I think. So that was 4 or 5 days of not knowing anything, even though they issued me with two tracking numbers.
The 2nd tracking number kicked in when it left the Netherlands customs, and the first one stopped tracking.

But I'd imagine it's different in Canada, they probably ship direct.

It left China on May10. I'm hoping that venting about it now will result in it magically appearing at the post office today or tomorrow!

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,354 of 5,194
o2smile.gif

Hahahaha, Massdrop epic fail
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #3,355 of 5,194
I was lucky that mine was hand carried by a Chinese friend to Germany in December 2015, and I had almost zero waiting, as I contacted him on the few days of his travel. But the prices have gone down, as it was always around 100€ plus everywhere(though I got mine for 95). But now it looks cheaper. Anyway, now I am eligible for a long term 6 months review-writing!

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #3,356 of 5,194
Since I've gotten my X3 2 weeks ago I keep trying to define what makes this rather inexpensive player sound so good.
In almost every review and throughout the 220 plus pages in this thread the X3's ability to throw a more than decent sound stage is highlighted.
What I finally came to conclude is that this player is a master at negative space. By that I mean there is a real sense of
space between instruments, vocalists etc. For me there's no bleeding of sound, no blurring of edges, a real sense of air if you will.
I don't know if it's the Cirrus Logic CS4938 DAC chip, the Texas Instruments OP + Buffer architecture or some kind of magic practiced by Xduoo (learned by building a wide variety of amplifiers and other gear) but this little DAP really sings.
Before I decided on the X3 I was looking at A&K jr, and other DAPs costing up to 4 or 5 times as much as the X3. Are they $400 to $500 dollars better? I don't know, but I suspect its a case of diminishing returns. Anyway I'm more than happy to take my savings and invest in music to play on my X3. 

Stock UI or rock box ?

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,357 of 5,194
I am in need of some assistance if I can get it? 
had a ton of songs on this microsd that i trashed on my imac to start over with the xduoo, but apparently they are still there, tried to update through the xduoo and I do not see any signs of files being delted

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #3,359 of 5,194
Hi guys. I have been interested with this player for a while but where do I get it. I live in Malaysia and I've never saw any retail store sell this brand. I've check Jaben Audio. I've also check lazada but that website seem really shady and it wrote plainly on their website there is no warranty for the product. So where can I exactly get it?

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #3,360 of 5,194
Hi guys. I have been interested with this player for a while but where do I get it. I live in Malaysia and I've never saw any retail store sell this brand. I've check Jaben Audio. I've also check lazada but that website seem really shady and it wrote plainly on their website there is no warranty for the product. So where can I exactly get it?

Use aliexpress, i am in India, i bought from Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back